can anyone out there help me with vegan tattoo ideas?

Music, movies, literature, art, poems...

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

can anyone out there help me with vegan tattoo ideas?

Postby marathonmike » Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:27 am

So this is my dilemna. I've decided what I'm going to get for my next tattoo. It's been about 8 years since my last one. All of my tattoo's symbolize my commitment to a straightedge (lifetime drug free stance) lifestyle. I've been vegan for way too long without having a vegan tattoo. I'm going to get this tattoo on both of my upper arms at the back and sides of the arm. Left arm going from up to down - VEGAN, right arm - POWER. My dilemna is of what type of font I'd like and what color. I think I should incorporate green into the color since that is very fitting. But not only green, maybe some blues, or red, and some black for shading. I want to make this tattoo a reality within the next few months when I find the best tattoo parlor in my city. All of my tattoo's are in Old English style lettering. I want the font something that is very easy to read. If anyone can help me or get some cool ideas, please email me at mikewinnemuller@hotmail.com. Thank you. Take care out there fellow vegans.
marathonmike

Postby littlegirlbunny » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:14 pm

I would love to be able to give you ideas, but i cant even decide on my own at the moment :roll:

good luck with finding the right design, script work is lovely :D
"life with littlegirlbunny is never dull"
littlegirlbunny

Postby Pete » Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:58 pm

How about:

Although that doesn't really fit any of your criteria :?
But he is a humping-big vegan whose got no need of drugs (for fun or get stronger :lol: )

EDIT: Is humping-big a real phrase or did I just make it up? If I made it up that's fab:!:
Pete
http://www.veganbodybuilding.org
[url=http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/veganbodybuilding/]Vegan Bodybuilding List[/url]
[url=http://veganbodybuilding.blogspot.com/]Vegan Bodybuilding Blog[/url]
[url=https://www.facebook.com/groups/23353662623/]Vegan Bodybuilding Facebook[/url]
Pete

Postby JP » Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:22 pm

hey mate, here's my humble tattoo

though i've always joked, that proper straight edge hardcore kids drop out of veganism immediately when they get vegan tattooed on them. Man, the stories i could tell about people with vegan or straight edge tattoos on them!

EDIT: that photo is taken years ago, before my other forearm tattoo and about 12kg of bodyweight ago :D
JP
Site Admin

vegan or sXe sellouts

Postby marathonmike » Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:19 pm

I think I'm okay for getting a vegan tattoo and not having to worry about selling out. haha. I've been vegan for 12 years and straightedge for 15 so I think I've built myself to last. haha. Nice tat by the way. Good to see the vegan sXe is well represented in the UK.
marathonmike

Postby xSpecialKx » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:58 pm

Did you get around to getting your tattoo?
xSpecialKx

no, not yet

Postby marathonmike » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:17 pm

No, not yet. I just got home from Chile today. I was there for the last two weeks. I was thinking of getting my tattoo there since it's super cheap to get one there but the quality of tattoo's that I saw there were really lousy. I want to make sure I get it the best possible way with the best possible artist; even if that means that I spend some good money for it.
marathonmike

Postby xSpecialKx » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:31 am

Good idea. It's one of those things where you really get what you pay for! In retrospect, I wish I'd spent much more time and money on mine.

Definitely post a pic when you get it! I love seeing vegan tattoos. :)

Kristen
xSpecialKx

hey Kristen

Postby marathonmike » Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:16 am

Hey Kristen, email me at mikewinnemuller@hotmail.com and send me a pic of your tattoo. I'd love to see it. I just hung out with some dude from DC the last couple days of my trip in Chile. Super nice guy; super smart dude. Are you on myspace at all? You can check out my profile at www.myspace.com/marathonmike

See ya.
marathonmike

Postby xSpecialKx » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:42 am

OK, I'll see if I can drum up a pic.

I abandoned myspace a few months ago, but your page looks cool. Nice to see another edge person over the age of 23. :)

K
xSpecialKx

Postby JP » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:18 am

xSpecialKx wrote: Nice to see another edge person over the age of 23. :)

this board has fair few people who hardly ever meet another edge under the age of 30 ;)
JP
Site Admin

Postby xJimx » Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:25 pm

A wise old 'edger once told me that you're not really straightedge until you hit 30. One more year to go for me! :D

xxx OLD FOGEY STRAIGHTEDGE REPRESENT xxx
DYEL
xJimx

Postby xSpecialKx » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:04 pm

xJimx wrote:A wise old 'edger once told me that you're not really straightedge until you hit 30. One more year to go for me! :D

xxx OLD FOGEY STRAIGHTEDGE REPRESENT xxx

Haha. I love it! I totally agree too. Being straightedge seems only to get harder and harder as you get older, as being socially different is no longer written off as youthful deviant phase. And sxe (and vegan) friends seem to drop like flies. I thought I was one of the only ones left. :)
xSpecialKx

Postby xJimx » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:03 pm

I think it gets harder in some ways and easier in others as you get older, both in terms of being sxe & vegan.

Harder for the fact that (like you say) you start to move in different social circles so people have absolutely zero comprehension of your chosen lifestyle. Pretty much all the people my wife & I associate with now are also parents of young kids. Most of the dads are really nice blokes,but we've got nothing in common besides the kids; they play golf and drink beer, I listen to death metal and lift weights!

Easier 'cos the older I get the less I care about how other people perceive me. Things like going to the pub with a group of workmates and being the only one not drinking used to be a bit awkward, now I couldn't give 2 sh*ts about what anyone else thinks of my lifestyle.
DYEL
xJimx

Postby chloe » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:32 pm

this probably isnt helpful and im not straight edge... but this is my tattoo!
For me this symbolises that there IS no going back. Vegan is the only way to eat/live and for me that aint ever going to change!
[img]http://static.flickr.com/42/109752605_d1810b95ea_m.jpg[/img]
chloe

Next

Return to Culture