chloes warm up

A place for vegan athletes from all levels and sports to keep their training journals.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

chloes warm up

Postby chloe » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:14 pm

This is a trial run, a warm up, testing da waters.
dont really feel like i ever do enough to constitute a 'log'
but have browsed the afternoon away in ten miles of other peoples logs, and its interesting to see what other people are up to, especially on the food front, which to be honest is pretty much my main enthusiasm in life.
so today, seen as i didnt do any exercise at all, and i sat at this computer (newly installed in case anyone (anyone at alll???!!) has noticed my increased participation)all day researching vanilla pods (fantastic stuff, they really are amazing, how the hell did they máke the leap from a green tasteless inedible pod on an orchid, through the complicated drying curing heating sweating process to end up with one of the worlds most fabulous spices! amazing, if it had of been left to me, the worlds oldest icecream flavour would be 'munched grass flavour'.
so tommorrow-long run day, i will begin in ernst.
Today i ate three chocolate muffins(with chocchips).
They werent all of course, but they was the best.
chloe

Postby chloe » Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:35 pm

Long Run Friday;
did just over thirty k's today in about three hours, actually have misplaced my watch which is a real bugger, but did some interwoven loops i know well so figured out my distance from that,. New Watch on its way. The weather a little better,still slows me down though my newly screwed (hehe) shoes are working magic, no more falls (yet)
Did some really good hills in there today aswell, up up up. I love hills, they really push me, and that rubs off on the overall run

Breakfast: roiboos tea,followed by the breakfast from hell actually,
2 1/2 slices rye bread "fronch" toasted a la Vegan with a vengence cook book, some halved fried mushrooms DRencheD in maple syrup, wont be repeating that actually was too full on, might stick with meusli in the future. made me thirsty, and too over sugared.
POst run: 3 clementines and 1/2 glass apple juice
dinner: strip sliced roasted, caspsicum (red+yellow), potatoes, carrots, courgettes,halved mushrooms,chopped parsley,quarted little onions, ground hemp,flax and pumpkin seeds mixed through quinoa with crumbled herbed garlicy tofu on top.
half a bar of orange peel chocolate,(40gms)
lotsa water and another cup of tea!
chloe

Postby ultra_whippet » Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:51 pm

chloe wrote:Long Run Friday;
did just over thirty k's today in about three hours,

That really is a long run :shock: Do you run that sort of distance regularly?
ultra_whippet

Postby chloe » Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:09 pm

hey yahh a visitor, yep every friday. Long run friday!
I really look forward to it, its my clean slate day.
then during the week its a couple 10-12ks, one 13-15ks an 8k and two days off.

Day off running, went for about 8ks toddle walk round the forest with the dog. A bit of hearty stick throwing.
swam35 lengths in the 50meters pool, wasnt too crowded today so had a bit of room to move, still really building up my swimming fitness, cant quite swim them continuously. Need my pauses!

breaky;tea,muesli-mixed amarynth and oats, chopped dried fig and apricot,ground hemp,flax and pumpkin seeds, soyamilk, an espresso

snack: half a rye bread,tempeh bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwhich, with veganaise and herb pesto,

Lunch:other half of sandwhich, coupla figs and apricots and brazil nuts.chocolate muffin,2 clementines.

dinner: spinach plus herb pesto mixed through quinoa with parsley,red/yellow capsicum,tomato,feld salat,toasted cashews and slivered almonds,crumbled garlic lemon-juicey tofu and-stale bread roll i found in the cupboard-croutons.*

hot chocolate with carob and soy cream...mmmmm.

*= NOT organic.
chloe

Postby chloe » Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:53 pm

yah dee da, today;
Exercise:
8Ks walk in the forest with the dog (the dog?Olive, as she will hence forth be known,..)
11.5ks run, at good speed, felt really strong and agile today, started out at a good pace and kept it up, finished with a nice 1/2 k or so sprint home.Including a little hill which is a nice stretch at the finishing end of a run.
some stomach crunches and oblique's stretching, dont usually do these things but felt inspired to add something new to the day. My top half and my bottom half are all fit and toned and then i have a real couch potato middle!
House work (does that count), some nice sweeping and mopping and scrubbing, really turns into exercise once i get going!

Eats:
teaspoon flaxseed oil,roibos tea
Breaky, muesli-amarynth/oats mix,ground flaxseeds soyamilk and an espresso.
snack1; 2clementines 1kiwifruit
Lunch;feld-salat,corn,parsley,capsicum,toasted pumpkin and sunflower seeds,shredded nori,roasted mushrooms- Salad, 1 rye toast with tahini and almond butter.
snack2;an espresso* and 50gms marzipan chocolate bar*-one of the only mainstream vegan chocolate bars available (specially on a sunday!)
Dinner;pumpkin,tomato,onion,spinach,garlic,ginger curry,with cashews and slivered almonds, 1slice rye toast with tahini.
ONE CHOCOLATE MUFFIN!!-indeed i cant stop making these things and then offloading them on people before i eat them all, muffins for me are more in the making than the eating! Its a problem.
chloe

Postby runner » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:25 am

Long Run Friday;
did just over thirty k's today in about three hours, actually have misplaced my watch which is a real bugger, but did some interwoven loops i know well so figured out my distance from that,. New Watch on its way. The weather a little better,still slows me down though my newly screwed (hehe) shoes are working magic, no more falls (yet)

as sw wrote 30k is pretty long. Are you in training for a special race?

what watch and shoes do you use?
support this wonderfull organisation:
http://www.towerhillstables.com
runner

Postby chloe » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:12 pm

hey runner, yeah i want to do the Leipzig marathon in april, and then the Berlin in September, the Leipzig one for time-improvement and the Berlin for fun-and for staying in shape like i didnt! last summer.
At the moment ive got three pairs of Asics, that i rotate, though theyre all pretty old, might need new ones soon.
My watch was a timex, pretty simple, one of the first things i brought when i took up running, and has done god knows how many miles with me now. The one on its way, i have no idea, the first one i saw on ebay that was cheap, its just a tide-over anyway, my old one is only 'misplaced'! (she says.)
What shoes do you use? Always the same brand? I think i might go for something else the next pair i buy.
Did a half loop dog walk, about 5ks, (briskly cos ive got a good book)
Todays run, (11.5) slow to begin, but once i was warmed up fired away, nice and strong, my body's loving being able to stretch itself again now that the forest isnt so icy. Good speeds! Sprinted the last 1/2 k again, not as zippy as yesterday though, except for the last last bít which is on the pavement, can really fly down there, put all my last energy and strength into it cos i know im finishing. Which is cool. I race Olive.
And actually i win, but probably cos she doesnt reallise we're racing!
did more ab stretching, an embarrassingly difficult, 2 times 20 crunches,and the same for obliques, plus 20 leg lifting stomach crunches.
quite hard, but if i keep it up....

ate today...flaxseed oil, roiboos tea-my everyday wake up
Breaky;the usual muesli mix with chopped dried fig+apricot and flaxseeds ,an espresso-(yep still addicted, newyears reso didnt quelch that one yet)
snack,2clemmies,roiboos tea
Lunch,corn,capsicum,parsley,feld salat,gerkin and tofu slices with garlic,lemonjuice,spring onion, streich and veganaise on rye bread,1choc-muffin.
1/2 glass applejuice-my standard post run drink.
roiboos tea
Dinner;feld salat, corn,tomato,pumkinseeds,parsley,cashews,slivered almonds,kidney beans,roast pumkin and roast spuds.with mustard,lemonjuice,vinegar, hemp oil and maple syrup dressing.
choc muffin no-2,
choc pudding i made using left over silken tofu,cocoa,maple syrup,soya cream,almond butter and an old brown banana-havent eaten any of that yet but im sure i will before the days over!!
chloe

Postby chloe » Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:39 pm

well, todays run was abysmal! i didnt imagine there were weather conditions worse than ice! But apparently there are,slush on the top ice on the bottom!!
Got as far as 8ks run today,felt a bit disappointed but didnt have the motivation to push on.
Crunched again, same as yesterday, had sore stomach muscles today, which is interesting, least i know somethings being worked.

Breaky same as yesterday,muesli,coffee,flaxseeds(and a teaspoon of flax oil, same as every morning),dried figs plus apricots+s-milk.
lunch,avocado,corn,tomato,parsley,capsicum,springonion 'guacamole' with streich,lemon juice.s+p on 2 rye toasts with a slice of tofu,1/2 choc muffin.1 kiwifruit.
snack-hot chocolate
dinner-tomato,spinach,adzuki beans,mushrooms,t.v.p-chilli (onionsgarlicetc)made into little pies,steamed spinach+parsley with herb pesto,tomato,capsicum,onion,parsley,hemp oil salsa,half an avocado.
40gms orange peel chocolate.
tea tea tea!
chloe

Postby chloe » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:13 pm

DAY OFF yesterday, which for me tends to be an all round big fat day off,
walked Olive for 5ks,a half small loop. And i think that was about it on the exercise front, .

Today;5k dog walk-forest a mess still, toooo much iccceee-(can you hear me scream! its so depressing!!!)
forty minute run,unchartered route today so just did it by time.
30minutes skipping,..which was cool, i like being able to listen to music and jump around.
crunches-3 times 20,plus 2 times 20 for the lower.
a good bit of stretching -gearing up for tommorrows long run.

Breaky-meusli,figs/apricots,flaxseeds(plus oil) soymilk.espresso.kiwifruit.
Snack-TWO chocolate muffins,tea
Lunch-hot chips*,(indeed,one of those days)veganaise,2 slices rye toast with tahini and tomato
snack-1/2 glass apple juice,2 clementines,tea
Dinner-quinoa,parsley,spinach,onion,tomato,feld salat,corn,toasted cashew and pumpkin seeds,crumbled tofu salad(lemon juice,garlic,hemp oil,herbs,S+P.)
40gms orange peel chocolate..(loveitloveitloveit)
tea,and tons of water. Having a problem with water at the moment, dont seem to want to drink even though i know im mildy dehydrated! So this weeks aim is to sip away at water whenever possible,. Need more fruit i think!

*=NOT organic.
chloe

Postby chloe » Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:12 pm

yesterday,FridayLongRun 30ks,three hours or (still no new watch!!!grrr)
Same as last week but in reverse, which cut out a couple of good hills, including the BIG one, but might throw those into my daily runs this week.
Run went well, that distance is really no problem now, as long as i start out nice and steady and gear up into it.
The schedule i have, actually had the week just been as a sort of rest week, which i overlooked and so will do this coming week. It looks painfully light though, i'll probably go nuts with that little exertion!
ANd then the following week the long run goes up to 32ks, but the runs during the week go down a few k'd respectively.
Its quite a good programme, but almost too light in places,. I've pretty much added a couple of k' on to nearly every run. Also though running in the forest tends to dictate a little cos i follow well worn trails.

Ate yesterday;
Breaky;better than last weeks failed experiment, amarynth/oats muesli,with ground flaxseeds,pumpkinseeds, brazil nuts,kiwifruit+dried figs and apricots and soymilk, +espresso,(tea and flaxseed oil first thing after i wake up everyday.)
post breaky-pre run snack:hot chocolate
2 dried apricots from my pocket whilst i ran
1/2 glass apple juice post run,2 clementines
lunch/dinner,-dinkel patty sandwhich, with lettuce, tomato, hummous, gherkin on rye bread,+ 4 hash browns*,with veganaise, hot chocolate.
40gms orange choccy!
tea and water galore.

Have looked over my weeks food log, i dont eat enough fruit by far!
And i eat/drink quite a lot of chocolate things! Its so easy to not notice this until you write it down! And also i probably need more variety in my meals, i seem to eat a lot of sanwhiches aswell. Might look into revising my meals this week. Maybe planning them a little.

*=NOT organic
chloe

Postby chloe » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:55 am

saturday-day off, dog walk crunches
sunday-8km run,5km dog walk,crunches
Monday-8km run, 5km dog walk, no crunches.
MOnday is meant to be the start of my 'rest week' and also my new calorie defecit thang,..god forbid.
Need to eat more fruit,less chocolate, drink more water.
The weeks programme goes like this..
mon-8k tues-rest wed-9.5k thurs-rest fri-8k sat-rest sun-6.5k
which is a walk in the woods really.
and then the following monday 32k.

So will really need to cut back my food intake anyway.to account for the lessening in exercise!
Yesterdays foods...

breaky-tea,flaxoil; oats/amyrth muesli,ground flaxseeds, soyamilk espresso
snack-fruit salad/pinapple,peaches,plums,cherries,(from a jar)chopped figs.
lunch-potato+leek soup w-carrots,spinach,ground sesame seeds+left over quinoa.
1glass apple juice
snack-marzipan chocolate*---(ahhhhhh,)
dinner-mashed spud,made with hemp oil+soyamilk,lentil+dried apricot stew,1slice rye toast with avocado.
40gms,orange chocolate.

rest day today!

*=NOT organic
chloe

Postby chloe » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:52 pm

im not even going to post my last coupla days meals, im too ashamed, god im really terrible at taking rest weeks, instead of just taking it easy i grind to a complete halt!
And whats funny is ive got a cold! sore throat coughing spluttering, the works, its like my body waited until it was given 'rest' permission to let the sickness in.I really do feel that when im running-training my overall strength is so much higher. Like the motivation that goes into building my fitness and stamina, by association also goes into my immunity,my personal well being and the like,thats why when i let myself rest i turn into a coughing couch potato eating popcorn! Needless to say then my calorie defecit plan hasnt yet started!
Got my new ebay watch today, finally, so will have my first timed run in about a month, it doesnt have a pulse function though, which is a bit of a pain,i have a little book recording my heart rate emmediately i stop running and then two minutes later, for just about every run for the last 2 years.

walked Olive for 8kms this morning, and going to run the same route this afternoon.
chloe

Postby chloe » Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:55 pm

well thank god my rest week is almost over, ive morphed into a big fat lazy slob, i dont think i have the will power to have rest weeks, i did the alloted runs, minus one(the short one) but skipped pretty much any and all other forms of exercise, did some stomach things on the run days too, and dog walks of course to keep Olive from going crazy, i think shes looking forward to me resuming training aswell, so she can get some decent exercise!
Tommorrow is long run day,and i cant wait to get back into the discipline!
chloe

Postby chloe » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:04 am

Sunday Long run,-(changed days to get used to sunday long running)
Breaky-tea,1teas hemp oil,1teas flax oil,1rye toast with streich(sunflower seed paste),3hash browns* espresso.

just over 32k-s 3hrs,7:58.(new watch at last)
Full of carbos and rest.Ran all the way home feeling fine.
Ate 1dried apricot on the run,but had so much back up didnt need more.
1set crunches, leg raises, obliques.(1set for me is currently 2x20 f0r each)

1/2 glass apple juice, 2kiwis

dinner: quuinoa,roast pumpkin,roast spuds,toasted slivered almonds, parsley, feld salat,nuts+seeds. Yoghurt-gerkin dressing.
slice of chocolate cake(with silktofu icing,blueberryjam,rasberries* on top!)

MOnday rest day.tea,1 teas hemp oil,2teas flax oil.
Breaky, Meuslil,ground flaxseeds,2dried apricots+figs,soymilk,espresso.
snack,1/2glass apple juice
Lunch,vege steak,rye roll sarnie,left over yoghurt dressing.Piece of cake.
snack,hot chocolate
dinner,roast spuds, tomato,white bean, kidney bean,capsicum sauce. cubed lemony tofu.
2hour walk with Olive along the river.
chloe

Postby chloe » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:22 pm

Tuesday:
8ks -42:09
1/2 hour olive walk
2x20 each- crunches,leg lifts, ob's

roiboos tea, 1xtsp hemp oil,2x tsp flaxseed oil
breaky:muesli,2tbls ground flaxseeds,1xchopped dried fig+apricot,s-milk, espresso
snack: hot chocolate
lunch:baguette* sarnie with avocado,inch thick fried(in lemon juice) tofu slice,sliced gerkin.
snack:1/2 glass apple juice,2xsliced peaches,some cubed pineapple(from jar sadly).2dried figs,2dried apricots,3brazil nuts. roiboos tea.
Dinner:roasted- spuds,courgette,red capsicum,aubergine. fresh cherry toms, toasted pumpkin seeds,crumbled lemony garlicy tofu,parsley.2xslices baguette*.
snack: 'ama zake' a brown rice pudding, with sliced plums and grated chocolate.

*=not organic
chloe

Next

Return to Training Logs