VPure now nuique.com

Any queries about vegan diet, nutrition, dieting, bulking and healthy eating in general. Diets and food from vegan perspective.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Foods4life NOT an employee of Nuique

Postby Lordmuppet » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:30 pm

from Nuique

XXXX,

We are not associated with Food4life , he doesn’t represent us and is not on our payroll.

Thanks,
XXXX

just to remind people that (as per thread title) Nuique are the manufacturers of V-Pure
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Re: VPure now nuique.com

Postby beforewisdom » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:59 pm

That doesn't make sense. Yes, I've seen people not on the payroll of a company, shill for a company. You see fanboys in forums about computer hardware and software all of the time. You even see "fanboys" for particular diet book authors, but a fanboy for a vegan EPA supplement?
Last edited by beforewisdom on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beforewisdom

Postby Hiking Fox » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:04 pm

Do Nuique also distance themselves from the comments made by the spammer?
Hiking Fox

VPure now nuique.com

Postby ninearms » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:33 pm

[quote="Hiking Fox"]Do Nuique also distance themselves from the comments made by the spammer?

Surely you can only distance yourself from comments made by someone you actually have some sort of relationship with?
“Begin at the beginning,” the King said gravely, “and go on till you come to the end. Then stop.”
ninearms
Perked Member

Postby foodsforlife » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:41 pm

Just to put the record straight.........

1) I do not work for NuIQue but I do sell their product because it's a good quality value for money DHA product
2) NuIQue are a small independent company set up by one of the original team that started V Pure back in 2006
3) They do not have a 'street team'
4) Accusations of Spam for posts, once or twice a month, on topic, and usually in response to a flame post are unfair
5) This thread started by swearing and insults at 'NuIQue' , and promoting Omega Zen I didn't think that was right
6) I've spent over 20 years of my life promoting veganism to the masses and trying to dispel the popular myth that vegans are all semantic pedantic fruitloops. Working at grassroots I've had the misfortune to meet more than my fair share of vegans who are desperate to perpetuate the status quo of percieved extreemism and trying to reserve Veganism as a quirky cult for social misfits.
7) I have never met anyone from Vegan Fitness who fits this negative stereotype and on the contrary am impressed by the 8,00 strong membership gathered in the quest to prove to the world that veganism can be just as much about health and fitness as animal welfare and least harm.

But if the cap fits.......... Just remember that Mr Nice Guy on a motorbike Tal Ronnen, by impressing Oprah Winfrey , turned more people on to veganism in a few days than any fruitloop with their insults, paranoia, accusations, holier than thou threats and throwing their balls out of the pram could in 70 years

At the heart of Veganism is tolerance, pacifism, and a sense of practicality and humility

I'm not sure if angry, abusive, frustrated people are drawn to veganism because they think it gives them an excuse for unsociable behaviour - or through a nutrient deficient diet they become so - Either way I believe B Vitamins, zinc and essential omega 3 fats are an important preventative measure.

Quite frankly I don't care where you buy them from, pay more elsewhere if you want to but do consider a regular source as they are not named essential fats for no reason.

PEACE ^ HAPPINESS ^ HEALTH
foodsforlife

Postby beforewisdom » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:47 pm

No disrespect dude, but your attitude sounds a bit like what you are criticizing.

I think if you didn't post your last post you would look better than you do now. I think if you would have simply apologized -- the way most people without "the vegan attitude" you describe would -- that you would have been golden.

People on VF identify with being vegan. I don't think it is good business sense to insult potential customers. Many people have autistic relatives these days. Even if you don't care about other people it will probably help you financially and socially to get out of the habit of using that term as an insult.

No offense meant
beforewisdom

Postby Hiking Fox » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:37 am

[quote="foodsforlife"]Just to put the record straight.........
4) Accusations of Spam for posts, once or twice a month, on topic, and usually in response to a flame post are unfair

Are you here to participate in this forum (in which case it is a good idea to post an intro thread and actually participate), or do you see this forum as a handy means by which you can promote a product that you make money from?

If it the former, fair enough, post an intro, join in fully and this unpleasantness will pass. Having the good grace to apologise for annoying quite a few people would also earn you kudos points.

If it is the latter, it is fair enough to describe your actions as spamming.

I would personally appreciate it if you'd apologise for using the word "autistic" as an insult, and explain what you mean by "fruitloops", though I've a feeling that you're not going to.

I work with people with learning difficulties and mental health issues and have come across a number of animal rights, environmental and other activists over the years who seem unable to show tolerance and inclusiveness towards those who aren't as academic and articulate as they are. I have to say that this attitude sets veganism back a lot more than people getting frustrated if a formerly-vegan company starts selling animal products.

If you've been a campaigner for 20 years, then brilliant. Maybe you could share your experiences about loads of stuff via this forum and be an active participant? It's be a lot more use than casting insults at us.
Hiking Fox

Postby foodsforlife » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:47 pm

[quote]Are you here to participate in this forum (in which case it is a good idea to post an intro thread and actually participate), or do you see this forum as a handy means by which you can promote a product that you make money from?

I've been a member since 2006. I posted on this thread because someone called an innovative ethical company I admire and respect - 'Fucking Bastards' and was spuriously suggesting omega zen was a superior product

[quote]
If it the former, fair enough, post an intro, join in fully and this unpleasantness will pass. Having the good grace to apologise for annoying quite a few people would also earn you kudos points.

I'm sorry I annoyed quite a few people, in particular you when I used the word autistic.

[quote]I would personally appreciate it if you'd apologise for using the word "autistic" as an insult, and explain what you mean by "fruitloops", though I've a feeling that you're not going to.

I apologise for using the word Autistic. I meant semantic pedantic and as requested changed it as soon asI was aware. By Fruitloops I mean foolish, illogical, misguided.

[quote]I work with people with learning difficulties and mental health issues

I work, live and play with people with ASD, special educational needs and mental health issues - probably why I don't view 'Autistic' as an insult rather as an irrefutable state of being

[quote]
If you've been a campaigner for 20 years, then brilliant. Maybe you could share your experiences about loads of stuff via this forum and be an active participant? It's be a lot more use than casting insults at us.

I don't post more because the majority of people on vegan fitness are vegan and far more learned and eloquant than I and I prefer not to preach to the converted.

If by 'us' you mean the Vegan Fitness Forum community, that's an assumption, incorrect and unfair on fellow members for whom I have the greatest admiration

If by 'us' you mean you identify with the elitist clique who are witlessly determined to thwart the spread of worldwide veganism by arguing amongst themselves about half empty glasses then I'm sorry you feel that way

That last vegan boat left when the vegan society decided to allow 'may contain milk' alongside the ('maybe') Vegan Trademark. Journalists now ubiquitously use the word vegan when once they didn't dare.

Veganism has now taken on a life of it's own, it's shareware, the lid is off Pandora's box and now presidents and senators and even ear biting boxers proudly describe themselves as vegan. Vegan is now a high street thing (Lush, Shakeaway), a supermarket thing, an everyday beans on toast and chips thing.

Meanwhile for vegan wannabe superheroes there is Vegan Omega 3 DHA and EPA essential fatty acids
foodsforlife

Postby beforewisdom » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:15 am

[quote="foodsforlife"][quote]Are you here to participate in this forum (in which case it is a good idea to post an intro thread and actually participate), or do you see this forum as a handy means by which you can promote a product that you make money from?

I've been a member since 2006. I posted on this thread because someone called an innovative ethical company I admire and respect - 'Fucking Bastards' and was spuriously suggesting omega zen was a superior product

Years ago vPure/nuique was the only vegan source of EPA. I was grateful for that offering and out of that gratitude I started this thread to announce their name change so people could find them.

To be fair, I mentioned that I have since moved on to their competitors, since given my location in the U.S., I was getting a better deal elsewhere.

Another person called nuique, "Fucking Bastards" as you claim, so you will have to take that up with someone else. I do stick by my claim that I can get what nuique offers cheaper elsewhere.

Since you are apologizing to Hiking Fox for using the word "autistic" in a pejorative context, perhaps you will apologize to me for writing that I am making spurious statements.

Here goes my breakdown, as a shopper from the United States.

Nuique offers a "buy 2 get 1 free" deal. Since they have done so ever since I bought from them my comparisons are based on what you pay and you get for 3 bottles. Results of my shopping trip are listed in ascending order by price. foodsforlife previously mentioned differences in quality to account for price differences. foodsforlife may care to reiterate those quality differences here and let people decide for themselves if those differences are worth the higher price

OVega at Amazon U.S.
http://www.amazon.com/Amerifit-Nutritio ... sbs_misc_1
$14.87 per bottle, 60 capsules per bottle
1 capsule EPA - 130mg DHA - 320mg
$44.61 for 3 bottles
$2.97 total shipping
$47.58 total: 3 bottles: 180 capsules: EPA 23,400 mg DHA 57,600 mg

Nuique at their site
http://www.nuique.com/omega3/
$29.15 per bottle, 40 capsules per bottle
Buy 2 bottles, get the third for free
1 capsule EPA - 50mg DHA - 200mg
$7.50 total shipping
$65.80 total: 3 bottles: 120 capsules: EPA: 6,000 mg DHA 24,000 mg

Omega 3 Zen at Vegan Essentials ( a U.S. based mail order site )
http://store.veganessentials.com/o-mega ... p3403.aspx
$22.95 per bottle, 40 capsules per bottle
1 capsule EPA - 100mg DHA - 200 mg
$68.85 for 3 bottles
$6.95 total shipping
$75.80 total: 3 bottles: 120 capsules: EPA: 12,000 mg DHA 24,000 mg

Note: Different Americans may get slightly different results as various online companies
these days offer different prices by location of the user, browser and operating
system.
Last edited by beforewisdom on Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
beforewisdom

Postby tal » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:57 am

^^^ These are all fair points.

I agree my post at the beginning of the thread was harsh and unfounded. I no longer think that about Nuique and I am sorry for the part it played in kicking off things in this thread.

Unfortunatley because my lovely post has since been quoted a bunch of times, I can't simply go back and edit my response without deleting half the thread. So it will remain as a lesson for myself and hopefully for everyone else to think a bit more before clicking submit. :)

/sheepishness
tal

Postby Hiking Fox » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:26 pm

[quote="foodsforlife"]I work, live and play with people with ASD, special educational needs and mental health issues - probably why I don't view 'Autistic' as an insult rather as an irrefutable state of being

Thanks for this clarification. It did come across as if you were using the word as an insult, like many people do, to mean stubborn and deliberately lacking in social skills. Type of a screen, especially when typed quickly, doesn't really convey tone and intention very well. I have offended plenty of people over the years, so I know this only too well.

[quote]If by 'us' you mean the Vegan Fitness Forum community, that's an assumption, incorrect and unfair on fellow members for whom I have the greatest admiration

Yes, that is what I assumed.

[quote]If by 'us' you mean you identify with the elitist clique who are witlessly determined to thwart the spread of worldwide veganism by arguing amongst themselves about half empty glasses then I'm sorry you feel that way

No I didn't think that. You get elitism in any movement or group (even sports clubs), and there's nothing special about veganism when it comes to point-scoring or eccentric ideas being forthrightly expressed by people who believe that the right to express their opinion is the right to be right.

If you posted on here a lot, you'd soon see that raw fooders who go on about enzymes, people who go on about conscious eating, homeopathy etc. etc. get the piss taken out of them or exasperated responses on a regular basis. There isn't much encouragement of "hippyism" on VF!

[quote]That last vegan boat left when the vegan society decided to allow 'may contain milk' alongside the ('maybe') Vegan Trademark. Journalists now ubiquitously use the word vegan when once they didn't dare.

This was an excellent decision by the VS that has made it so much easier for food companies to cater for us.

Anyway, I appreciate the apology and clarification, thank you. If I ever really piss you off, please tell me and I will either apologise when I have chilled out, or be a stubborn egotist. Or a hypocrite. :D

[quote]Meanwhile for vegan wannabe superheroes there is Vegan Omega 3 DHA and EPA essential fatty acids

I take them as a supplement because I want to try them out for 6 months or so, to see whether I feel any different. However I have yet to see any peer-reviewed scientific evidence that we cannot convert dietary omega 3 to all the DHA and EPA we need. It just seems like a theory to me. Would you care to provide some evidence (in a new thread, please?) as I and I'm sure many others would be genuinely interested. Right now, I do kinda feel like I'm being ripped off.
Hiking Fox

Postby Nuique » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:34 am

[quote]Years ago vPure/nuique was the only vegan source of EPA. I was grateful for that offering and out of that gratitude I started this thread to announce their name change so people could find them.

To be fair, I mentioned that I have since moved on to their competitors, since given my location in the U.S., I was getting a better deal elsewhere.

Another person called nuique, "Fucking Bastards" as you claim, so you will have to take that up with someone else. I do stick by my claim that I can get what nuique offers cheaper elsewhere.

Since you are apologizing to Hiking Fox for using the word "autistic" in a pejorative context, perhaps you will apologize to me for writing that I am making spurious statements.

Here goes my breakdown, as a shopper from the United States.

Nuique offers a "buy 2 get 1 free" deal. Since they have done so ever since I bought from them my comparisons are based on what you pay and you get for 3 bottles. Results of my shopping trip are listed in ascending order by price. foodsforlife previously mentioned differences in quality to account for price differences. foodsforlife may care to reiterate those quality differences here and let people decide for themselves if those differences are worth the higher price

OVega at Amazon U.S.
http://www.amazon.com/Amerifit-Nutritio ... sbs_misc_1
$14.87 per bottle, 60 capsules per bottle
1 capsule EPA - 130mg DHA - 320mg
$44.61 for 3 bottles
$2.97 total shipping
$47.58 total: 3 bottles: 180 capsules: EPA 23,400 mg DHA 57,600 mg

Nuique at their site
http://www.nuique.com/omega3/
$29.15 per bottle, 40 capsules per bottle
Buy 2 bottles, get the third for free
1 capsule EPA - 50mg DHA - 200mg
$7.50 total shipping
$65.80 total: 3 bottles: 120 capsules: EPA: 6,000 mg DHA 24,000 mg

Omega 3 Zen at Vegan Essentials ( a U.S. based mail order site )
http://store.veganessentials.com/o-mega ... p3403.aspx
$22.95 per bottle, 40 capsules per bottle
1 capsule EPA - 100mg DHA - 200 mg
$68.85 for 3 bottles
$6.95 total shipping
$75.80 total: 3 bottles: 120 capsules: EPA: 12,000 mg DHA 24,000 mg

Note: Different Americans may get slightly different results as various online companies
these days offer different prices by location of the user, browser and operating
system.

I wouldn't normally get involved again at this point with all the mud slinging that's been going on, fortunately, from what I can now see all appears to have calmed down and everyone's happy again??

I am only back here as the post by beforewisdom is wrong about the concentrations levels of Nuique omega -3 , it's 60 capsules , not 40 per pack so the EPA and DHA levels are much higher than what has been stated.

Also when you compare these kind of OM3 supplements you need to look at the ingredients list and size of capsule. Our supplement has very little naturally occurring omega 6 - there is far too much OM6 in the average diet and it's competes with the absorption of OM3 within the body, our capsules are very small and highly concentrated OM3, also we don't add additional OM6 in the form of sunflower oil or lecithin.

Many algae oils contain large amounts of naturally occurring OM6 and saturated fat. Generally, you wont always find specifics on the OM6 content on labels as consumers are waking up to this, but if a capsule is 1000mg in size and 600 mg is DHA & EPA , then what the other 400mg? OM6, OM9, saturated fat?

I am posting a couple of links, and I apologize for the fact that they are plugging fish oil supplements (nothing to do with us) but they great articles about 'complete Omega' supplements / OM6 and why we should it. Too much OM6 is the reason for so many problems within society today, these include obesity, asthma, diabetes etc.

http://www.omegavia.com/omega-3-6-9/

here's another one http://www.unconventionalhealth.com/A-B ... ega-6.html

Another good source on info on OM6 is a book called the devils fat by Robert Brown, there's also a lot more info on this subject now, simply Google too much Omega 6. I actually think there's a big story here.
Nuique

Postby Lordmuppet » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:56 am

thanks for that Nuique! :)

Just to clarify: I invited (so please no accusations of spam) Nuique to post because serious accusations were made about the company and VF wanted to allow them the right of reply.
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Previous

Return to Vegan Diets, Nutrition and Healthy Eating