Any tips for ITB Syndrome recovery?

For all kinds of running related discussions, from sprinting to marathon, training to equipment. Also the forum for international <a href="http://www.veganrunners.org">veganrunners.org</a> network.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Any tips for ITB Syndrome recovery?

Postby LeChuck » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:04 pm

I've had issues with my right knee since December, right after I ran a slightly longer run than I've ran before. I'm pretty sure it's ITB and I've tried to find some stretches that could help with recovery. Seems to be tricky thing to stretch, I couldn't follow the instructions properly for some of the stretches :)

I've been able to just a couple of time since, on my last try I could only run for 3km before I was forced into walking. I haven't been running for two weeks now, is there anyway to know when I should try again? It doesn't hurt when I'm not running and I'm kinda afraid to go out and try if it works if it makes things worse. Any ideas how long I should wait until trying running again or any tips for stretches?

In the meanwhile I've worked out at gym and trying to pick up swimming (my technique sucks big time!) but I can't wait to get out there on my running shoes. Thank you so much in advance!
LeChuck

Re: Any tips for ITB Syndrome recovery?

Postby Calum » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:09 pm

I've used a foam roller for ITB probs before, and it's helped. Hurts like HELL when doing it though :D
Calum

Postby LeChuck » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:39 pm

Thanks Calum, I think I saw one lying around at the gym. I'll google some instructions give it a try!
LeChuck

Postby crapiecorn » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:55 pm

You can start with using one leg to support your body weight a bit. I like to put my full body weight on it to get a deeper penetration ( thats what she said).
crapiecorn

Postby LeChuck » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:54 pm

Appreciate you tips crapiecorn, thanks!
LeChuck

Return to Vegan Runners