cutting weight to a competition

Any queries about vegan diet, nutrition, dieting, bulking and healthy eating in general. Diets and food from vegan perspective.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Re: cutting weight to a competition

Postby ninearms » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:36 am

[quote="Lordmuppet"]Have no desire to be less than 67.5kg for it's own sake.

Isn't that exactly what you're doing though?

Is the QT at 75 really only 180??? Are you sure you're looking at the men's QTs???
“Begin at the beginning,” the King said gravely, “and go on till you come to the end. Then stop.”
ninearms
Perked Member

Postby Lordmuppet » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:19 am

[quote="ninearms"][quote="Lordmuppet"]Have no desire to be less than 67.5kg for it's own sake.

Isn't that exactly what you're doing though?

Is the QT at 75 really only 180??? Are you sure you're looking at the men's QTs???

I have a desire to carry less fat/get rid of moobs which isn't the same thing as wanting to be below 67.5kg for it's own sake (i.e. happy being heavier if there is less fat than there was before). The idea is to clean bulk after hitting 67.5kg/getting rid of the moobs.

yep it's mens. women have different weight categories for some reason i can't grasp.

see here http://www.bdfpa.co.uk/qualifying/british.pdf

Total quals (unequpped)

67.5 417.5
75 457.5

women's seems bizzarely low at 50kg for 70kg bw class

I was originally going to try to get as close as possible to the 67.5kg total (would have been a bit of a miracle reach given all PBs are at 400 ish) at Scottish Nationals (Full Power) but was a muppet and sent in membership request too late hence switching to the push/pull.
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby tal » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:21 am

[quote="JP"]i think you guys left out one reason to cut weight to a comp: a personal challenge and a fun thing to try out :)

perfectly legit!

That is true. I experimented for my last comp with water/CHO manipulation and it worked well. Plan on doing the same thing for my next comp in November, where the plan will be to go from around 77-78kg back to around 73kg.

[quote="ninearms"]Is the QT at 75 really only 180??? Are you sure you're looking at the men's QTs???

It's legit. It's just a really, really, small federation.

GBPF qualifier for 74kg is 475kg, which implies for most people at least a 200kg deadlift minimum, unless you have a beastly bench press.
tal

Postby Lordmuppet » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:17 am

yeah was writing last post running out the door.

On second thoughts ninearms is partly right

it's partly about cutting fat for me and partly about an arbitrary personal challenge (like JP said) to hit a national qual lift for it's own sake which I think is cool and ninearms finds it harder to get excited about ;)

Oh and Talyn might do GBPF when i get close to actually getting national qualifying total as I imagine their nationals will be bigger/more fun on account of being IPF.

Had been told by Chewy that GBPF had to cancel a divisional meet up here due to lack of people which is why I've gone with BDFPA for now. Didn't know at the time that GBPF was the IPF affiliate though so I'll try to find out how many people they are getting for meets up here. Membership for BDFPA runs out in Dec anyway
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Previous

Return to Vegan Diets, Nutrition and Healthy Eating