[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
• View topic - Pre-Hab Training for Cyclists

Pre-Hab Training for Cyclists

If cycling of any kind, from leisure to endurance, is your passion, this is the forum for you.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Pre-Hab Training for Cyclists

Postby lduncan88 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:50 pm

The latest video on my channel. I know a lot of people that either have pain or posture problems from not doing the necessary corrective work for a rider, so I was inspired to make this video. Let me know what you think.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDHM62xbvMw[/youtube]
lduncan88

Re: Pre-Hab Training for Cyclists

Postby Alistar » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:03 am

Yeah I liked it. Gives me an excuse as to why I'm so crap at pull-ups :)
But seriously, as a cyclist who has suffered from some of these imbalances I think its important to remind people of the potential problems that are better prevented, than encountered and rehabed. However I'm lazy and still don't do as much extra work as I should. Tore my G.medius a few yrs back then started having knee problems caused by pelvic stability issues on the same side a few yrs later. Got back into G. medius strengthening and knee pain I'd been having for well over a yr disapeared due to better "tracking". Knee used to crack and pop while climbing out of the saddle which was a bit disconcerting! Doesn't anymore :)
Alistar

Postby lduncan88 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:46 pm

[quote="Alistar"]Yeah I liked it. Gives me an excuse as to why I'm so crap at pull-ups :)
But seriously, as a cyclist who has suffered from some of these imbalances I think its important to remind people of the potential problems that are better prevented, than encountered and rehabed. However I'm lazy and still don't do as much extra work as I should. Tore my G.medius a few yrs back then started having knee problems caused by pelvic stability issues on the same side a few yrs later. Got back into G. medius strengthening and knee pain I'd been having for well over a yr disapeared due to better "tracking". Knee used to crack and pop while climbing out of the saddle which was a bit disconcerting! Doesn't anymore :)

I think most of us fall into the "too lazy to do what we should" category more often than not (myself included). Thanks.
lduncan88

Postby xrodolfox » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:03 am

This was nice and informative.
I subscribed too!
"The worker has the right to leave his boss, but can she do it? And if she does quit him, is it in order to lead a free life; where she will have no master but herself? No, she leaves to sell herself to another employer. She's driven by the same hunger. Thus the worker's liberty is only a theoretical freedom, lacking any means of realization; an utter falsehood."
-Bakunin
xrodolfox
Site Admin

Postby lduncan88 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:43 pm

[quote="xrodolfox"]This was nice and informative.
I subscribed too!

Thank you.
lduncan88

Return to Cycling Forum