chloes warm up

A place for vegan athletes from all levels and sports to keep their training journals.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Postby chloe » Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:02 am

wednesday-11k. 53.22.96 pulse E=146.A2=116
thursday-day off
friday-13ks-1hr6.50.53. pulse=162 A2=111
saturday-day off,, walked round leipzig all day, sprinted for acouple of trains.
Sunday.....long run
chloe

Postby runner » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:54 pm

hi Chloe,

Berlin marathon can be pretty fast. In the netherlands the 2 big marathons are Amsterdam and rotterdam. they are in oktober and april. around the same times as yours. I will do a marathon, but wait some years and will focus at the 10k and track season. I'm looking forward to the track season.

sorry some questions you can also leave some if you don't like to answer all.

will you run in a vegan runners vest?

how many km a week do you run at the moment? How long are your long runs?

What kind of shoes do you use for a marathon? light model?

have some good meters ;)
support this wonderfull organisation:
http://www.towerhillstables.com
runner

Postby chloe » Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:39 pm

Hey runner, no i like visitors please come on by.
I want to do the Amsterdam marathon because i heard its pretty!
And ive heard the berlin is a good easy course, so lots of people get their best times there!
Yeah i deffinately run in a vegan vest, but just one of my own that ive made. Its annoying because last year one of the sponsers was a milk company!!!!!
But you're not allowed to cover up the sponsership!!
which i think is a bit crap,...
At the moment im doing between 60-70ks a week.I always do extra per run because in this weather im much slower than normal, so i like to give a little extra push!And my long runs hover around 30-33ks, with the longest i'll do before in training being 36-7ks.
And at the moment i just use my good old hardy everyday shoes. But i would like to invest in a specific race pair!
I actually prefer longer distances, but ten ks is also good, im too short to be good at the shorter distances though, ive got more stamina than speed!!

Sunday-33ks-3hrs,1.57.22
pulse E=158
A2=125
20x abs,obs,leglifts,15x ladies pressups.
lots of good stretching, really needed it today.!

Breaky-muesli,dried fruit,1Tground flaxseeds,1t ground hempseeds,maple syrup+applejuice to sweeten. espresso.
pre-run snack-2rye toast with almond butter and chocolate flakes (warmed!!)
post run snack-1/2 glass apple juice, 1/2 glass beetroot juice,
Dinner-spinach fettucini with sliced toms,red capsicum,rocket,toasted cashews+slivered almonds,garlic,hemp oil, salt+pepper.
dessert-4xchoclate chip bisuits.
chloe

Postby runner » Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:01 pm

dresden marathon is in october as well.. ??

what is your calender? and how many marathons do you run (2 a year?)

What do you eat before a race or long training? and how much time do you take before your race to eat and drink?

i also have an other vegan runners shirt the one on my atlete profile (is printed in a store in 2000 this was a birthday present)

but the green uk veganrunners vests are nice as well i think.

It's nice to see more and more vegan runners!!

do you eat diferent when a marathon is comming up?
runner

Postby chloe » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:44 pm

HEY, ive only done one marathon so far, but i think 2 a year is going to be a good number. One in the spring, and one in Autumn.
At the moment i eat muesli before my run, what i eat mostly everymorning,..but last marathon i just had a couple of pieces of jam on rye toast and that seemed to be fine aswell,. I eat about 2 hours before i run, and i take dried apricots in my pocket aswell.
And as for eating differently when a marathon is coming up, well im trying at the moment to slowly increase my carbs, i try not to eat toooo many carbs unless im training pretty hard, with my body type they go straight to fat, i seem to be able to run on next to nothing.(the smell of an oily rag-- something my mother always used to say!!LoL).
Yeah id like to get a new vegan shirt. I like the green and black! nice colours.
Deffinately need something that stands out eh!

Monday-day off running.
walked 3 hours with Olive in what may be the first signs of spring AT LAST!!
hooooooooray.

Breakfast-2t flaxseed oil, 2xrye toast with tahini,veganaise,tofu ricotta and tomato slices. my espresso.
snack-3 chocolate biscuits,1xkiwifruit,1/2 glass beetroot juice.
Lunch-1 spelt roll with tofu slices
3 chocolate bisuits
Dinner-maranated seiten, celery,capsicum,onion,bok choi sushi, feldsalat+tomato+corn salad. with mustard,maplesyrup,vinegar,lemon juice+ hemp oil dressing.
chloe

Postby chloe » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:32 pm

oh this spring kick is just making my whole life! warm as warm could be today,...well plus 2 anyway. The snows begining to defrost, the ground is fading back into brown and green.! Heaven,
Olive and I walked for about an hour today, slowly along the Elbe.

Ran 11ks-1hour.12.02.
The forest was a bit crazy, all slush that had my feet slipping away on every step. BUt made me use my upper body more i geuss.
Pulse-E=162
A2=115

Breaky, muesli,dried fruit, 2t flax oil, 1T ground flaxseeds 1T ground hemp seeds, milk, espresso.
Snack-sliced toasted dinkle roll with seiten slices+veganaise.
Lunch-tortilla crisps* and humous. hot chocolate.
post run snack-1/2 glass apple juice.
Dinner-felafel doner from takeaways, with onion, reb cabbage,lettuce, tomato and tomato sauce.* Always so dry,and not even that tasty, but the only thing out there for takeaways!
Dessert-marzipan chocolate bar*

*=not organic. Had quite a few non organics today. One of those days. Eat too much crap when not at home!
chloe

Postby chloe » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:41 am

Wednesday<.
had a day off running today, just cos i felt like it, which was a bit lazy, this new spring thing thats happening is making me all docile, i think my frozen body is slowly defrosting and becoming relaxed, rather than the tense spring i was walking round as before. So lazed in the sun instead of running,.
dear oh dear. Especially bad considering as of today it is one month until my marathon. MAn time flies, i feel like i was just wishing the winter away and not using the time properly , now im having a sudden crisis of confidence, have a done enough up until this point?? So no more deviations from the schedule then.
chloe

Postby chloe » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:27 am

phew, im back, ive been away in the sächsische sweiz, the sachsen switzerland. A friend rented a cabin there and had a going away party for the week, hes heading off to the states.
Was fun, ate way to much,...most of my friends are vegetarians and they specifically catered everything vegan for us. And drank a little too much aswell, and sat around a little too much playing games and the like. But im back now. Have to catch up with my running which got left at home in the city.
Olive had so much fun, there were 4 other dogs there aswell, and they raced around the whole time, we got back yesterday and Olive has slept for about 24 hours straight, we had to wake her up for dinner! She usually never lets us miss her dinnertime.
Spring is here, which is heaven, i can strip a layer of my running gear, off with the jacket!
Less than a month to my next marathon, which i feel so unprepared for,. And i woke up the other morning, hungover,...and thought i might take up triathlons next, i had all that alcohol sugar in my blood and the thought of swimming and cycling and running,...it was soo appealing.
And ive found another marathon i want to do, its only a month after the april one, but its a run into poland and back, which i thought could be fun.
And could i do a marathon so soon after the last one?? Im thinking yeah sure why not,... but maybe im crazy.
i just though whats the difference between going for 37ks as a training run three weeks before running a marathon, and running marathon 4 weeks before another one, and im not overly worried about the time or anything.
I dunno, we'll see.
MAybe because i havent exercise in three days (maybe four..?) im feeling a little excited about exercise, and a little over ambitious.
Ha, so now off to walk with Olive in the thin early spring sun.!
chloe

Postby chloe » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:50 pm

2hours walk with Olive,..IN THE SUN!!!
10k run-49.33.49
pulse.-E=164
A2=121
20xabs,obs,leg lifts,15x ladies pressups.

Breaky-rioboos tea,2xtflaxseed oil,2x rye toast with avocado, tomato +artichokes
snack-hotchocolate,1xpear
lunch-white roll,sliced+toasted with mashed spud(hemp oil, soymilk,chopped parsley+chives,veganaise)
snack-1/2 glass apple juice
Dinner-brocolli,bok choi soup with ground brazil nuts,pumpkin seeds,slivered almonds,onion,garlic and celery leaves. salad with,cress,radish,celery,cherry toms,with yoghurt dressing,hemp oil,parsley+chives.
dessert-vanilla icecream(tofutti) with chocolate shavings.
chloe

Postby bronco » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:03 pm

chloe wrote:2hours walk with Olive,..IN THE SUN!!!

Nice :D. We had lovely sun here in austria also today, I was even able to sunbath in only shorts :shock: :D .
JP wrote:Spirulina is a badass crew, and they often just hang around in street corners looking to beat up proteins.

They oftenget confused by the fact that they are almost half protein themselves.
bronco
Site Admin

Postby chloe » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:39 pm

haha sunbathing in shorts, our suns not THAT good yet,...
and actually its been raining and cloudy ever since, BUT even the rain is really nice, i went for a run yesterday in the rain, wind, mud and dark, ....and it was great!

Yesterday-2hours Olive walk,over hill and dale in the forest, she always loves when we clambour off the path and into the wilds.
8ks-39.35.40
pulse-E=155
A2=121
20xabs,obs,leglifts,15x ladies pressups

breaky-2xt flaxoil, muesli,dried fruit,1/2 a pear,milk espresso
snack-marzipan chocolate*
lunch-buckwheat,bok choi,carrot,onion soup.
snack-1/2 glass apple juice,2 kiwis, small bunch of grapes.*
Dinner-takeaway felafel donner,red cabbage,tomato,onion,lettuce,chili sauce.*

Today-hour cycle with Olive, checked out the flooded Elbe, Olive kept stepping into , i think confused as to where her usually grassy running ground had gone. She went for a little swim with a Vizla, her first swim of the season!
11ks-52.26.14 fast on the nicely defrosted brown ground!
pulse E= 155
A2= 116
20x abs,obs,leg lifts, 15x ladies pressups

Breaky-sunflower seed roll*,hash browns*,seiten slices.
Lunch-yoghurt,sliced 1/2 a pear,dried apricots+figs,sliced kiwis,2txhemp oil, 2Tmaple syrup.
snack-1/2 glass apple juice,1/2 pear
dinner-roasted,aubergine,spuds,courgette,carrot,onion, chopped parsley,chives,basil,cherry toms, celery+ spinach, through quinoa with crumbled lemon/garlic herbed tofu.
dessert-silkentofu,maplesyrup,melted chocolate pudding, with chocolate coated(left over melted choc..) apricots and slivered almonds.

*=not organic.
chloe

Postby chloe » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:26 pm

wow have to keep exercising or else this log slips right off the page.
cant remember my last posts, and cant remember my times and things in between,...except...

1hour cycle with Olive(who i havent yet told im going to take hitching to spain)
Tuesday-fast 8ks-37.46.76
pulse-E=165
A2= 108

the usual stomach crunches,leg lifts and obliques stuff which is just for a little cool down really,.makes me feel nicely rounded off.
spent the weekend drinking again, why oh why. Ive totally fallen off my wagon. Im thinking of hitching to spain. Its less than 2 or 3 weeks until my marathon and i feel completely unready, ive totally fallen off my training schedule. Theres too much going on in surrounding life at the moment.
terrible terrible terrible.!

foods-
breaky-baguette* with pesto,streich and cherry toms.espresso,2xt flax oil.
lunch-more baguettes with crisps* (oh dear oh dear..)
snack-1/2 glass apple juice, 1 pear.
Dinner-cubed tofu,roasted shrooms,chopped spinach, toms, 1 shredded nori sheet,red capsicum,ginger,lemon juice and tamari dressing.
dessert-chocolate covered apricots.

better luck tommorrow i reakon.
chloe

Postby chloe » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:52 pm

oooh i dont want to talk about it, my logs are getting further and further apart, ive fallen right off track, running when i feel like it, have missed my last two longs runs, have two weeks, maybe less til my next marathon and am getting less and less prepared rather than more,..bad bad bad.
too much other crazy stuff going on. Life turned upside down and other excuses. But i will run it of course, and hope for the best and try to knuckle down for my other run, the Berlin in september.
did a 8ks today, in the evening but it was still so warm,.
39.16.66, the conditions are just perfect for running at the moment, its so stupid that i struggled all through the winter and then drop off now when i have my dream conditions.!
Now im thinking of hiking the jakobsweg, 800ks across the top of spain.
Have to find out if its ok to wild camp though, and that my dog wont get attacked by local spanish ferrals.!
6weeks hiking in the spring would be heaven !
chloe

Postby chloe » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:48 pm

wow i had a marathon anxiety dream last night, i dreamt i got lost on the course and was sprinting all over the place trying to find my way back,..serves me right with the way ive been(not) training.

Walked to the organic shop with Olive, along the river, about two hours.(with a nice heavy pack on the way back)
11ks today-52.20.95.
pulse-E=161
A2=117
2x20 abs,obs,leg lifts.

Its so much warmer and i really feel it, but im can go sooo much faster now that the conditions are good, my pace from the start is so much quicker, i find ive shaved off two minutes in the first 4ks.When i do actually get out there i love it.

Breaky-roiboos tea,2xflaxseed oil,white roll* with margerine,boiled potato with garlic,hemp oil,salt, espresso. very strange breakfast!
snack-small bunch deeelicious seedless red grapes
lunch-roast mushrooms,left over boiled potato, greenbeans,ground pumpkin and sunflower seeds,garlic,hemp oil,salt+pepper.
snack-1/4 glass apple juice,1/4 glass red grape juice
dinner-steamed green beans,raw brocolli,rocket, toasted pumpkin seeds+slivered almonds, herb pesto mixed thru. 3x mini pies with, cashews,mushrooms,tofu,spinach,brocolli,kidney beans in a tomato sauce.
dessert-50gms peppermint chocolate.

*=not organic
chloe

Postby runner » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:50 pm

do you feel ready?

counting back the days?

treat yourself good before and after the race!!

good luck!!!
runner

PreviousNext

Return to Training Logs