SUPPORT FIONA!

Forum to discuss and advertise vegan, animal, human, environmental and other vegan related events and campaigns.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

SUPPORT FIONA!

Postby Malcolms Billy » Sun Mar 28, 2004 7:37 pm

Hi,

as you might know, Fiona Oakes, vegan marathon runner and carer for 200+ rescued animals will be running the London Marathon on Sunday 18 April, "to raise awareness for animal welfare and to raise funds for Sanctuaries she runs in the UK and Moscow" (quote from the sponsorship form). This is the perfect opportunity to sponsor a vegan, ethical charity! Please check out www.towerhillstables.com or mail fiona@towerhillstables.com for more info.

See ya,
Billy
Malcolms Billy

Postby Blaz » Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:28 pm

Still noone responds your post, poor Billy? :( But I am sure many of us visited the place (and gave some support...) :) . i have learnt a good deal visiting the place, but cannot say much because i know so little (I know nothing of world matters, such as competitions going).

FIONA RULES!

Blaz
Blaz

Postby Mary » Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:46 pm

I have just been looking at Fiona's website again, and I am really impressed with how much she has done to get the message of compassion accepted in Russia. Of course Russia has a long history of compassion for animals, but I was really moved by the artwork that came through from the kids anti fur competition.

Fiona is a living example of how compassion is not limited to species or boundaries. She supports individuals, regardless of nationality or species, and I seriously hope that she comes to be as well respected in this country as she is in Russia. She certainly deserves to be!

Best wishes also to the Russian lady, Elena Lonshakova, who has worked to help animals all her life, and is now dying of cancer. Anyone reading this, check out Fiona's website, and see how you can help.
Mary

Postby JP » Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:53 am

BUMP!

i decided to tip in a few modest pounds :)

Gotta support the fellow vegan athlete!
JP
Site Admin

Postby Blaz » Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:04 pm

Me too! (just waiting for the form).

Self-devotion obviously knows no contraints. Fiona's strong will will be an exemplum for many people, I believe. The one reason I am not ashamed of being a human is that some humans devote their lives to help helpless beings of other species. And stay in shape, at the same time!

Glad to see people here started to post here (I set up my comb that my dumb, but provoking message helped somehow), Blaz
Blaz

Postby Malcolms Billy » Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:01 am

Hiya Blaz and Mary,

thanks for your support! I've had some kind offers of sponsoring (you know who you are, thanks! :) ), but obviously the more the better. So all UK peeps in particular: please check threads about Fiona, or even better, check her website www.towerhillstables.com and show your support!!

Cheers,
Billy
Malcolms Billy

Return to Vegan activism and events