free vegan fitness decals

Anything not covered above probably belongs here!

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

free vegan fitness decals

Postby tylerm » Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:20 pm

I have PM'd JP regarding this, and he thinks it is a good idea. I am a sign maker by trade, and run a home based sign company. I have the equipment and capability to produce decals for very little money, just some invested time. I mentioned to JP the idea of making vinyl Vegan Fitness website addresses so people can put them on the back window of their car, or wherever. I can make up a few dozen and send them to JP to distribute among the europeans, and I will distribute ones around to the board members in the US to save on postage. Here is a couple quick fonts I chose for legibility, though if someone lets me know what font was used for the vegan fitness logo in the upper left corner of this site (who designed that logo?), I can match that exactly.

Everyone give me their opinions, I personally like the top one, which is Impact, because it is very readable, even from a distance. I was thinking of making these around 18" wide, though I can make any size, larger or smaller. Maybe I can make a couple different sizes.....
tylerm

Postby kettlebellnut » Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:40 pm

Those are cool. I like the bottom one the most.

What if www and net were black and VeganFitness was red?

www.VeganFitness.net
kettlebellnut

Postby Strix » Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:01 pm

I like the middle one :).
That would be nice to have on a tee!
"The hand that signed the paper felled a city;
Five sovereign fingers taxed the breath,
Doubled the globe of dead and halved a country;
These five kings did a king to death."
-Dylan Thomas
Strix

Postby Mary » Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:28 pm

I like them all, the bottom one best.

Hey Tylerm, how can I put this... If I wasn't already spoken for I would be chatting you up by pm about now. Cute picture! Lovely smile. (I like lovely smiles. Neil has one too...)
Mary

Postby V VII Hero » Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:24 pm

hey tylerm, the last one you have is the best. it is the most legible. its simple, yet effective.
From Texas to Alaska, exploring the world.
V VII Hero

Postby Frostfire » Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:09 pm

I like the first and last one. What color are they going to be? I think white would be best. Black just doesn't look as good on some cars, less visible.
http://www.ChingSanctuary.org
Frostfire

Postby Dave Noisy » Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:56 pm

I like the first and third ones..not crazy about italics. Awesome that you're doing this, thanks!

I'd only be able to make use of smaller ones tho, since it'd go on my bike/bike fender.

Great way to promote the site tho, and maybe even discover some other vegans!
Dave Noisy

Postby fredrikw » Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:10 am

I was just going to say the same thing, a smaller one would be nice for decorating my bikes...

I like the first one best, perhaps even with all small caps (but that's purely out of a personal aesthetic point of view, it might be easier to read if capitalized like the above).
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby tylerm » Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:43 am

Thanks all for the replies..

My thinking was to make these in white. On glass windows, white is by far the most visible, black being almost invisible. I would like to keep these as one color, because it will be much easier to produce a high quantity this way. Also, the way vinyl decals like this are cut, 2 colors would end up being 2 pieces of decal applied seperately. This is not like a square of solid decal with something printed on it, these are individual vinyl lettering that are on a backing paper, with a transfer tape coating on them. You remove the backing, rub the decal in place, and remove the tape coating, viola. Sounds more complicated than it is.

I can make 2 different sizes, the 18" ones that will be ideal for cars and such, and maybe 10" wide ones?

I left it lowercase, just capitalizing the V and F, as this will help distinguish the words, make it a bit easier to read.

I am kind of leaning toward the third one as well, which is MicrogrammaD bold extended. Maybe I can just put a poll in this post, and in a day or two whichever comes out ahead gets it?
tylerm

Postby stateofflux » Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:15 am

Tyler, I used a font called Terminator from acidfonts.com for the VF header. I can send them to you if you want to use that particular font.
stateofflux
Site Admin

Postby JP » Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:23 am

fantastic stuff, and great idea to have them for bikes as well (of course!)!

If someone has access to making some canvas patches, those could be handy as well for some?
JP
Site Admin

Postby tylerm » Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:31 pm

[quote="Rochelle"]Tyler, I used a font called Terminator from acidfonts.com for the VF header. I can send them to you if you want to use that particular font.

Rochelle, I will grab the font online, I use that website sometimes... Figure it will work nicely to keep everything cohesive and use the same typestyle, though I will probably change the 'T' so it isn't split, don't want to confuse people thinking there is 2 T's there.
tylerm

Postby tylerm » Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:32 pm

[quote="JP"]If someone has access to making some canvas patches, those could be handy as well for some?

I got into sign making originally because I used to silkscreen patches and shirts for punk bands in my parent's basement when I was in highschool... Unfortunately, I don't think I have any of my screens or anything anymore...
tylerm

Postby spike » Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:05 pm

I prefer the bottom one
spike

Postby Mary » Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:16 pm

Perhaps there should be a poll at the bottom so people can vote on their favourite one? Though so far it seems most people like the bottom one best.
Mary

Next

Return to General Discussion