bulkers corner

Any queries about vegan diet, nutrition, dieting, bulking and healthy eating in general. Diets and food from vegan perspective.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Postby JP » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:57 am

buzz wrote:Don't tell me you've never tried the famous haggis samosas from the baked tattie shop??!?!? :D

i think i am due for a divine culinary experience next time when we visit edinburgh...

fruitbat - i told you so :D Fantastic to hear you are on the bulk as well!
JP
Site Admin

Postby Fruitbat » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:17 am

told me what?

I am not sure I would call my diet to be "on the bulk" but def going to up the protein and maintain the high fats and increase the carbs a bit. I am not doing very much CV at the moment either.
Fruitbat

Postby JP » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:26 am

that you should give powerlifting a go :D Good to hear it from Pat though - did you discuss about the squat form at all or any that kind of things?
JP
Site Admin

Postby Fruitbat » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:33 am

she was telling me more how in competition you need to be able to lift with minimal warm-up and with long waits between lifts - that this is quite difficlt in itself. She said with a BW of about 65k i need to work towards DL150, squat 100 and bench 60k - thats alot more than I can do now - but had given me some goals to work towards. I dont know what a realistic time-frame for that is though. The biggest problem is that living where I do, getting anywhere is really time-consuming and difficult especially as I dont have a car...

I wish all my CV events were over so that I could concentrate on weights as I am really motivated for them at the mo and not at all for CV!
Fruitbat

Postby JP » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:42 am

Fruitbat wrote:she was telling me more how in competition you need to be able to lift with minimal warm-up and with long waits between lifts - that this is quite difficlt in itself.

totally, and thats why it is worth it to train all three once in a while to get an idea.

She said with a BW of about 65k i need to work towards DL150, squat 100 and bench 60k - thats alot more than I can do now - but had given me some goals to work towards.

well, thats a 310kg total, so thats HUGE total and i suspect she meant equipped lifts. So with squat suit and bench shirt - they can add quite a bit, depending on where you are strongest.

if you look at this:
http://jamesj74.users.btopenworld.com/b ... totals.htm
and scroll down to the unequipped totals the qualifying total for 67.5kg women is 225kg, and that is a qualifying total for national comps, not local comps. I suspect you are not too far from that already?

Anyways, should not hype this up with all the CV based challenges you have coming up now - lets return to this discussion after your KIMM event :D
JP
Site Admin

Postby Fruitbat » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:47 am

hmmm ...

as you say, wait until half-mara ( :shock: ) and KIMM :) are out of the way
Fruitbat

Postby JP » Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:47 pm

bulkers, do you get tired of eating loads? I have been FULL/STUFFED/SATURATED for almost two weeks now in row - often i feel like i am one step away from vomiting, when that feeling goes away i feel a bit peckish and want a nibble :D

Anyways, just wanted to moan a bit... People say cutting is hard, well, so i bulking!
JP
Site Admin

Postby Fruitbat » Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:54 pm

well i dont bulk as such but i know what you mean by forcing yourself to eat when the last thing you want is to eat...

if i have been over-training, am very tired, have been eating lots or am too hot i dont like to eat but force myself too out of necessity or politeness but i often feel really horrible later.
Fruitbat

Postby buzz » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:16 am

Pretty much feel full most of the time, and sometimes like i'm going to retch when getting my breakfast down. Ate a stack on saturday, like much more than usual and felt terrible afterwards. Weighed in at 88.9 at night which is heaviest ever, but didn't sleep well i was so stuffed, and the next morning felt awful. Considered having a fast day, but just went pretty light instead.
buzz

Postby michaelhobson » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:09 pm

Bulking can be tiresome at times. Fortunately I am abled to eat at work and do so all day long. :D

JP, I have been following your food journal, much healthier than mine. It has to be even harder to get in all those calories on whole foods. Most days I eat at least a couple of Builder Bars, a couple of bagels with peanut butter and two fast food burritos. That's about 2500 calories right there, plus breakfast and dinner and evening snacks.

I don't know what happened to my digestive system when I was sick in July, but things have been in good order since. I seem to have gotten over my soy allergy and constant indigestion. Seems I can eat most anything in any quantity without any problems. :?
michaelhobson

Postby JP » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:46 pm

i wish i has some builder bars man! I'd love to eat them. In fact i have ONE bar left - it is saved for a squat PB day 8)

Weighed 104.5kg today which is 2kg up from 3 weeks ago, so bulking is defo working.

Still 1.5kg to go, so thats a lot of food still to go!
JP
Site Admin

Postby fredrikw » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:11 pm

JP wrote:i wish i has some builder bars man! I'd love to eat them. In fact i have ONE bar left - it is saved for a squat PB day 8)

then you better find yourself a US based Builder Bar dealer soon. I have a few now (you know who you are 8)), and I wouldn't survive without their services.
--- non-racers. the emptiness of those lives shocks me ---
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby Fruitbat » Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:13 am

are Builder bars the same as Clif bars? I ordered some Clif bars from the Veganstore to see what they are like seeing as all you guys on here are always raving about them!
Fruitbat

Postby fredrikw » Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:34 am

no, builders bars are totally different, and they won't ship them outside north america, hence the need for a dealer.

see http://www.clifbar.com/eat/eat.cfm?location=builders
--- non-racers. the emptiness of those lives shocks me ---
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby Fruitbat » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:45 am

so Clif bars and Builder bars are from the same company but different products?
Fruitbat

PreviousNext

Return to Vegan Diets, Nutrition and Healthy Eating