VF Sweden meetup

Anything not covered above probably belongs here!

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

VF Sweden meetup

Postby bronco » Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:39 pm

I'm gonna be in sweden over christmas and newyear, and though it would be nice to take the chance to meet up with some of the other VF members in sweden :D.
Therefor I'm suggesting a meetup somewhere around Stockholm/Uppsala sometime around new year or so, I'll probably be in sweden from dec23 or jan7 or so.

As for what we would do on the meetup, we would definitely eat vegan food, and hopefully we can arrange some sporty activities as well :).

Everybody would of course be extremely welcome to participate, and I would be especially happy if we get some lurkers to come out in the open :D.

So, who's interested?
Any suggestions about activites, location, date etc?
[quote="JP"]Spirulina is a badass crew, and they often just hang around in street corners looking to beat up proteins.

They oftenget confused by the fact that they are almost half protein themselves.
bronco
Site Admin

Postby fredrikw » Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:50 pm

excellent idea Bronco, count me in! one of the days between christmas and new years eve perhaps?
--- non-racers. the emptiness of those lives shocks me ---
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby bronco » Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:54 pm

[quote="fredrikw"]excellent idea Bronco, count me in! one of the days between christmas and new years eve perhaps?

Yeah for me that would be optimal :D
[quote="JP"]Spirulina is a badass crew, and they often just hang around in street corners looking to beat up proteins.

They oftenget confused by the fact that they are almost half protein themselves.
bronco
Site Admin

Postby ida » Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:02 pm

I want to be there aswell! :D After the 28th december I don't have any plans.
there is always time for rowing
ida

Postby albin » Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:33 pm

I will probably be in Uppsala around that time with nothing to do. But when it comes to winter sports equipment, I don't have any. Maybe I could borrow a pair of skates or skis, but I'm not sure. Always up for a bulking session though! :D
albin

Postby bronco » Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:44 pm

I would like to go ice skating, but that's sort of hard to plan cause who knows what the ice will be like around then? Plus maybe it's better with something that takes less equipment.

bronco
Site Admin

Postby fredrikw » Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:47 pm

I'm all for ice skating, bought a pair of touring skates last year and managed to use them once before I fell and broke my arm :( I'm planning on doing some real touring this year, so I need all the practice I can get :)

ice skating can be done at östermalms ip if we chose to be in Stockholm, that's a large "rundbana" where fortunately you're not allowed to have hockey sticks :) it might be possible to borrow or rent skates, I can check this up.

if we want less equipment and we have any luck with the weather there's always "åka påse", sit on a plastic bag and go fiercly fast down some slope somehwere :D
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby bronco » Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:57 pm

If we are gonna do ice skating and the weather allows I would prefer Ekoln, we could go out to hammarskog, that's a nice trip :D.

bronco
Site Admin

Postby RAZ » Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:08 pm

:cry: Unfortunately I don't think that I can be there. :cry:
I have a trip to london until the 20th of dec. and then I'm in Värmland over christmas and maybe new year, and directly after that I'm off to Branäs for a ski trip. Even if I could squeeze in a free day to come and meet up I don't think I could afford it after all the other costs.

Have a great time anyway and I hope to meet you all sometime soon. :)
"Drink some concrete and harden up"
RAZ

Postby fredrikw » Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:13 pm

[quote="bronco"]If we are gonna do ice skating and the weather allows I would prefer Ekoln, we could go out to hammarskog, that's a nice trip :D.

a bit far away :wink: if we want a real lake instead there is always Hellasgården, there you can borrow/rent skates as well.

I guess we need to decide what city to be in as well.
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby fredrikw » Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:21 pm

[quote="RAZ"]:cry: Unfortunately I don't think that I can be there. :cry:
I have a trip to london until the 20th of dec. and then I'm in Värmland over christmas and maybe new year, and directly after that I'm off to Branäs for a ski trip. Even if I could squeeze in a free day to come and meet up I don't think I could afford it after all the other costs.

Have a great time anyway and I hope to meet you all sometime soon. :)

too bad RAZ, but I'm sure there will be more opportunities to meet up sometime. sounds like a buzy season for you.
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby albin » Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:24 pm

[quote="fredrikw"]
I guess we need to decide what city to be in as well.

At the moment you seem to be the only one living in Stockholm that is willing to meet up, fredrikw. So I guess that it is leaning towards Uppsala! :D Maybe you should lobby on the other "Stockholmare" on the board, and maybe the numbers will end up in your favour. :wink:
albin

Postby fredrikw » Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:37 pm

[quote="albin"]At the moment you seem to be the only one living in Stockholm that is willing to meet up, fredrikw.

well, seeing that the traffic on VF is quite low on weekends we should perhaps wait a while before calling out a majority vote :D

one crucial factor is the food I'd say, what options are there in Uppsala?
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby albin » Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:07 pm

Yeah, food is important of course. I don't know anything about restaurants in Uppsala, since I'm not a big fan of the dining out experience. Waiting for the check and tipping freak me out (and also I don't like being a hassle) :? :oops:
albin

Postby fredrikw » Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:09 pm

well, if we go out a bunch of vegans that won't be any problem I'd say :D (if you're talking about being a hassle due to being a vegan, and not bacause some other strange reason :))
fredrikw
Site Admin

Next

Return to General Discussion