[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
• View topic - Cutters Corner

Cutters Corner

Any queries about vegan diet, nutrition, dieting, bulking and healthy eating in general. Diets and food from vegan perspective.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Re: Cutters Corner

Postby sergio » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:48 pm

[quote="Talyn"][quote="sergio"]I cut first 3-4 super easy, then it gets harder and harder and I finally quit and celebrate life with peanut butter, falafels and french fries. My goal was at least 87 kg. for september, let's see how it goes.

The key for you then is to fit peanut butter, falafels and french fries into your cutting diet. Then you don't feel deprived.

Moderation is important.

That's actually a good advice. Cutting calories in a intuitive way (i.e. not counting calories cause you're a lazy bastard) isn't the best option at all, some days I just remove the high-caloric stuff pretending it will be enough. Don't get me wrong, I don't go too hard with dieting and still eat tahini, falafel and cookies, but it could work better being more organized/less intuitive.
I accidentally replaced all of my blood with coffee.
sergio

Postby kallefs » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:06 pm

[quote="baldy"]My bodyweight is hovering around 85kg, kind of happy your cutting before you over take me.
3200 a day is bulking!

85! You must look like some ripped greek statue/real swimmer by this point.
Dum di dum!
kallefs

Postby baldy » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:34 am

[quote="kallefs"][quote="baldy"]My bodyweight is hovering around 85kg, kind of happy your cutting before you over take me.
3200 a day is bulking!

85! You must look like some ripped greek statue/real swimmer by this point.

Even more than usual ;)
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby blinki » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:11 pm

Day one of 2400 calories and I've been horribly hungry more than once.

Any breakfast suggestions? I have up to 450 calories, don't care about macros but I need to make it from 8 to at least 12 without getting so shakey that my colleague offers to go find the hob nobs.
blinki

Postby tal » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:41 pm

[quote="blinki"]Day one of 2400 calories and I've been horribly hungry more than once.

Any breakfast suggestions? I have up to 450 calories, don't care about macros but I need to make it from 8 to at least 12 without getting so shakey that my colleague offers to go find the hob nobs.

Skip it, start eating at lunch.
tal

Postby blinki » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:32 pm

I've always been sceptical of no breakfast. But I'm working from home tomorrow so guess I might as well give it a try while I have the convenience of changing my mind if I'm hungry by half 9
blinki

Postby tal » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:48 pm

[quote="blinki"]I've always been sceptical of no breakfast. But I'm working from home tomorrow so guess I might as well give it a try while I have the convenience of changing my mind if I'm hungry by half 9

It may take a little while to get used to, coffee helps with that.

The benefit is you can eat your daily calories in two meals which means much bigger meals.
tal

Postby sergio » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:32 pm

I was going to say "eat some fruit along the morning", cause if you don't care for macros, there's enough space for some pieces in 450 cal, I guess. But then, I've thought it could be even more torturing that not eating at all, not sure if it could do the trick.

Coffe might help but staying at home don't! think of all that food just a few steps away from you!
sergio

Postby blinki » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:03 pm

I can't really deal with three meals a day. I have breakfast, lunch, dinner, dinner 2 and tea and they are all around the same size, if they are all 450cal or less then I get biscuits too. Perhaps that's half my problem :P I've tried cutting on less meals and even after over a week I was getting shaky and grumpy all the time. But if I can skip breakfast then they all get to be a bit bigger or if I can get breakfast back to around 10 then there is less time between meal, either way could be less potential for hunger.

If not could switch soy milk for water at breakfast and then have fruit for elevenses, another meal is a more psychologically appealing solution.
blinki

Postby blinki » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:47 pm

I got to 11.30 then had lunch and not ate since but now slightly hungry. That's a hell of an improvement on yesterday, excellent suggestion Talyn
blinki

Postby sergio » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:24 pm

I saw this today, laughed a lot. Dedicated to you all out there ;)

sergio

Postby tal » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:00 pm

[quote="sergio"]I saw this today, laughed a lot. Dedicated to you all out there ;)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry-yADQms1A[/youtube]
tal

Postby slevin » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:01 am

Sooo... Please don't laugh, but I need to lose some weight. I am 178cm at 63-64kg and would like to get it down to about 56-57 for the upcoming trip at the end of November. At the same time I can't really get too weak - losing muscle is ok, it's the strength to weight that matters the most. Any ideas how to achieve that on a vegan diet (my old way involved a lot of cheese)?
slevin

Postby Mellos » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:43 am

Best diet for me has always been keto. So no carbs for 6 days and then normal eating for the seventh. After that: repeat. You could eat seitan, egg free mayonnaise, tofu, all kinds of nuts, protein powders and oil heavy salads, protein-bread, low sugar peanut butter etc

If you eat enough fats, you won't even be hungry while losing weight. And if you are losing muscle or strength doing this then you should seriously look into your training (program).
Current PBs:
210 kg SQ, 135 kg Bench, 260 kg DL

Long Term Goals:
@ 75 kg: SQ - 252,5 kg, SQ w/ Wraps - 282,5 kg, DL - 307,5 kg, Total (w/o Wraps) - 710, Total (w/ Wraps) 712,5 kg
@ 82,5 kg: SQ - 275 kg, SQ w/ Wraps - 277,5 kg, Total (w/ and w/o Wraps) - 772,5 kg

Team Insanity - The Laws of Physics are Merely a Suggestion
Mellos

Postby hardcore iv » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:28 am

Do you make your own protein bread?
"When you are born, you are set forth to die. The fact that you live or don't live between these two dates depends solely upon your own will, opportunities and desires. The weight exerciser, of course, indicates that he chooses to live." Joseph Curtis Hise
hardcore iv

PreviousNext

Return to Vegan Diets, Nutrition and Healthy Eating