what was the last gig you saw?

Music, movies, literature, art, poems...

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

what was the last gig you saw?

Postby JP » Mon May 15, 2006 9:23 am

Hey, lets get this ball rolling :D

Last night i went to see Endstand - old school finnish hardcore, great guys, immense energy! And it was nice to talk finnish again (i do it so rarely :( )

they are on tour at the moment, any hardcore fans, check them out:
http://www.fireinsidemusic.com/endstand/shows.htm
Last edited by JP on Mon May 15, 2006 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
JP
Site Admin

Postby runner » Mon May 15, 2006 9:38 am

I have cd's from enstand. Got one from a finish friend and on from sinterklaas :)

My last show was Path of Resistance

not a bad show at all
support this wonderfull organisation:
http://www.towerhillstables.com
runner

Postby bronco » Mon May 15, 2006 9:48 am

I went to see Brant Bjork and the boogie brothers a week or so ago. A bit too, uhm, I dont know, not really psychadelic but... a bit too laidback maybe? But for some reason it was still really enjoyable :) . Allthough I got a bit pissed off when I realizes the buzzcocks had played at the same place the night before without me knowing. Not that I think they can be very good these days, but could still have been fun :D .
JP wrote:Spirulina is a badass crew, and they often just hang around in street corners looking to beat up proteins.

They oftenget confused by the fact that they are almost half protein themselves.
bronco
Site Admin

Postby Tarz » Mon May 15, 2006 10:05 am

Never been to one - never intend to either. :wink:
Tarz

Postby bronco » Mon May 15, 2006 11:23 am

Tarz wrote:Never been to one - never intend to either. :wink:

You're crazy, but still : respect :D !
JP wrote:Spirulina is a badass crew, and they often just hang around in street corners looking to beat up proteins.

They oftenget confused by the fact that they are almost half protein themselves.
bronco
Site Admin

Postby albin » Mon May 15, 2006 1:16 pm

I saw Bolt Thrower a month ago. Nice with some old school death metal. The concert was good even though I haven't bought any of their albums for ages. But they sound exactly the same as they did 10-15 years ago so no disappointment.
albin

last gig...

Postby daf » Mon May 15, 2006 2:16 pm

i saw pama international, at dublin castle 2 weeks ago, sort of ska/soul stuff. now, they weren't bad but they were supported by 'imperial leisure', a mixed bag of dudes united by their love of cricket-styled clothing. don't ask me. they played a dead-fast mix of punk, ska and hip hop. mental! i can recommend...
---
I need a remedy of diesel and dust, something I can taste with a fix I can trust.
daf

Postby tobias » Mon May 15, 2006 2:24 pm

i saw cult of luna last night, 2nd last show on a month long tour and it was absolutley amazing. what a band... it'll will stay with me for a long time.
When people see us doing this, they think it's brutal - but they don't realize what it does to our spirit. / Helio Gracie
tobias

Postby littlegirlbunny » Mon May 15, 2006 6:55 pm

Dresden Dolls at the Carling Academy - Birmingham

Wasn't going to go but got forced to by a friend with a free ticket, and hell, I am so glad i did - they were brilliant. As were their slightly bizzare support act Devotchca. The crowd were mostly fans, which always creates a better atmosphere, and the venue was pretty small (it was the upstairs room, rather than the main stage) - these facts, along with the band randomly mingling with the crowd made it a pretty personal gig. Very emotional, even though I dont know all their stuff.

Either that, or it could have just seemed totally surreal because I was at that point of total exhaustion from lack of sleep! Maybe it was all a dream actually. :lol:
"life with littlegirlbunny is never dull"
littlegirlbunny

Postby Malcolms Billy » Mon May 15, 2006 7:29 pm

Billy Idol still! You can tell I don't go out much.... :wink:
Was a TOP gig tho, totally recommend the guy! 8) :D
Malcolms Billy

Postby Helga » Mon May 15, 2006 9:03 pm

Last gig was The Wedding Present - I accompanied my brother who did not find someone else to go with him. I had unexpected fun, since the warming-up was done by Confuse the Cat - a cool Belgian band. Here you can listen to their present single - which I like a lot !http://www.confusethecat.be/

The Wedding Present was also not bad - altough it's not really my cup of tea ;)
Helga

Postby Tarz » Tue May 16, 2006 1:50 pm

bronco wrote:
Tarz wrote:Never been to one - never intend to either. :wink:

You're crazy, but still : respect :D !

Well, there was a few bands playing at my university graduation ball, and I kinda wandered in for a few minutes when Space were playing ( I have a fondness for all things Scouse ), but I don't count that as a proper gig. :wink:
Tarz

Postby RAZ » Tue May 16, 2006 2:17 pm

I've seen lots of local stuff, but no big acts in nearly a year.

The last international act I saw was Paul McCartney last year. That was pretty cool (especially for a man over 60 years old)!
"Drink some concrete and harden up"
RAZ

Postby andyO » Tue May 16, 2006 3:53 pm

Lots of small local gigs in wee venues - Delicate Hammers were a lot of fun!

Last 'big' gig I was at was Ian Brown at the MEN in Manchester. Lots of atmosphere there and almost more fun watching the crowd than the gig. :)
andyO

Postby littlegirlbunny » Wed May 24, 2006 11:58 pm

Oh my - have just got back from funeral for a friend at the bristol carling academy.

It was totally amazing, the best gig ever. Ok, so the supports wern't necessarily my thing (some dodgy band who I have never heard of and fightstar (teentastic)) but FFAF were totally amazing. For so many reasons - they are always so tight on stage, they know how to get the best out of the crowd, matt's comments are always good (i usually hate it when bands talk to the crowd), they dont bother pissing around with encores and rather just stay and play straight through, lead singer crowd surfing was pretty cool, the moshpit was totally violent (and I luckily got to watch it all from above as some kind tall bloke let me stand in front of him on the balcony).

But of course, the most important thing was the music - of particular note were recovery, the end of nothing, juneau (of course) and actually - everything they played. It was all spot on fantastic.

Both myself and the guy I went with were pretty much in shock by the end (ok, so I guess we are both pretty big fans) and all emotional! :lol: :lol: (maybe I take music far too seriously....)
"life with littlegirlbunny is never dull"
littlegirlbunny

Next

Return to Culture