Beta Alanine/Carnosine...vegan?

New vegan products out there? Queries about products, ingredients, vegan supplements?

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Beta Alanine/Carnosine...vegan?

Postby XStandUpOrDieX » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:48 pm

Cause the names make them sound not vegan. I'm having trouble finding much information on the sources of it online. Anyone know if it's vegan? Are there any specific brands that are/aren't vegan? If there are specific ones that are vegan, what are they, where can I get them, etc. Thanks in advance!
XStandUpOrDieX

Postby ultra_whippet » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:52 pm

www.myprotein.co.uk lists Beta Alanine as vegan. Not sure about Carnosine though
ultra_whippet

Postby XStandUpOrDieX » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:16 pm

Thanks for the reply ultra-whippet. I contacted the company, Primaforce about their Beta Alanine product, and they eventually wrote back, saying that it is a completely synthetic product. Good news! Just thought I'd update my own thread in case someone in the future has similar questions.
XStandUpOrDieX

Postby aliquis » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:10 am

[quote="ultra_whippet"]www.myprotein.co.uk lists Beta Alanine as vegan. Not sure about Carnosine though
Carnosine are just an amino acid which can be made from beta-alanine, or something like that. So it's probably vegan aswell, but I guess that beta-alanine are better to consume for some reason, maybe because it reaches the cells first and become carnosine there instead of being metabolised in the liver or something like that.
aliquis

Postby aliquis » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:12 am

[quote="XStandUpOrDieX"]Thanks for the reply ultra-whippet. I contacted the company, Primaforce about their Beta Alanine product, and they eventually wrote back, saying that it is a completely synthetic product. Good news! Just thought I'd update my own thread in case someone in the future has similar questions.
I just bought Primaforce Nitrocharge, Citrulline Malate but then FX BETA instead of their beta-alanine thought the price was the same / 100 gram so.. But I'd rather support the company behind FX ;D. Better spend the money in Sweden so to speak! ;D

I don't know how good the other products are but beta-alanine are cheeeeap. I've been doing crappy workouts for 2 years but last ones have been very nice, if it's because the arginine+citrulline+alanine stack or not I don't know ;D
aliquis

Postby selfishself » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:34 am

I have been a Vegan for three years now and the only supplement that allows me to keep my workout intensity as high as possible ( I am a fitness model) is Beta-Alanine

I learned quite a bit about Beta-Alanine watching videos here:

http://www.myonlinesupplements.com/Videos/Beta-Alanine.php

IntraXCell is th best in my opinion!

-Dylan
Beta-Alanine is my Vegan Fire!
selfishself

Postby aliquis » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:35 pm

I doubt it does much for weight-lifting though? Probably better for cardio, but yeah, kind of all amino acids seem to be vegan, the only exception I've found so far is cysteine (part of NAC) which in china was made from hydrolised hair, bristles or feathers.
aliquis

Re: Beta Alanine/Carnosine...vegan?

Postby OwenHolly » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:33 pm

I agree Beta-Alanine is my favourite supplement too. Definitely give it a try if you're a vegan.

If you have time then you should look at this Phen375 review as I heard it has beta-alanine in it too.
OwenHolly

Return to Vegan Products and Supplements