V2GO no longer veggie

Travel and location information for vegans, restaurant, hotel, B&B etc reviews. If you want to meet people from some area, post here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

V2GO no longer veggie

Postby prenna » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:52 pm

V2Go the "vegetarian" fast food chain has recently begun serving 100% beef burgers. Now they were never the most healthy of companies but they did provide a slighlty more ethical alternative to Mcshit, Murder King, and Killing For Cash. When I asked one of their staff members about it she replied with, "You know how McDonald's has a vegetarian option? Well we're giving a meat option". WTF? Do people really need another dead animal option? Anyway, if anyone feels like they want to complain to them about their fundamental change of policy you can write to the following address:

V2Go
Farrington Court
Farrington Rd Industrial Estate
Rossendale Road
Burnley
BB11 5SS
prenna

Postby Jonathan » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:08 pm

i think that it has been taken over. it was for sale when we went there about a month ago and closed.

that really f##king sucks and i shall be writing to voice my complaint.

jonathan
Kathryn wrote:You're getting a hedge trimmer, I want a bubble machine. I need it for my job
Jonathan

Postby Mary » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:51 pm

Thanks for telling us that Prenna. As you say, WTF?
Mary

Postby JP » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:37 pm

jonathan wrote:i think that it has been taken over. it was for sale when we went there about a month ago and closed.

are you mixing this with V1 - the fine food establishment in Nottingham? V2Go is a manchester burger joint with couple restaurants, and not a very good one either...
JP
Site Admin

Postby Jonathan » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:49 pm

thats a very good point. well i suppose that is a relief, though this depends on V1 actually openning again. that place is legendary, and i love it :D

V2Go is however shite, and the couple of meals that i have had there have always been mediocre. nevertheless, its shit that they are abandoning the veggie ethos.

jonathan
Kathryn wrote:You're getting a hedge trimmer, I want a bubble machine. I need it for my job
Jonathan

Postby prenna » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:48 pm

V2Go have returned to being veggie. After a lot of denials and awkwardness from one of the directors it turns out that they had a trial selling meat starting last Friday. They ended it on Sunday and apparently will never do it again. I'm guessing they got a lot of complaints.
prenna

Postby Rochellita » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:50 pm

woohoo

people power!

I wonder if they needed a different license to sell flesh?
Rochellita
Site Admin

Postby Mary » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:29 pm

Interestingly they threatened Realfood with legal action for saying they sold flesh. Nice...

But it has to be said, as an example of vegan pester power, that was fantastic! Well done all you Mancunians. 8)
Mary

Return to Travel, Locations and Reviews