Goobs log, Now with video!!!

A place for vegan athletes from all levels and sports to keep their training journals.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Re: Goobs log, Now with video!!!

Postby Goob » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:14 pm

wasn't planning on going to the gym today, but was sore and decided max front squat was just the thing I needed :mrgreen:

8/14/2012
Front Squat
10xbar
5x95 lbs
5x135 lbs
5x155 lbs
3x175 lbs
1x190 lbs
1x205 lbs
[quote="Mikhail Koklyaev"]Benedikt he is deadlift god , I'm only amateur
Goob

Postby Goob » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:52 pm

been very busy the last week and not keeping up with my log :oops:

Some squats and front squats done last week, some bench and overhead pressing, and tons of cleans on friday. Did like 8 sets of doubles at 105 lbs, one from the floor then one from below the knee. Started out pretty good in my very biased and unknowledgeable opinion :mrgreen: , but turned to shit the last few sets. Was having trouble not power cleaning toward the end and overall just bad technique I think.

shoulders were aching this morning, but after I got them warmed up they felt okay.

8/23/2012
Bench
10xbar
10x75 lbs
5x100 lbs
5x10x120 lbs :lol: nearly vomited on this actually, was tough

Squat
10xbar
10x95 lbs
5x135 lbs
2x185 lbs
3x5x205 lbs

Pretty happy with this. Stance is a lot narrower and feet are more straight than before, and not far off my best 3x5 with the wider stance. Still not quite as vertical as I'd like to be, but better than before I think.

also did a few sets of 5 pullups spread around randomly as I walked past the pull up bars
Goob

Postby Goob » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:12 pm

was busy yesterday, so just some front squats

8/24/2012
Front Squat
10xbar
10x95 lbs
5x135 lbs
5x155 lbs
5x165 lbs
5x175 lbs

pull ups wide grip on coke can sized cross beam of the shitty squat rack
3x5 just barely

and a million reps on the pulldown machine

upper back sore a fuck right now

will try to get some cleans and some overhead stuff today, but will be a quick session again so will see what I can fit in.
Goob

Postby Goob » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:39 pm

fell asleep before i made it to the gym friday so didn't get anything done.

8/27/2012
Bench
10xbar
10x75 lbs
5x100 lbs
3x10x130 lbs
1x8x130 lbs failed 9th on chest
1x6x130 lbs failed 7th on chest

Overhead Press power clean each set
10xbar
10x65 lbs
5x85 lbs
3x85 lbs power clean only

exhausted at this point so just went home

Training will be getting better soon because I officially got the job I was expecting and will have a more stable schedule. Just have to wait for paperwork to go through to get my start date.

Also, bodyweight up to 186.6 lbs (~84.8 kg) 3.5 lbs from a new bodyweight pb, so pretty excited, seems I've only managed to grow a huge ass though because I'm having trouble fitting in size 34 jeans with a 32 inch waist :lol:
Goob

Postby Adena » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:12 pm

[quote="Goob"]fell asleep before i made it to the gym friday so didn't get anything done.

8/27/2012
Bench
10xbar
10x75 lbs
5x100 lbs
3x10x130 lbs
1x8x130 lbs failed 9th on chest
1x6x130 lbs failed 7th on chest

Overhead Press power clean each set
10xbar
10x65 lbs
5x85 lbs
3x85 lbs power clean only

exhausted at this point so just went home

Training will be getting better soon because I officially got the job I was expecting and will have a more stable schedule. Just have to wait for paperwork to go through to get my start date.

Also, bodyweight up to 186.6 lbs (~84.8 kg) 3.5 lbs from a new bodyweight pb, so pretty excited, seems I've only managed to grow a huge ass though because I'm having trouble fitting in size 34 jeans with a 32 inch waist :lol:

Sounds like a squattin' ass to me! :D Good luck with the new job, too. A more stable schedule sounds nice. This comes with a pay raise, right?
Adena

Postby Goob » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:41 pm

[quote="Adena"]
Sounds like a squattin' ass to me! :D Good luck with the new job, too. A more stable schedule sounds nice. This comes with a pay raise, right?

Just need the squatting legs and torso to go with it and I'll be set :mrgreen:

Job is ~60% of the pay but ~30% of the hours and a stepping stone to a massive pay raise and an opportunity to move to some random place in the next 6 months or so. I'm still going to be doing other work as well, but it will greatly increase my free time and give me more wiggle room in my budget for extra food, so it's pretty nice. Just a pain in the ass having to go through all this red tape after I've already been offered the job and accepted it. Have to wait on drug test and background check results before I can start now because I could be a drug addict and a thief :roll:
Goob

Postby Adena » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:29 pm

[quote="Goob"][quote="Adena"]

Job is ~60% of the pay but ~30% of the hours and a stepping stone to a massive pay raise and an opportunity to move to some random place in the next 6 months or so. I'm still going to be doing other work as well, but it will greatly increase my free time and give me more wiggle room in my budget for extra food, so it's pretty nice. Just a pain in the ass having to go through all this red tape after I've already been offered the job and accepted it. Have to wait on drug test and background check results before I can start now because I could be a drug addict and a thief :roll:

:lol: I always thought you seemed like the type with a record!

I hope it really is a stepping stone to something better and they're not just trying to swindle you. I tend to be a bit negative about working for The Man, though, but hopefully your situation is a lot better than mine.
Adena

Postby Goob » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:50 pm

[quote="Adena"][quote="Goob"][quote="Adena"]

:lol: I always thought you seemed like the type with a record!

I hope it really is a stepping stone to something better and they're not just trying to swindle you. I tend to be a bit negative about working for The Man, though, but hopefully your situation is a lot better than mine.

I worked for the company before for almost 5 years, so I know all their tricks. It's the sort of company that treats their employees like garbage, but pays them well enough to keep them from seriously looking for another job. And, they prefer to promote someone within the company than to hire someone new for the better paying jobs. They have a very in depth screening process because even the lowest person on the pay scale has access to high priority accounts with millions in sales. So, it's better for them to promote someone from part time than to have an important position sit open for several weeks while someone new is being screened. The part time jobs essentially exist to keep someone on retainer in case somebody quits or dies. It also keeps them from having to pay someone else the equivalent of $16-18/hour to alphabetize things.

I've been working for myself the past few years for less than minimum wage, no benefits package, and very few days off. A lot of weeks I not only don't make money, but actually lose money. Working for "the man" sucks, but it's not possible to start an honest business without lots of luck, some other income, or enough money to float it for several years till it's successful enough to make a living.

Not, been logging training because it's been pretty well shit. Not sleeping much, so just tired all the time.

Squats
2x10xbar
5x95 lbs
5x135 lbs
5x185 lbs
5x205 lbs
5x225 lbs better than previous times I've done 5x225, but it should be since I'm 10+ lbs heavier
1x250 lbs
Fx270 lbs wanted this so bad, but just couldn't get past sticking point. Face went all tingly

Overhead Press power clean from just below the knee each set
10xbar
5x65 lbs
5x85 lbs
5x95 lbs
Fx115 lbs then one push press

just exhausted so left.
Goob

Postby Lordmuppet » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:20 pm

[quote="Goob"][quote="Adena"]

major congrats! don't really understand about the pay/time cut but it wounds like a positive thing! :)
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby Adena » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:06 pm

Meh. Well. At least you know all their tricks. Take care of yourself, you're sounding a little depressed.
Adena

Postby Goob » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:18 pm

[quote="Lordmuppet"]

major congrats! don't really understand about the pay/time cut but it wounds like a positive thing! :)

Well, i've been working some 70-80 hours a week, this job is only 20 hours a week, so a lot less time working. But, the pay rate is higher so the overall pay is 60%. I'm cutting out the low $/hr segments of my business, so I will be able to make a bit more money overall while still working half as much.

[quote="Adena"]Meh. Well. At least you know all their tricks. Take care of yourself, you're sounding a little depressed.

Not depressed, just tired. I've been working a lot more to try to get some money saved up since it will take a bit to completely work out my new business model after I start this job.

Have one last meeting tomorrow morning then I'm officially hired though, so it's finally going somewhere. I start next monday at 6:00.
Goob

Postby Adena » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:24 pm

Yay!
Adena

Postby Goob » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:06 pm

I get side tracked from this log too easily it seems :lol: . Training and eating have been terrible this week, so wasting away to nothing. I'm down to 182 lbs (82.5 kg) :oops:

Also, have been working out of town, but will not be going more than ~15 miles from my house this coming week, so I may actually log what I'm doing instead of coming home and taking a nap :mrgreen:
Goob

Postby Adena » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:58 pm

The new job must be keeping you busy, then!
Adena

Postby Goob » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:50 pm

[quote="Adena"]The new job must be keeping you busy, then!

Just the first week was ridiculous because of all the driving. It should be pretty slow now till november I think. I've got 3 days off in a row actually :o Well, 3 days off the new job.

My schedule is not as good as it was supposed to be though. I do all the stuff with the music and movies in best buy, and they just decided they don't want people working in the store till 8:00, so I don't get home till later than I'd planned. I'm going to be getting more hours though, so the money will work out better, but my business will pretty much have to be shut down. That's fine though, since it's a very shaky business and I won't have to deal with creepy old men trying to get me to have sex with them anymore.

I'm not sure if I've ever said what I do on here before, but if you've ever seen the show "american pickers" that's based on the sort of work I've been doing. I bought things for some antique dealers (the creepy old guys) a few second hand stores, and would buy and sell off contract cell phones, computers, old toys, video games and gold and silver coins and jewelry. The show isn't very realistic though, mostly you deal with people trying to rip you off or sell you stolen property.

Anyway, yesterday was feeling lazy, so just did some front squats

10xbar
10x95 lbs
5x135 lbs
5x145 lbs
5x155 lbs
5x165 lbs
3x175 lbs failed on 4th
2x175 lbs

Today was just as lazy

did a bunch of sets of 3 snatches with an empty bar and some behind the neck snatch grip presses as a warmup

Overhead Press power clean first rep
10xbar
5x65 lbs
5x75 lbs
5x85 lbs
5x95 lbs
3x3x100 lbs missed 4th on every set :x

did some full cleans from just below the knees after each set as well, was not very good today
Goob

PreviousNext

Return to Training Logs