Got me some new minimalist running shoes...

For all kinds of running related discussions, from sprinting to marathon, training to equipment. Also the forum for international <a href="http://www.veganrunners.org">veganrunners.org</a> network.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Postby skoptic » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:40 am

OK .. I'll start by saying I'm not a barefoot wannabe new-age hippy. I think everyone should run in whatever they want & I never get injured in 'normal' trainers with my hefty heel strike . I just think a bit less cushioning = more feedback from feet = probably a change in form = worth giving it a go.

So I've had five fingers for years, but just got me some new shoes which are really nice, zero heel drop, but have about 1mm of EVA cushioning and look like a normal shoe. I think anyone looking to transition or try moving to mid / forefoot might be interested :)

Merrel Trail Glove

(p.s. got 'em 2nd hand on eBay without jazzing £85 up the wall, but now I've tried them, I'd probably pay that much)
skoptic
Facebook Admin

Re: Got me some new minimalist running shoes...

Postby xrodolfox » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:49 pm

I got those a few months ago. I have two pairs now. They're my favorite practice shoes.
"The worker has the right to leave his boss, but can she do it? And if she does quit him, is it in order to lead a free life; where she will have no master but herself? No, she leaves to sell herself to another employer. She's driven by the same hunger. Thus the worker's liberty is only a theoretical freedom, lacking any means of realization; an utter falsehood."
-Bakunin
xrodolfox
Site Admin

Postby skoptic » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:01 pm

[quote="xrodolfox"]I got those a few months ago. I have two pairs now. They're my favorite practice shoes.

what you practising? :?:
skoptic
Facebook Admin

Postby xrodolfox » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:41 pm

triathlons
"The worker has the right to leave his boss, but can she do it? And if she does quit him, is it in order to lead a free life; where she will have no master but herself? No, she leaves to sell herself to another employer. She's driven by the same hunger. Thus the worker's liberty is only a theoretical freedom, lacking any means of realization; an utter falsehood."
-Bakunin
xrodolfox
Site Admin

Postby Prime » Tue May 22, 2012 2:41 am

I'm thinking about getting a pair of these. I have some five fingers and love them but want something a little more protective for the trails I run. How do these hold up on rough, gravel surfaces?
Prime

Postby xrodolfox » Tue May 22, 2012 1:29 pm

Pretty darn well.
-Bakunin
xrodolfox
Site Admin

Postby Prime » Tue May 22, 2012 10:29 pm

[quote="xrodolfox"]Pretty darn well.

Cool. Now I really want them.
Prime

Postby Nikko » Mon May 28, 2012 6:11 am

I just got a pair of Brooks pure connect, I love them. They're sort of an in between shoe - not quite as severe as a full on minimalist shoe but still gives a lot of feedback.
Nikko

Postby lobsteriffic » Mon May 28, 2012 3:37 pm

My husband just picked up a pair of the Merrell Bare Access. He was looking at the Trail Glove, but they didn't have his size and he ended up really liking the Bare Access.
lobsteriffic

Postby ninearms » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:53 pm

Got my Trail Gloves a couple of days ago. Did my first trail run in them this afternoon, just after a horrendous thunderstorm so the ground was soaking. They are awesome. Most comfortable shoes I own, for running or not. For really steep, muddy trails I'll still wear my Salomons, but for everything else these will be my first choice every time.
“Begin at the beginning,” the King said gravely, “and go on till you come to the end. Then stop.”
ninearms
Perked Member

Postby skoptic » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:16 pm

[quote="ninearms"]Got my Trail Gloves a couple of days ago. Did my first trail run in them this afternoon, just after a horrendous thunderstorm so the ground was soaking. They are awesome. Most comfortable shoes I own, for running or not. For really steep, muddy trails I'll still wear my Salomons, but for everything else these will be my first choice every time.

Good work! Mmmmmm trail gloves, now I have 2 pairs :)

Bare Access sound interesting, I'll check them out.
skoptic
Facebook Admin

Postby Nikko » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:21 am

I wanna get a pair of these trail gloves now, I don't wanna use my brooks pure connects on trails coz I'll destroy them but I have no other running shoes at the moment. What's a good place for an Aussie to buy some?
Nikko

Postby Prime » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:41 am

They have them at Globe Trekker in West End, Brisbane for $129.00. http://www.globetrekker.com.au/
Prime

Return to Vegan Runners