Vegan running table

For all kinds of running related discussions, from sprinting to marathon, training to equipment. Also the forum for international <a href="http://www.veganrunners.org">veganrunners.org</a> network.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Vegan running table

Postby Oak » Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:55 pm

Sprints

100m
Male
Time........I/O........Name

Female

400m
Male

Female

Middle Distance

800m
Male
Time.......I/O........Name

Female

Male

Female

Long Distance

Male
Time.......I/O........Name

Female

5Miles
Male
Position...Time........I/O........Name
1.............33:04......O..........Skinny whippet
2.............33:14......O..........jonathan

Female

Male
1.............40:15......O..........Skinny whippet
2.............40:56......O..........Oak

Female
1.............52............O..........Fruitbat
2.............77............O..........Mary

10Miles
Male
1:08:59...O..........Skinny whippet

Female
Half-Marathon

Male
1:27:50...O..........Skinny whippet

Female

Marathon
Male

Female

I/O = Indoor/Outdoor
* = Recently Updated
Last edited by Oak on Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oak

Rules

Postby Oak » Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:58 pm

This is a table for people to participate in recording their progress in running.
It doesn’t matter how fast or slow you are. Most people would find it difficult to finish any sprint or distanced run!

The rules are simple

1. Runner must be vegan
2. Distance must be measured not estimated
3. Run can be outdoor or indoor

Just post your personal best time (PB), the distance, your sex and whether the run was done indoors or outdoor.
If a race then it would be of interest to state finishing position and amount of runners.
If you get a better PB then I’ll update the table

Check out your local athletic track or contact a local running group for routes and distances.

If there is a demand then other distances or a wheelchair distance table could be added.
Oak

Postby ultra_whippet » Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:59 pm

Righto, I'll get the ball rolling then...

5 miles: 33:04 (Wolverton)
10K: 40:15 (Regent's Park)
10 miles: 1:08:59 (Maidenhead)
Half-marathon: 1:27:50 (Wokingham)

My 10K time is really bugging me - have run under 41 mins no less than 5 times now(!) but still can't crack 40. I suppose my targets, in order, are:

10K: <40 mins
1/2M: <1:25
5 miles: <30mins
ultra_whippet

Postby Mary » Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:09 pm

Eek! Now I have no excuse not to measure my running. I will start off lazy, and do a sprint. Post it later this week. How is that?

It will be slow though... I am a lazy sod!
Mary

Swiftyness

Postby Oak » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:26 am

Hey Skinnywhippet,

Great times, i can imagine a bit of frustration with the 10k, you are a shave off of it :lol:

I didn't know that there was 5 and 10mile races. I have only entered one race myself so i'll maybe try the 5mile sometime if theres one about.

How do you find out about all your runs?

Right Mary, c'mon get yourself down to the track and give me a sprint time :wink:

I'm sure JP mentioned doing a sprint too?

Still not sure about the design of the table. I'll play around with it a bit and if anybodies got any other suggestions then let me know.

Oak :D
Oak

Postby Mary » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:32 am

If I can find a properly measured field, can I count my times running away from the woo woo lights and the men on horses? I bet that is fast!

Wait till we get Arcnews out. I will try next week. As you may have noticed, we have had a crap week, and my log is sinking downwards... Bugger!
Mary

Postby ultra_whippet » Thu Nov 25, 2004 9:27 am

Oak, a good way to find out about races is at www.runnersworld.co.uk - they have a searchable events database there.
ultra_whippet

Postby tylerm » Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:33 pm

I need to find some measured distances for the low and mid distances, I would like to post my numbers and see how they compare. I used to run alot more distance, which for me was maybe 5 miles, tops, but I also used to always really run, not jog. I could probably jog alot farther than that.

I am interested in testing my times in the shorter sprints, as I have started doing way more weight lifting since I used to run, as well as martial arts, and I think it will make a difference. I noticed that after I had started squatting, I had a much, much easier time running uphill and that my knees stopped giving me problems after long runs.

I live 2 doors down from a private catholic school, they have a nice track, sometimes I jump the 12 foot fence and run there late night, like 2am, though I haven't done it in awhile. I need to stroll over there and see if they have distances marked, I think it is a 1/4 mile track, but I may be wrong..
tylerm

Track?

Postby Oak » Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:11 pm

Hi Tylerm,

Have you checked out that track yet. when you say that it is a quarter mile track is that a 400m or is it actually quarter of a mile.
Hopefully, even it is a strange distance then it'll have 100metres marked on it.

If your are going to do 100 metres definetly start off with a crouch and drive for the first while.

The weightlifting should definetly help with the faster running. So it'd be interesting to see what you are cabable of and how you improve.

Squats are excellent for running uphill and sprinting. When i used to sprint more i used to do squat pretty often. But with my legs together and on my toes an awful lot! Squatting powerlifting style is quite different but much better for your bum :D

Thanks Skinnywhippet for the race link!
Oak :D
Oak

Postby tylerm » Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:18 pm

Didn't check out the track yet, was going to last night as I went for a jog around 9:30pm, but I didn't feel like jumping the 10 ft or so fence :?

There is a public track (though not nearly as nice) a few miles from me at a community college, I will go check that out this week and give it a go
tylerm

Postby tylerm » Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:44 am

Went for a short jog tonight and went and checked out the track near my house. It looks as if it is a 400m track, and is marked at each 100 meters. I was pretty well warmed up as I had just come from my JKD class and had jogged a little already, and I gave it a go sprinting as fast and hard as I could 100m from a dead stop. I can't remember the last time I sprinted all out, maybe a year ago? In any case, I surprised myself, I felt like I was really cruising. I need to get someone with a stopwatch over there to time me on the 100 and 400m, 2 weekends from now at latest, my dad will be in town and he will come with me I am sure. As long as there isn't snow on the ground by then :?
tylerm

Postby ultra_whippet » Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:42 pm

Not much action on this thread :|

Maybe people prefer running indoors at this time of year, so I thought I'd post some treadmill times....

2K: 7.04
2M: 11:43
5K: 18:59

I'm sure Oak for one can beat those!! :)
ultra_whippet

Postby TriMe » Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:43 pm

I'm in a dance show right now, but it's over friday so I can hit the outdoor track this weekend and put up some times.
TriMe

Postby Mary » Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:32 pm

Oh, the shame. 5K, on the treadmill. 37 minutes. :oops:
Mary

Postby ultra_whippet » Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:00 am

No shame at all, I don't think most people in my gym could run 5k, full stop :D . It's even rarer to see a bodybuilder-type that can run reasonably well, most of them never seem to touch the CV equipment, even to warm up.
ultra_whippet

Next

Return to Vegan Runners