Goobs log, Now with video!!!

A place for vegan athletes from all levels and sports to keep their training journals.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Re: Goobs log, Now with video!!!

Postby Lordmuppet » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:32 pm

some good news to cheer you up :)

some nutrifusion supplements/t shirts in the post for you. Baldy will fill you in on the details.
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby Goob » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:59 pm

[quote="Lordmuppet"]some good news to cheer you up :)

some nutrifusion supplements/t shirts in the post for you. Baldy will fill you in on the details.

Just had a look at what that stuff is, sounds awful :lol:
[quote="Mikhail Koklyaev"]Benedikt he is deadlift god , I'm only amateur
Goob

Postby Lordmuppet » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:00 pm

[quote="Goob"][quote="Lordmuppet"]some good news to cheer you up :)

it is also branded as plantfusion. Exactly same stuff just two brands.
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby Adena » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:51 pm

[quote="Goob"]

I won't have to deal with creepy old men trying to get me to have sex with them anymore.

:shock: Whoa! I'm sorry you ever had to deal with that, but glad you won't have to anymore!
Adena

Postby Goob » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:59 pm

[quote="Lordmuppet"][quote="Goob"][quote="Lordmuppet"]some good news to cheer you up :)

it is also branded as plantfusion. Exactly same stuff just two brands.

Some sort of green superfood powder came up when I searched nutrifusion. This is flavored protein powder I've seen in stores before, so not bad. Disregard everything I said about it being awful :mrgreen:

[quote="Adena"][quote="Goob"]

I won't have to deal with creepy old men trying to get me to have sex with them anymore.

:shock: Whoa! I'm sorry you ever had to deal with that, but glad you won't have to anymore!

being a sexy vegan beast, I'm used to that sort of attention 8) :lol:
Goob

Postby Adena » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:37 pm

[quote="Goob"]
[quote="Adena"][quote="Goob"]

being a sexy vegan beast, I'm used to that sort of attention 8) :lol:

I'm sure lots of people have trouble restraining themselves around you. :wink:
Adena

Postby Goob » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:35 pm

so, it's been a month since I updated :oops:

Haven't been doing much training, just some squats and overhead press once or twice a week for the past month really. I haven't been eating well, so I'm back under 180 lbs again, and very weak.

I haven't been sleeping much because I'm a huge pc game dork and got into the planetside 2 beta. Also, I'm working a lot, since I couldn't get out of a lot of commitments with my old business, so I have 1 day off every 2 weeks.

The biggest problem is the eating though. If I put the effort in with eating, I will have more energy and everything else will come together.

The plan right now is to get strict on diet starting next week. I need to be getting in at least 3000 calories and ~200 grams protein a day and I haven't been getting close to those numbers for a while now.

10/31/2012
Squat
10xbar
10x95 lbs
5x135 lbs
5x155 lbs
3x185 lbs
1x205 lbs
1x215 lbs was very slow and grindy
2x2x185 lbs
2x1x185 lbs

215 lbs is 20 lbs less than my best squat without a belt, but this was my absolute max, the 235 lbs was not at the time

Overhead Press
up to 1x105 lbs barely made it.
10x75 lbs

this was also 20 lbs less than my best somehow lol,
Goob

Postby Adena » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:24 am

I missed you! :)

I hope the new job is going well, although the schedule sounds brutal for your diet. Protein shakes have been my friend lately for the same reason.
Adena

Postby Goob » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:27 pm

[quote="Adena"]I missed you! :)

I hope the new job is going well, although the schedule sounds brutal for your diet. Protein shakes have been my friend lately for the same reason.

Well, i had to give you some time to pass me up on squats :P

Laziness is more brutal on my diet than my schedule. It took me a long time to get my diet under control with my old schedule, and now that it's changed I haven't been trying really. I don't like eating so it's a lot of work for me to eat several times a day, every day. I probably will be on a mostly protein shake and pumpkin pie based diet for a little while since it's way easier and I'm still going to be spending way too much time playing planetside 2.
Goob

Postby Adena » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:20 am

[quote="Goob"][quote="Adena"]I missed you! :)

Laziness is more brutal on my diet than my schedule. It took me a long time to get my diet under control with my old schedule, and now that it's changed I haven't been trying really. I don't like eating so it's a lot of work for me to eat several times a day, every day. I probably will be on a mostly protein shake and pumpkin pie based diet for a little while since it's way easier and I'm still going to be spending way too much time playing planetside 2.

:lol: I'm sure you'll catch up again in no time! Hm, pumpkin pie and protein shake based diet? I'm going to have to try that.
Adena

Postby Goob » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:55 pm

[quote="Adena"][quote="Goob"][quote="Adena"]I missed you! :)

:lol: I'm sure you'll catch up again in no time! Hm, pumpkin pie and protein shake based diet? I'm going to have to try that.

It's good, sure to get you squatting 225 lbs for reps :lol:
Goob

Postby Goob » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:19 pm

Haven't been to the gym for like two weeks because I've been sick but decided i needed to post something here anyway. I'm feeling lots better, but still not 100%. I'll be off work by 10-11 in the morning a few days a week the rest of the year, so will have plenty of time to get some lifting in now. Have a fridge full of tofu also, so eating is on it's way up as well.
Goob

Postby Adena » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:29 pm

[quote="Goob"]Haven't been to the gym for like two weeks because I've been sick but decided i needed to post something here anyway. I'm feeling lots better, but still not 100%. I'll be off work by 10-11 in the morning a few days a week the rest of the year, so will have plenty of time to get some lifting in now. Have a fridge full of tofu also, so eating is on it's way up as well.

A fridge full of tofu is a good start! Feel better soon! :D
Adena

Postby Goob » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:41 pm

So, things have not been going to plan at all this year. I have only been to the gym a few times since January and am very skinny and weak.

Bodyweight: 169 lbs /76.5 kg :oops:

I can't afford a gym membership right now, but I will hopefully be able to soon. I might have to wait till the first of the year when I start a new job though, but at least it's not as long as it has been.
Goob

Postby sergio » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:12 pm

Hey Goob, long time no see. Hope you resume your training soon.
I accidentally replaced all of my blood with coffee.
sergio

PreviousNext

Return to Training Logs