Vegan Cyclists jersey. Who wants one ?

If cycling of any kind, from leisure to endurance, is your passion, this is the forum for you.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Postby fredrikw » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:51 am

great!
--- non-racers. the emptiness of those lives shocks me ---
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby VeganGraham » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:39 pm

Here we go.
I got the design from Endura and after a couple of phone calls to make some minor alterations, this is what we've got.

I went for vertical stripes on the long sleeves to break up the otherwise large plain area of black.

The front and back green bands are 13cm wide with the text 4.2cm high, slightly larger than the 4cm of the original Vegan Runners vest.
The shorts are shown top right. That's just the panels shown. The main body of the shorts is black.

I'm just waiting for a revised copy of the order list now. There were a couple of mistakes on the original. Once I've double checked all the sizes, styles and quantities, I'll go ahead and order it all.
Delivery may be before xmas, although she couldn't promise.
I've paid half already. Even if it's not going to be delivered by xmas, I will pay the rest before the end of December anyway, as there is a VAT increase due in January.
Worcestershire's fastest veteran vegan mountain bike endurance racer with a beard.
Angry Middle Aged Man
VeganGraham

Location: The banks of the River Severn as it meanders through the sun dappled leafy glades of Worcestershire

Postby franarchy » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:24 pm

Can't wait just say when and the cheque's in the christmas post oh! no not the christmas post
freedom's a luxury liberation's a crime
franarchy

Postby HanNZ » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:38 am

Looks good, I hope I have the courage to wear the shorts at various events.
HanNZ

Postby bob_summers » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:39 am

cool, good effort sir.

:?:
preferred payment method for us overseas folk?
"No se deja de pedalear cuando se envejece.
Se envejece cuando se deja de pedalear"
bob_summers

Postby skoptic » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:53 am

Nice work BGW ... really looking forward to wearing it now!!!! :D
skoptic
Facebook Admin

Postby xrodolfox » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:38 am

<== still saving. I really want two. One for wife, one for me.

Job well done!
"The worker has the right to leave his boss, but can she do it? And if she does quit him, is it in order to lead a free life; where she will have no master but herself? No, she leaves to sell herself to another employer. She's driven by the same hunger. Thus the worker's liberty is only a theoretical freedom, lacking any means of realization; an utter falsehood."
-Bakunin
xrodolfox
Site Admin

Postby Alistar » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:32 am

Yeah thanks a lot BGW for organising all this! :)
Alistar

Postby VeganGraham » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:58 pm

I got a parcel. :D

Image Image

That's the best I could do on my own with a ten second timer.
I'll try to get some acxtion shots at the weekend.

I'll sort out paying the balance and getting some envelopes and working out the exact price for everyone now.

Phil's paid cash already when we met up a couple of weeks ago.
I guess posting a cheque is best for everyone else, or maybe bank transfer, I think that's free.
Worcestershire's fastest veteran vegan mountain bike endurance racer with a beard.
Angry Middle Aged Man
VeganGraham

Location: The banks of the River Severn as it meanders through the sun dappled leafy glades of Worcestershire

Postby fredrikw » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:14 pm

wohoo, looks great!

But mailing cheques? From what century did you just arrive? ;)

I'd say paypal is probably what would work best for most people, regardless of where they live. Bank transfers are free if you're in the UK or at many banks in the EU, but far from everywhere.

Anyhow, let me know how much money you want and I'll transfer the money to you asap. But please don't ask me to go to my bank (who visits a bank nowadays?) and pay money for a cheque to snail mail to you, we need to at least pretend we live in a connected society ;)
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby hagard » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:31 pm

Very nice! :D Great work!
hagard

Postby VeganGraham » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:53 pm

I've never sold anything on ebay, but I've heard people who have complain about the Paypal charges, which is why i thought cheques or bank transfer might be a better option.

I've just looked at paypal's site and it looks like transfers in the UK are free, with 2.5% for other currencies plus another 0.5% for non Euro transfers.
Angry Middle Aged Man
VeganGraham

Postby Johnstuff » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:37 pm

Cool :D in time for shitmas too!

BGW
If you wanna pm me your bank details I can do a transfer online or I can use my dad's paypal or do cash next time we're at Malvern. Whatever's easiest. Just let me know how much I owe with postage etc.
"these songs of guidance never stop the violence, we need strong defiance"
Johnstuff

Postby xrodolfox » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:57 pm

Those pics are awesome BGW!!!

Do I contact you to get two pairs?
"The worker has the right to leave his boss, but can she do it? And if she does quit him, is it in order to lead a free life; where she will have no master but herself? No, she leaves to sell herself to another employer. She's driven by the same hunger. Thus the worker's liberty is only a theoretical freedom, lacking any means of realization; an utter falsehood."
-Bakunin
xrodolfox
Site Admin

Postby fredrikw » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:17 pm

3% amounts to about 1GBP per jersey. The cost for a international cheque and postage to UK will definitely be higher than that, and bank transfer will probably be higher as well for many people outside the UK.

As always it's best to get some perspective on things, because people complain for the strangest things :)
fredrikw
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Cycling Forum