New vegan cafe in Kings Heath, Birmingham

Travel and location information for vegans, restaurant, hotel, B&B etc reviews. If you want to meet people from some area, post here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

New vegan cafe in Kings Heath, Birmingham

Postby Herbsman » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:01 pm

Herbsman

Re: New vegan cafe in Kings Heath, Birmingham

Postby Rochellita » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:55 am

Great news :-) anyone eaten there yet?
Rochellita
Site Admin

Postby JohnBarleycorn » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:39 pm

I tried this place today.

Its in an indoor market type building, but the place is half empty. Lots of vacant units.

The menu is pretty good. Lots of cafe type things. Breakfasts with scrambled tofu instead of eggs, vegan sausages etc.

A range of burgers, chips etc

Mock fish and chips, and various mock meat pies and pasties.

Mini doughnuts, cakes and muffins too.

I had the combo burger, which was quite good, and chips and onion rings. I'm not training at the moment, so thought I'd eat some junk. It was all quite good, but not amazing !

I did notice there was a carton of long-life UHT milk in the fridge. But all the drinks are made with soya milk.

I'd go again, if I was in the area. It was pretty good, and nice to see a new venture like this in the Birmingham suburbs. It wasn't amazing, but for cafe type food, it was fine !
I eat to nourish my compassion, not my greed

I'm the man they couldn't kill ! I cannot be destroyed with conventional weapons !

And probably the former fastest British Vegan 10, 25 and 50 mile TT rider. Probably.
JohnBarleycorn

Postby Hiking Fox » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:16 am

I got sent this:

A new vegan Cafe has opened in Kings Heath Birmingham selling delicious homecooked foods!
Th KPL cafe can be found at Unit 4, 74-76 High Street, Kings Heath. There are a range of tasty foods including pizzas , pies, a variety of veggie burgers and scrumptious cakes and desserts. They also supply frozen ready meals. KPL's meals are very reasonably priced too! Opening times are 9am-6pm, Monday to Saturday. Check them out for great homecooked food.

I'll ask a Brummie friend who has recently turned vegan to go check the place out.
Hiking Fox

Postby Stilestrider » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:16 pm

Unfortunately the KPL Vegan Cafe (Kings Heath, Birmingham) closed down in 2011. Try Veged Out Cafe in the City centre (near the Town Hall) or the Warehouse Cafe, Digbeth.

G.
Stilestrider

Return to Travel, Locations and Reviews