decent stationary bike for a gym

If cycling of any kind, from leisure to endurance, is your passion, this is the forum for you.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

decent stationary bike for a gym

Postby JP » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:42 pm

hey, maybe some good opinions from here please :)

im opening a gym, its a strength/power/conditioing based gym, but will have couple token cardio machines too like concept 2 rower and then a stationary bike.

Any suggestions for a decent but affordable bike model?

i have 0 knowledge on the subject :D if i had the money i would buy an owesome wattbike because the sprints with that would suit the the gym in general, but alas i am not.

Not even sure how much the bike will be used in the gym so i would like to get an inspiring looking one, and not one of the sad looking ones you see in normal gyms :)
JP
Site Admin

Re: decent stationary bike for a gym

Postby ida » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:35 am

:)

The problem is that the sad looking ones often have the best quality and lowest maintenance cost. I would aim for a "Monark" or something that you would see in a sports physiotherapist office (I am sure that there are several quality brands in Germany and "Monark" is only the Swedish one that I know, since it is everywhere here). Because in the case of the bike being a complete failure and you decide to sell it the second hand price is still very good, whilst if you buy a cheaper indoor cycle, the second hand price will be almost nothing. And if it is a huge success (which we hope for) the cheaper bike will break quicker and then you need to replace it, whilst with a "Monark" (or German equivalent) it will last 30 years with little hassle.

But you are aware of my social context when it comes to bikes, so perhaps I get affected by that and you have to see this advice from a "serious bike entusiast" perspective :lol:

Good luck with finding a good indoor bike. I am cheering for a boring but high quality one. :)

Edit: I meant a second hand high quality one to keep the cost down. From a physio's office or bike nerd.
there is always time for rowing
ida

Postby JP » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:13 am

check out that, thats not boring! :D thanks for the tip, ill need to look for local sources, didnt find that beauty locally yet, Monark Bladez Fitness Jet GSX, but will have a better look later.
JP
Site Admin

Postby JP » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:49 pm

couldnt find these from germany

hmmm maybe something like this would do for now?

http://www.ac-fitness.de/Ausdauertraini ... Cycle.html
JP
Site Admin

Return to Cycling Forum