What do you eat at work for lunch?

Any queries about vegan diet, nutrition, dieting, bulking and healthy eating in general. Diets and food from vegan perspective.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Re: What do you eat at work for lunch?

Postby xrodolfox » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:55 pm

I ate out most of last year.
Falafel sandwiches, a vegan Chinese place with almond fried vegan mock chicken, vegan bread bakery veggie focaccia and a few cookies and muffins, or a tempeh burger with yam fries and a slice of raw vegan teese cake where among my staples.
It cost way too much, though.
"The worker has the right to leave his boss, but can she do it? And if she does quit him, is it in order to lead a free life; where she will have no master but herself? No, she leaves to sell herself to another employer. She's driven by the same hunger. Thus the worker's liberty is only a theoretical freedom, lacking any means of realization; an utter falsehood."
-Bakunin
xrodolfox
Site Admin

Postby skoptic » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:10 pm

Soups, couscous and lentil salads :) it's functional, not inspiring!
skoptic
Facebook Admin

Postby blinki » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:47 pm

This week I have cold sausage and sweetcorn pizza. Cold food is normally crap for lunch but cold pizza is awesome and has the bonus of blowing the minds of a few colleagues that vegan pizza exists.
blinki

Postby baldy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:14 pm

[quote="ida"]

Yum!

So turns out pasta salad after 4 days in the fridge starts to go a little funny. Last one had a distinctive pop when I opened it and flavours had began to mingle in a not so good way.
This week made couscous, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, hummus, chickpeas and falafel. Also had sausage sandwiches with brown sauce. Tried PB and jam sammies one day, but made me feel too much like I was back at school.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby ida » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:32 am

sounds like your fridge is not cold enough. Pasta salad should be able to keep fresh after four days if the temperature is low enough. It should be around +8°C in the fridge.
there is always time for rowing
ida

Postby sosso » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:45 am

Lately I've been cooking up some Sanitarium casserole mince with taco seasoning and taking that, along with one of those microwaveable brown rice packs and some frozen veggies.
sosso

Postby ninearms » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:06 am

Today:

Broad bean, asparagus and mint houmous, carrots and sugar snap peas, stuffed vine leaves, olives, nuts, cherry tomatoes and smoked cheese, apple, bananas, and a chocolate, banana and peanut butter protein shake.
“Begin at the beginning,” the King said gravely, “and go on till you come to the end. Then stop.”
ninearms
Perked Member

Postby xrodolfox » Wed May 01, 2013 11:15 am

Oh my. You make my cake for lunch looks so unhealthy.
"The worker has the right to leave his boss, but can she do it? And if she does quit him, is it in order to lead a free life; where she will have no master but herself? No, she leaves to sell herself to another employer. She's driven by the same hunger. Thus the worker's liberty is only a theoretical freedom, lacking any means of realization; an utter falsehood."
-Bakunin
xrodolfox
Site Admin

Postby veganbikenut » Wed May 01, 2013 3:57 pm

Must admit I am bit of a traditional type, always a Sandwich with endless fillings or all varieties and usually a couple bits of fruit and from time to time a Soya Yoghurt, thats about it really, I mix in a change from time to time but not really that often.
veganbikenut

Postby KaliBaby » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:55 pm

Usually soup and bread, or leftover ravioli or lasagna from the night before when I make them.
Live by the sea. Love by the moon.
KaliBaby

Previous

Return to Vegan Diets, Nutrition and Healthy Eating