Anyone tried Vega?

New vegan products out there? Queries about products, ingredients, vegan supplements?

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Anyone tried Vega?

Postby sdsurfer » Wed May 25, 2005 6:06 am

Has anyone tried Vega? If so what kind of results did you notice?
sdsurfer

Postby runner » Sat May 28, 2005 8:39 am

what is vega?
support this wonderfull organisation:
http://www.towerhillstables.com
runner

Postby Dave Noisy » Sun May 29, 2005 7:56 am

Brendan Brazier (vegan world class triathlete and ultramarathon runner) designed this suppliment/meal replacement:

www.myvega.com/index.htm

I haven't used it myself, but others say it's great, and the ingredients are top-notch.
Dave Noisy

Postby littlegirlbunny » Sun May 29, 2005 3:40 pm

Looks like good stuff - especially if you are trying to shift away from processed isolate powders and multivits
littlegirlbunny

Postby Rob » Sun May 29, 2005 10:12 pm

This reminds me that I'm out and have to buy some more! I love it. It's a bit pricey, but as Dave said, ingreds are top notch. Plus, you're supporting a great guy and inspirational vegan athlete. as for results, i feel great when i'm taking it, perfect in pre- and post-workout smoothies, but i'm not really working toward any goals right now so i don't have specific results to report. Brendan's also got a bunch of recipes like raw bars to put Vega in which are great for snacks at work. highly recommended.
Rob

Postby RobertCheeke » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:35 am

Yeah Vega is great! I had the opportunity recently to work on a movie project with Brendan. There was more Vega during our filming than I knew what to do with! It is great stuff and great for you.

Brendan's sport has him training 8-10 hours a day sometimes! Vega helps him recover and provide him with all the essential nutrients he needs. He is a work horse! I watched him compete in Bend last month and it was really cool. I'd never seen an Ironman Triathlon event before.

Berry is my favorite flavor of Vega, but all are good, no matter what you choose.......I agree, awesome in smoothies. :P
Robert Cheeke
"When your actions speak for themselves, don't interrupt."
www.myspace.com/veganbodybuilding
RobertCheeke

Postby buggy » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:02 am

I have the natural flavour and I've been desperately trying to choke it down...because I can't bear to throw it out. ($$$) I take a deep breath and try to get it all down without breathing. I accidentally mixed it with too much water today and tasted what I was drinking, and it made me cry. Yes. TEARS.

maybe the other flavours are good...but AVOID the natural one!!!!
Last edited by buggy on Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
buggy

Postby nicki » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:24 pm

I got one of the berry flavored bars for free, and it was great. It tasted good and all the ingredients were healthy, mostly raw, whole foods. I got a small pouch of the powder too, but haven't tried it yet.

Yeah Vega is great! I had the opportunity recently to work on a movie project with Brendan. There was more Vega during our filming than I knew what to do with! It is great stuff and great for you.

I really enjoyed the vegan fitness dvd. I've been vegan forever, but my boyfriend and I wanted some extra inspiration and workout tips since we've just started up again working out. It was fun to watch and informative, even for already active, long-time vegans.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. ~Krishnamurti
nicki

Postby seasiren » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:35 pm

The Vega Bars are awesome! I really like them especially the natural and I always keep one with me for times I need quick energy and can't get to a place to eat.

I have tried the shakes and they weren't horrible, but definately different. A bit gritty, but drinkable.
seasiren

Postby Dave Noisy » Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:58 am

I prefer to drink the powder in some kind of juice, i think it's fantastic that way.

Been using it steadily for 2mos now, i think it makes a huge difference...i think the maca plays a pretty big part, and it's super-handy when you're in a hurry but gotta eat something.
Dave Noisy

Postby V VII Hero » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:50 pm

vega is great. its my favorite protein powder to use. had my hands on it when I was at robert's.

i noticed great results
From Texas to Alaska, exploring the world.
V VII Hero

Postby Matt Norwood » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:42 pm

Where do you folks in the US obtain it? The site seems to have limited info on resellers in the US, but I'd like to try it out, preferably from a vendor nearby in California.
Matt Norwood

Postby mandy » Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:53 am

Looks like Vegan Essentials has it...but they aren't in California so that might not be helpful to you. I've been thinking about trying Vega too - although I'd like to sample it before I drop that kind of cash on a protein powder. I wrote to Sequel Naturals to see if they do that sort of thing but haven't heard back yet.
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -RB
mandy

Postby Dave Noisy » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:46 am

I don't think there's any in CA so far...i'll confirm tho.

VeganEssentials might be your best bet!
Dave Noisy

Postby Matt Norwood » Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:08 pm

Thanks, I'll check out Vegan Essentials. I forgot they had it. ;)
Matt Norwood

Next

Return to Vegan Products and Supplements