breakfast

Any queries about vegan diet, nutrition, dieting, bulking and healthy eating in general. Diets and food from vegan perspective.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

breakfast

Postby DaveMoral » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:55 am

What do you guys do?

I'm getting really really tired of what I'm eating, which sadly largely consists of sprouted grain toast and some sort of cereal. I'd really like a protein breakfast that's quick and easy to whip up.
DaveMoral

Re: breakfast

Postby loveliberate » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:53 am

Tofu scramble! Simple, quick & easy to change around however you like or add whatever you like to.
“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." http://www.a-human-right.com - http://www.aware.org
loveliberate

Postby Adena » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:15 am

[quote="loveliberate"]Tofu scramble! Simple, quick & easy to change around however you like or add whatever you like to.

Love this, but makes me super gassy. :oops: I've been wanting some soy free protein-y breakfast ideas for a long time, but still haven't come up with anything that really seems like breakfast food to me that doesn't involve tofu. Tempeh bacon rules and doesn't affect me quite the same way, but any other recipes would be good.
Adena

Postby DaveMoral » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:47 am

I love tofu scramble... but I'm real big on sleeping as late as possible before work... I find that an hour before leaving for work is optimal.

I've heard good things about black beans in the morning...
DaveMoral

Postby JP » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:33 pm

funny how many brands of muesli i had to go through before i found one that i love and seems like am not getting tired of either.

So i just eat that :D with soya milk of course.

I cut it a bit with corn flakes to make it cheaper, like a coke dealer cuts their product with flour...

protein comes after, i neck a shake about 10-15 minutes from the breakfast before heading to work.
JP
Site Admin

Postby Calum » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:48 pm

Muesli for me, pretty much every day :)
Calum

Postby blinki » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:33 pm

Oats and soy milk, every day unless my mum has given me weetabix or I happened to be at a Sainsbury's that has their own brand ones. I have berries in it when I find them in the reduced to clear or they are at a good price in the fruit & veg shop. I'm mentally incompetent in the morning so I make it at night and that way it gets to soak too
blinki

Postby imnotapunk » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:35 pm

I eat my own homemade oat cereal-thing every day with soy yoghurt. It's basically just oats, almond butter and pumpkin seeds that I've roasted until crispy. I throw in a tablespoon or two of hemp seed as well, and on workout days I add in some dried fruits or some or another berry jam. Even though I eat it every day, I still look forward to it every morning.
imnotapunk

Postby ORLYLOL » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:48 pm

1 Cup (81g) of Rolled Oats + 1 oz (28g) Walnuts + 1oz (28g) pumpkin seeds + brown sugar (or maple syrup) = 22g Protein

You can also add a Tbsp or so of chia for another 4g or so.
"There is much that is difficult for the spirit, the strong, reverent spirit that would bear much: but the difficult and the most difficult are what its strength demands." - Nietzsche

"In all seriousness a beard will add 100 lbs. to your total instantly." - Brandon Lilly

http://veganforklift.blogspot.com/
ORLYLOL

Postby xrodolfox » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:31 pm

I sometimes eat:
-can of artichoke hearts mixed with a can of garbanzo beans and a large tomato cubed in a large bowl tossed with plenty of olive oil and salt
-a few bananas with peanut butter from the can (very small mess afterwards!)
-boxed vegan cereal with soy milk... quantity multiplied most often by 2.
-leftovers!
-head of lettuce mixed with lemon juice and lots of salt.
-vegan bread with veganaise and a slice of tomato and a few slices of tofurkey
-handfuls of mixed nuts and dried fruit in the car if I have to drive longer than 90 minutes to an assignment.

As I read this, I realize that I'm not human. I'm a dumpster.

also...[quote="loveliberate"]Tofu scramble! Simple, quick & easy to change around however you like or add whatever you like to.
That's totally the right idea. I tend not to make tofu scramble much because it makes a mess. But I love it. The kids and wife love it. It's always good.

My wife loves to make vegan/gluten-free chocolate chip pancakes on weekends. Sometimes, she puts in vegan bacon in the mix. She's all about "traditional" type breakfasts. I don't get it. Must be a European or a North American thing. I grew up eating a slice of toast with avocado on it for breakfast.
"The worker has the right to leave his boss, but can she do it? And if she does quit him, is it in order to lead a free life; where she will have no master but herself? No, she leaves to sell herself to another employer. She's driven by the same hunger. Thus the worker's liberty is only a theoretical freedom, lacking any means of realization; an utter falsehood."
-Bakunin
xrodolfox
Site Admin

Postby DaveMoral » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:24 am

We do Saturday morning pancake breakfasts here. We call it Syrup Saturday. Haha.

Green smoothies I love in the morning... but again, too labor intensive for my lazy self.
DaveMoral

Postby Webb » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:50 pm

I just snack for breakfast. I like carrots, celery, or apples with peanut butter. Oats with whatever you feel like added in. Leftovers are good but I rarely have any.
Webb

Postby baldy » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:43 am

Just nailed 2 weetabix with soya milk.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby BryDubbya » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:32 pm

I've been having 2 bananas , 2 scoops of vegan rice protein, 1/4cup almonds. All blended together in my knockoff Magic Bullet (I would be lost without this machine, lol)

Very quick, and very little clean up given the fact that I drink it from the cup I blend it in (thanks knockoff magic bullet!)
Check out my training log - http://www.veganfitness.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=24890

Weight loss status:
2-14-2013 - 307lbs or 139.2kg
Currently - 284lbs or 128.8kg
Total weight loss - 23lbs or 10.4kg
BryDubbya

Return to Vegan Diets, Nutrition and Healthy Eating