Lift it to your heart, then push it to the sky

A place for vegan athletes from all levels and sports to keep their training journals.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Postby bronco » Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:36 pm

Today we had lovely weather here in Austria, so I decided to see what my bakc had to say about some running (or rather jogging). So I put on my running shoes for the first time in 6 month or something and took a tour throught the winefields. Felt very good, bakc didn't say nothing so hopefully I will start doing some running once or twice a week from now on.
JP wrote:Spirulina is a badass crew, and they often just hang around in street corners looking to beat up proteins.

They oftenget confused by the fact that they are almost half protein themselves.
bronco
Site Admin

Postby bronco » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:52 am

Went to the gym last night. I'm a bit confused these day, I have only made up an aproximate routine so I wasn't quite sure what to do when I arrived at the gym. Anyway I decided to do upper body which for me these days means chins and dips. Dips went pretty well, chins I don't know I never seem to get better at these. I think I will try more weight and lower reps for a while, maybe even going down to doing lots of singles.

DIps:
0 kg: 1x5, 1x16, 2x5
Chins, close grip:
3x3
Chins:
2x3
Then some wrist work and stuff.
JP wrote:Spirulina is a badass crew, and they often just hang around in street corners looking to beat up proteins.

They oftenget confused by the fact that they are almost half protein themselves.
bronco
Site Admin

Postby bronco » Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:50 pm

Went to the gym today. I've think I've decided on what routine to use for the nearest couple of week. I'll go with a full-body routine two timeas a week. The routine would be like the one I did today, see below. I'm also thinking of maybe vary the reps so that one time a week it will be higher (8) and one lower (5). Pistol squats felt pretty good, but I had to do them assisted. Last time I actaully managed a couple (two is a couple right :) ) of unassisted reps, but today it seemed inpossible :?. Maybe my legs was tired from playing baksetball yesterday. Anyway, the squats felt rellay good for the quads, a bit more thant std squats I think.

One legged squats:
a: 3x6
Sissy squats:
0 kg: 2x8
Lying leg curl:
45 kg: 3x8
Pull ups:
0 kg: 3x5
Dips:
0 kg: 3x8

bronco
Site Admin

Postby bronco » Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:47 am

Did some swimming ysesterday, and it went pretty good, for my standards. I'm actually getting better for every time I go swimming, which is very lucky since i suck at swimming. My technique is so bad I imagine that me swimming looks something like a dying moby dick in speedos :D .

bronco
Site Admin

Postby bronco » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:50 am

Visited the gym yesterday for my ususal dips-chins-no squats-no deadlifts routine. Dips went pretty well :). Chins feels like I only get weaker and weaker. If it weren't for my back I'd lay of them for a while and concentrate on barbell rows instead. I think my best progression on chins have been when I did much barbell rows. I also wonder if it would be worth doing them with a smaller ROM for a while (maybe not tough the collar bone, instead just get the chin above the bar).

Dips:
0 kg: 1x5, 10 kg: 1x8, 15 kg: 1x6, 20 kg: 1x6, 25 kg: 1x3
Chins:
0 kg: 1x5, 5 kg: 2x3, 1x2
One legged legpress:
some weight, don't remember and stopped after two sets because it din't feel perfect in the back
Lying leg curls:
45 kg : 1x8, 50 kg: 1x8
Wrist work:
plate curls, reverese plate curls, levering.

Oh, I just remembered that kadett8 has promised to lened me his CoC grippers (#1 and #2) tonight. Super grip, here I come :D .

bronco
Site Admin

Postby bronco » Sun May 29, 2005 3:19 pm

Just noticed it's exactly one month since I updated my log, so it's about time. Sadly I havenot done any training in the last month, for different reasons, mainly visitors and (mild) illness. Anyway, this friday it was time again :D. It was also the grand premier of the "Derek Zoolander's vegan gym" located in kadett8's garage. Everybody was so happy because of the premier so we almost forgot to train, but I managed to get a couple of sets in, with focus on quads for no specific reason.

Pistol squats(assistsed):
0 kg: 4x5
Sissy squats:
0 kg: 4x5
Disp:
0 kg:
1x14, 2x8 (approximately)
Dumbell row:
20 kg: 3x10

bronco
Site Admin

Postby JP » Mon May 30, 2005 3:47 pm

bronco wrote:It was also the grand premier of the "Derek Zoolander's vegan gym" located in kadett8's garage.

very cool! :D

Tell us more!
JP
Site Admin

Postby bronco » Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:43 am

JP wrote:
bronco wrote:It was also the grand premier of the "Derek Zoolander's vegan gym" located in kadett8's garage.

very cool! :D

Tell us more!

Well, so far there is a bench with a rack and dips-handles, a barbell, some dumbbells and ~100 kg of weights. All located in the garage, but I hear it will be moved to the cellar instead. There are also plans of building a sauna in connection to the gym :).

bronco
Site Admin

Postby daisy » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:49 pm

hi,

we also plan to get some pull-up possibility: a normal bar the press in between a doorframe or a more sophisticated version to screw into the wall.
i moved the 'gym' into the cellar today, because in the garage it was too dirty.
i also thought about moving it to the terace when the weather is good :-)

in the moment following people plan to work-out there:
my brother, my girlfriend, bronco, me (all vegan), my cousin (vegetarian)
and several guests who train not reguralrly, but only for trying.
:-)

i will also start a trainingslog with my new programm, which is not fixed yet, or i will continue the HST log if i repeat it

:-)

lg
Last edited by daisy on Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.vegan.at - http://www.veganisnormal.com - http://www.veganmania.at
daisy

!

Postby michaelhobson » Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:33 pm

Very jealous! A private vegan gym, sounds like paradise! 8)
michaelhobson

Postby bronco » Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:01 am

Traning time again this friday. My pitol squats are improving, managed five reps unassisted which makes me very happy :) . The glute-ham raise is not so good off, still needs lot of assistance but it feels really good and I have hope of doing them unassisted in a not too far off future.

Pistol squats:
0 kg: 1x5, 2x3
Sissy squats:
0 kg: 3x6
GH-raise(assisted)
0 kg: 3x5
Dips:
0 kg: 1x5, 10 kg: 1x5, 17.5 kg: 1x6
Bench:
40-50 kg something some reps
Some backextensions
Some crucnhes with some strange thing

bronco
Site Admin

Postby bronco » Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:40 pm

Did some training again yesterday. Tried some quite heavy benches for the first time since i hurt my back and it felt really good. The back felt perfect and it seemed I hadn't lost too much strength either. So now I'm thinking of trying to go over 100kg for the VF week, not sure though but it would be sweet :D.
The training was something like this:
bench:
80 kg: 2x5
Chins:
0 kg: 3x5 or so
Dumbbell rows:
30 kg: 3x8
Dips:
0 kg: 1x5, 10 kg: 1x5
Lateral raise:
5 kg : 3x8 (or so)

bronco
Site Admin

Postby bronco » Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:56 am

Decided to go running yesterday. When it comes to running, living in the city sucks. I want just get out and run in the nature, but nooo, instead I have to spend 15 min on the subway just to get to stinking park :). Well, actually the Schönbrunner Schlosspark is kind of nice, and has a nice uphill part.
So i did something like 20 min warm up running and then 10 upphill sprint intervals. That was kind of hard, but on the positive side, last time i only managed five before I felt like I was gonna get a heart attack, so at least I'm improving :lol: .

bronco
Site Admin

Postby michaelhobson » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:22 pm

Nice running Bronco. Most of us big guys are not good runners, you seem to be good at everything! :D
michaelhobson

Postby bronco » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:57 pm

michaelhobson wrote:Nice running Bronco. Most of us big guys are not good runners, you seem to be good at everything! :D

Thanks, being good at everything is one of my main goals in life :lol: .

bronco
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Training Logs