A Holler from Finland

Please introduce yourself here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

A Holler from Finland

Postby firelite » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:59 am

Hey everyone!

Glad to join the board. I've been vegan for the last 6? 7? years, but have only recently gotten into fitness. I used to be a total bibliophile & couch potato, but now I get my best rush from weight training (in which I'm a total beginner)...

Generic life specs: 28, queer single parent, still studying (and sometimes translating). I used to be pretty active in animal rights, but now all my volunteering/ organization work has been focusing on founding a free / democratic school in my home town. It's a lot of work! I also love to write, paint, and dive into all sorts of interesting thoughts - surfacing, then, with a crazy idea that needs to get done. I love getting stuff done and am a bit of a time management / organizational freak.

Looking forward to all the discussions!
firelite

Re: A Holler from Finland

Postby JP » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:20 pm

welcome :D
JP
Site Admin

Postby kallefs » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:02 pm

Welcome!
Dum di dum!
kallefs

Postby Knight of Albion » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:07 pm

A very warm welcome to the forum!
All this talk of religion but it's how you live your life that is the all-important thing.
If you set out each day to do all the goodness and kindness that you can and to do no harm to man or beast, then you are walking the highest path.
And when your time is up, if you can leave the earth a better place than you found it, then yours will have been a life well lived.
http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Knight of Albion

Postby loveliberate » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:00 pm

Hello & Welcome! :)
“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." http://www.a-human-right.com - http://www.aware.org
loveliberate

Postby haisuli » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:31 pm

Welcome! That school thing sounds interesting (especially as a parent) :wink:
haisuli

Postby firelite » Mon May 12, 2014 5:26 pm

Ok, after lots of idling, getting active again!

Been weight training with varting intensity for the past year. Now I want to really push myself and revamp my diet + start supplementing: time to see some results!

My upper body still is pretty damn weak. Sigh. Some records so far, in kg: squat 65, deadlift 60x5, leg press 120x10, bench a pitiful 37,5.
firelite

Postby Linnéa76 » Thu May 15, 2014 11:02 am

Welcome back! How come you haven't tried a 1RM on the deadlift? :) I reckon you can pull much more than 60 in a single rep.
-Talk is cheap-
Linnéa76

Postby firelite » Sat May 17, 2014 7:48 am

Hi Linnéa & thanks for the welcome back!

Re: deadlifts: It's because I trained with stiff-legged deadlifts for a long time and only now have started practicing "real" deadlifts pretty recently. I want to be absolutely certain of my form before trying for max weights. Right now I can notice that I really need to work on my core - both in squats and deadlifts, after a few reps with high weights, my back starts to round out... My legs could pull more but my core lacks control. But that should be easily fixed! :)
firelite

Return to New member introductions