Glad to be here

Please introduce yourself here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Glad to be here

Postby kettlebellnut » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:32 am

Hello everyone. My name is Billy. I am a transplanted southerner (Atlanta, Georiga, USA) living in Snohomish, WA. I've been eating a Vegan Diet since December of 03 and exercising religiously since January.

Thanks to the Vegan way of eating and dedicated exercise I have gone from 294lbs. to 226lbs. (133kg to 102kg) as of 6/18/04. My cholesterol has droped from 240 to 172.

I lift 3x a week and do cardio 3 or 4x per week. My body is still in recovery from 8 years of abuse and neglect. I am cutting fat and adding muscle, but the journey has only just begun.

After lurking for a few months, I've decided to join this forum. I look forward to getting to know you and sharing and learning from this group.

Peace and Harmony to All.
kettlebellnut

Postby Malcolms Billy » Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:19 am

Hey Billy!

Welcome to the board and congrats on your achievements so far! :D That's well impressive, keep it up!

See you round,

the other Billy :wink:

PS Billy's a great name, innit!?
Malcolms Billy

Postby Mary » Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:19 am

Hi there Other Billy!

Maybe we should call Malcolm's Billy "Billy the First" or "Billy Woman" or "Queen Billy" or something - what do you think B1?
:lol:
Well done on making such a positive decision to go vegan - I am glad that you have the discipline to excercise too. Just think how much of an impact you will have when your friends see the transformation! Maybe when you feel up to it you can post before and after photos. Because you have further to travel health wise than a lot of people your gains so far are even more impressive. Keep it up! It is great to hear success stories. And great to have you here.
Mary

Postby Mary » Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:59 am

Just read your profile. How many kids do you have, and how old? My wee fellah is eight, and the light of my life, apple of me eye - you know the feeling!
Mary

Postby kettlebellnut » Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:22 pm

I'm quite fond of the name. I've been a Billy since I was little. Now that I am in my 30's, my wife thinks I should switch to William. That just feels so formal to me. Billy it is.

I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter named Anna. She is an amazing little girl with a brilliant imagination and high energy (that's a nice way of saying wild-child). She is the #1 reason I stay on my program. I know that she looks to me as her role model and I have to set the best example I can.

Thanks for the warm welcome.
kettlebellnut

Postby Strix » Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:27 pm

Aww, how sweet :). Welcome! I think it's awesome for you to want to show your child a good example -- geez, I wish my parents had exposed me to veganism, by example or otherwise, when I was a child.

I like William, actually!
Nice to meet you, Vegmason...err, Billy!
"The hand that signed the paper felled a city;
Five sovereign fingers taxed the breath,
Doubled the globe of dead and halved a country;
These five kings did a king to death."
-Dylan Thomas
Strix

Postby barbara » Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:28 pm

Hi Billy!

I just joined too but still think it is okay for me to say Welcome!!!

I think it is fantastic how you are sticking to your new program! Way to go Billy!!!!
barbara

Postby Malcolms Billy » Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:07 pm

Hiya again!

Don't wanna hijack your thread, but hey, Mary, I think Malcolm's Billy is cool. I'm not the first, and surely won't the the last Billy, Billy Woman gives me imaginations of a woman I do not resemble in the slightest, and Queen Billy?? Too much of an honour for a simple soul like me. Might have a big gob every now and then, but not nearly enuff addetude for a name like that. Malcolm's Billy, on the other hand, I am - and ever so happily so :D :D :D Oh, for you newbies, Malcolm is the extremely handsome man in the picture to the left of this message. He's my babe, light of my life, apple of my eye, cream on me strawberries etc etc etc. I'm madly in love with him, and he happens to be an indoor vegan. Can't always prevent him from scoffing leftover burgers out on the park, see.

Okay, hijacked enuff, nevermind me!

See ya,
Malcolm's Billy :D [/i]
Malcolms Billy

Postby Kristi » Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:50 pm

Welcome from me too (even though, like Barbara, I'm new)!!! Congratulations on your achievements! I look forward to seeing, err reading... you around! :D

-Kristi
"Don't cry because it's over - smile because it happened. " - unknown
Kristi

Return to New member introductions