Nitro Fusion protein and blender bottle

New vegan products out there? Queries about products, ingredients, vegan supplements?

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Nitro Fusion protein and blender bottle

Postby scaught » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:13 am

1. Nitro fusion protein - http://www.nitrofusion.us/info.html

No dairy, no soy, no animal ingredients. Protein from rice, pea and artichokes. 5 different flavors. 25g per serving. It's new to me, and hell - protein powders probably don't differ all THAT much, but what the hell.

2. Blender bottle - http://www.blenderbottle.com/

New blending device. Sometimes I don't feel like getting the blender out, frozen berries, etc, after a workout. Like tonight. So I make my protein shake in one of these. Soy milk and some protein powder. Shake-a-shake-a-shake. It's got a little wire whisk blender ball inside. Relatively brilliant. There's a bunch suggestions on the site - Gravies! Pancake batter! Salad dressings! Uh, French toast batter!

It cost me $9 and kept me from using my roommates all the time. I like it.
scaught

Postby ^toby^ » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:43 am

hi five! I've a purple blender bottle

it mixes stuff so well....
'Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect Practice makes perfect' - Vince Lombardi
^toby^

Postby wannalift » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:05 am

product looks great until i saw the price. cheapest it sells for would be $14/lb + shipping if you bought 5 lbs of it.
wannalift

Postby aliquis » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:12 am

The webpage only seemed to come in black in opera :D
aliquis

Postby veggieprincess » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:27 am

I think if you keep doing some online searching, you can find it cheaper.

I saw it for $17.97 for a 2 pound container somewhere.

Looks like a quality product. I'm going to try some.
veggieprincess

NF

Postby jdlaw243 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:46 pm

aliquis wrote:The webpage only seemed to come in black in opera :D

It's a flash site (you can download flash for free), kind of a pain but it looks a lot cooler.

Also, if you have any questions about NitroFusion I'm here to answer them and am curious to hear from the people that have tried it. We've been getting a great response from the vegan community.

Jonathan
Dir. of Mkt Arizona Nutritional Sciences
Makers of NitroFrusion
No Dairy - No Soy - No Animal
www.nitrofusion.us
www.azns.us
jdlaw243

Re: NF

Postby aliquis » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:36 am

jdlaw243 wrote:
aliquis wrote:The webpage only seemed to come in black in opera :D

It's a flash site (you can download flash for free), kind of a pain but it looks a lot cooler.

Also, if you have any questions about NitroFusion I'm here to answer them and am curious to hear from the people that have tried it. We've been getting a great response from the vegan community.

Jonathan
Thought I hate flash for sound, waiting for intros to finish, weird menus and layout, inconvenient interfaces and so on I actually do have it installed. I guess I had just ran out of ram then (2GB but flash in OS X and Safari suck.)
aliquis

Postby aliquis » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:54 am

Innovative shaker which do got balls, I guess that require some more cleaning, but so does those grids I never use either :)

Nice protein blend, what are the price? To bad it would be so expensive to get to europe, and since Stevia isn't allowed as food afaik I guess it may be hard to sell it. Retarded since it's probably not worse than the other sweeteners (except sugars then of course) but that's how it is.

I'd like to taste it, would be sweet with something you don't need to add lots of other stuff to if you want it to be drinkable :)
aliquis

Postby jdlaw243 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:32 pm

NitroFusion prices vary but our SRP is $32.99, which essentially means the average prices is anywhere between $19.99 to $28.99. Didn't know about Stevia being outlawed in Sweden, I'll have to look into that. If that's the case we'll just have to tweak the formula, but that's not my department. NitroFusion actually tastes really good even in just water, but we knew that we had to make something that tasted great and had a much smoother texture that other vege proteins because this is also a sports product and most of those guys are used to whey, with all the dairy, aritificial flavors, and sweeteners.

Jonathan
Dir. of Mkt Arizona Nutritional Sciences
Makers of NitroFrusion
No Dairy - No Soy - No Animal
www.nitrofusion.us
www.azns.us
jdlaw243

Postby ghost » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:27 am

well this sounds good, but why supress the triglyceride synthesis? I know it's fat but don't we get nutrition like Alpha linolec acid?
ghost

Postby aliquis » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:34 pm

jdlaw243 wrote:NitroFusion prices vary but our SRP is $32.99, which essentially means the average prices is anywhere between $19.99 to $28.99. Didn't know about Stevia being outlawed in Sweden, I'll have to look into that. If that's the case we'll just have to tweak the formula, but that's not my department. NitroFusion actually tastes really good even in just water, but we knew that we had to make something that tasted great and had a much smoother texture that other vege proteins because this is also a sports product and most of those guys are used to whey, with all the dairy, aritificial flavors, and sweeteners.

Jonathan
It's not outlawed, it's not just "inlawed."
Stevia isn't considered a food anywhere within EU afaik.

Some companies goes around that selling it for other purposes (like scientific, or whatever ;D)

Personally I'd probably rather take stevia than all of aspartame, acesulfame potassium or sucralose/splenda.
aliquis

Postby osric » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:44 pm

jdlaw243 wrote:NitroFusion actually tastes really good even in just water, but we knew that we had to make something that tasted great and had a much smoother texture that other vege proteins because this is also a sports product and most of those guys are used to whey, with all the dairy, aritificial flavors, and sweeteners.

Saying this stuff tastes "really good" is a big stretch.

It's not disgusting, but it's not something I would choose over a whole food. It's drinkable in soy milk or almond milk, but I'd say it's an acquired taste. (It reminds me of the nasty Myoplex shakes I used to drink years ago.) The texture is certainly smoother than something like Vega, so it's easier to choke down in a shake.

I was surprised it isn't fortified with vitamins and minerals, or at least B-12. What's up with that?
"Persistence is your greatest weapon." - Quentin Crisp
osric

Postby veggieprincess » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:20 pm

osric wrote:
jdlaw243 wrote:NitroFusion actually tastes really good even in just water, but we knew that we had to make something that tasted great and had a much smoother texture that other vege proteins because this is also a sports product and most of those guys are used to whey, with all the dairy, aritificial flavors, and sweeteners.

Saying this stuff tastes "really good" is a big stretch.

It's not disgusting, but it's not something I would choose over a whole food. It's drinkable in soy milk or almond milk, but I'd say it's an acquired taste. (It reminds me of the nasty Myoplex shakes I used to drink years ago.) The texture is certainly smoother than something like Vega, so it's easier to choke down in a shake.

I was surprised it isn't fortified with vitamins and minerals, or at least B-12. What's up with that?

It's a sport supplement that happens to be Vegan, so I don't know why you'd expect something like B12 to be fortefied into it.

Nitrofusion is a sports supplement company trying very hard to put out a quality product with quality ingredients and they work hard at reaching out to Vegan and Organic athletes and are always looking for ways to make there product better.

I do agree with you that its an acquired taste, but they're working on that too.

It's a regular part of my supplement program ;-)
veggieprincess

Postby sport » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:35 am

The Mocha tastes really good to me. I get it for $35 in Canada.
sport

Postby ghost » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:07 pm

I tried the new formula and I have to say I don't like it as much as the old one. At least the vanilla flavour. It reminds me of olympian labs pea protein powder and that one I cannot stand. Did you up the pea protein or something? It doesn't digest well for me and I hate the taste...
ghost

Next

Return to Vegan Products and Supplements