Hello all!

Please introduce yourself here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Hello all!

Postby Sam1487 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:24 am

Hi everyone

New here! I found the site while looking for eating tips for vegans as I'm about to take on my first multi-day long distance bike ride. I've been vegan (mostly) since February after responding to a call to be in a documentary trying it for a week. I'm a very lacks vegan, that is, I'll remain so as much as possible but if I'm out somewhere and they don't have any vegan options I won't lose any sleep over it.

I'm here really to start working on a better diet to go along with my fitness. For the longest time I never noticed any difference in my energy levels and my ability to perform well at the gym / cycling / running / other sports, but as I've increased the amount I'm doing in a bid to get the last bit of fat off, I've noticed a dramatic drop in energy.

So hopefully this will be a great place to learn about that stuff and build a better diet for my fitness regime.

Outside of fitness stuff I'm the owner of a film / video production company and lecture at a university a couple of days a week.

Looking forward to meeting you all / as many as possible.

Sam
Sam1487

Re: Hello all!

Postby sergio » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:18 am

Hi Sam! welcome to the forum. :)

I'd say it's quite normal that drop in energy if you're cutting weight. How it has been the overall experience with veganism so far?
I accidentally replaced all of my blood with coffee.
sergio

Postby Linnéa76 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:05 pm

Welcome Sam!
-Talk is cheap-
Linnéa76

Postby Sam1487 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:29 pm

Hey sorry for the late reply. It's been fine, and I've really enjoyed it, it's really widened my scope on cooking. There have been a few occasions were remaining vegan hasn't been possible but on the whole it's been fine.

I'm writing this from the hotel where I'm staying the night before I start my coast to coast ride across the UK (Whitehaven to Tynemouth) so I'm really looking forward to that :D
Sam1487

Postby loveliberate » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:34 am

Hello and Welcome! :)
“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." http://www.a-human-right.com - http://www.aware.org
loveliberate

Postby mo! » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:18 am

hey :)

So, how did it go?
mo!

Postby Sam1487 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:22 am

It went well, apart from a miscommunication on day 1 regarding what was in the non-meat sausages (turns out they weren't vegan, they were quorn filled) which led to a very (very!) ill first day (vomiting a lot while trying to cycle is not brilliant) the whole trip went well.

I'm very tired now, and my knee aches a little, but other than that I'm happy. Now, to do it again and try and do it faster.
Sam1487

Postby loveliberate » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:18 am

Hello & Welcome & Boo on quorn!
“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." http://www.a-human-right.com - http://www.aware.org
loveliberate

Return to New member introductions