Hernia? Please help!

For injury and health related discussion and support only. Please note that this is not a substitute for seeing a health care professional.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Hernia? Please help!

Postby billyoffspring » Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:19 pm

Hi guys,

I've just started lifting again. I really don't think I did too much, as I limited myself. I've only been at it for a week.

Anyway, the last time I lifted was Wednesday and I started feeling pain last night. I feel pain right above my groin area (very low stomach area) with movement (especially if I bring my knees up toward my stomach).

Does this sound like a hernia? What else could it be? I really hope I don't have a hernia.

Best plan of action? Maybe sit on it for a while and wait to see if the pain goes away. I'm definitley not blocked. I'm having bowel movements and such perfectly fine.

Please help. Thanks.
I refuse to turn my back on these words I've etched into my soul; this oath I take to protect all life and never cheapen my own.
billyoffspring

Postby Frostfire » Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:37 am

Eek. The only way to fix a hernia is to go to the doctor, and unfortunatly, that is also the only way to truly find out what it is :( . But ya, if it goes away in a couple days, maybe you only strained yourself a little (but I wouln't want to chance it!)
http://www.ChingSanctuary.org
Frostfire

Postby Dave Noisy » Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:18 am

I have a hernia, and it's obvious because there's a 'bump' where your intestines are pushing their way between your abdominal muscles.

If you notice something 'pop up', look out. Otherwise it's likely just a strain.
Dave Noisy

Postby V VII Hero » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:53 pm

ive had a hernia and a hydrocele. sometimes you will get extra pressure on your bladder.

its a very harsh pain. go get it checked out immediately. the only way to fix a hernia is to get surgery. if you keep lifting with it, the tear can get even bigger.

it sounds like a strain. but i know i got pain when i ran (brought knees towards chest). so if it dont go away or if u notice something popping out. go get it checked
From Texas to Alaska, exploring the world.
V VII Hero

Postby mindless » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:43 pm

I don't think it is hernia, but it's recommended to see your doc if the pain persist over two days.
mindless

Postby runner » Wed May 16, 2007 7:06 pm

guess I'm next in line..

but i hope to find it out friday or monday

operation is not the only way acording to the website from one hospital. if posible treatment would be prefered..

lifthing might not be a good idea..

not sure if my problem came from lifthing.. it could also come from running I guess in combination with my bad posture..
support this wonderfull organisation:
http://www.towerhillstables.com
runner

Return to Injury Prevention and Support Forum