Any HC/punks in here??

Music, movies, literature, art, poems...

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Any HC/punks in here??

Postby Nikko » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:28 am

I've gotta say that if it wasn't for the hardcore/punk scene, I wouldn't have discovered veganism......well actually I would have eventually but I wouldn't be as confident and sure of a lot of things if it wasn't for the influence if many people I consider role models from hardcore bands and the scene in general.

So can I get a shout out from the other tattooed misfit punks and hardcore kids workin their asses off stayin fit and setting an example to the world that the terms hardcore and compassionate are NOT mutually exclusive!!
Nikko

Re: Any HC/punks in here??

Postby soniczip » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:00 am

i think i'm not a kid anymore :D but i still listen to some old school: read 80's hc and some 90's. don't know much about the recent scene!
i'm focusing on some kind of stuff
soniczip

Any HC/punks in here??

Postby Nikko » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:10 am

80 and 90s hardcore is awesome especially the crossover thrash stuff like cro-mags!! Suicidal Tendencies and Sick of it all get me pretty psyched too.
Nikko

Postby Hiking Fox » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:14 am

I am very punk, but I don't dress like one!
Hiking Fox

Postby soniczip » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:36 am

Hiking Fox wrote:I am very punk, but I don't dress like one!

ur a foxpunk!!!
soniczip

Postby ninearms » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:25 pm

Punks is hippies.
“Begin at the beginning,” the King said gravely, “and go on till you come to the end. Then stop.”
ninearms
Perked Member

Postby Hiking Fox » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:56 pm

For me:

Hippies = People who go to India to "find themselves", listen to music with lots of chanting in it, talk quietly because aggression is bad, and think crystals and homoeopathy can heal you. Often have made-up food allergies.

Punx = People who try to do everything themselves, enjoy hanging out in squat cafés and benefit gigs, listen to music with lots of shouting in it, and tend to rage about stuff a lot. Eat pretty much everything, especially if salvaged from a bin.

The common denominator is a tendency to be scruffy and to peel oneself off one's armpit each morning. However, on getting up, the hippies will do tai chi and the punx will run round the park with an equally scruffy dog, or eat a mountain of toast.
Hiking Fox

Postby ninearms » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:47 pm

Any true punk would have got the reference. ;)
“Begin at the beginning,” the King said gravely, “and go on till you come to the end. Then stop.”
ninearms
Perked Member

Postby soniczip » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:54 pm

soniczip

Postby ninearms » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:15 pm

ninearms
Perked Member

Postby xrodolfox » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:37 pm

I really encountered veganism and AR through the HC scene in the early 1990's.
I am still straight edge.

I have one small tattoo, and today I'm wearing slacks and a polo in an office.

However, I still think of myself as "punk" or at least "HC".
"The worker has the right to leave his boss, but can she do it? And if she does quit him, is it in order to lead a free life; where she will have no master but herself? No, she leaves to sell herself to another employer. She's driven by the same hunger. Thus the worker's liberty is only a theoretical freedom, lacking any means of realization; an utter falsehood."
-Bakunin
xrodolfox
Site Admin

Any HC/punks in here??

Postby Catt Queen » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:03 pm

Hiking Fox wrote:For me:

Hippies = People who go to India to "find themselves", listen to music with lots of chanting in it, talk quietly because aggression is bad, and think crystals and homoeopathy can heal you. Often have made-up food allergies.

Punx = People who try to do everything themselves, enjoy hanging out in squat cafés and benefit gigs, listen to music with lots of shouting in it, and tend to rage about stuff a lot. Eat pretty much everything, especially if salvaged from a bin.

The common denominator is a tendency to be scruffy and to peel oneself off one's armpit each morning. However, on getting up, the hippies will do tai chi and the punx will run round the park with an equally scruffy dog, or eat a mountain of toast.

Sounds like I am a mixture of the two... Image
Allie =^..^=
http://www.stronger.me.uk
Find me on Facebook
Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts.
That's what little girls are made of; to hell with sugar and spice.
Catt Queen

Postby Webb » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:13 pm

I became vegetarian separately from my involvement in punk, but there was some influence in me becoming vegan. It was mostly through a few friends, though, I don't really listen to 90's XVX style music or have any role models in the scene. While transitioning and I had essentially been vegan for a week or so, I made it official at an Earth Crisis show in May 2008.
Webb

Postby Hiking Fox » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:46 pm

The appalling grammar threw me; it should have read: "Punks are hippies"
Hiking Fox

Any HC/punks in here??

Postby Nikko » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:18 am

xrodolfox wrote:I really encountered veganism and AR through the HC scene in the early 1990's.
I am still straight edge.

I have one small tattoo, and today I'm wearing slacks and a polo in an office.

However, I still think of myself as "punk" or at least "HC".

Yeah I'm completely inkless at work also, long sleeves and trousers all day in the office in front of a computer screen. On the weekend I have lots of tattoos :) haha. I tend to think of being punk in terms listening to a lot of punk music, not liking punk fashion so much. My attire is generally understated even boring. I just love the way punk, hardcore, metalcore whatever makes me feel, energized ya know!!
Nikko

Next

Return to Culture