Hi from Wgtn, NZ!!!

Please introduce yourself here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Hi from Wgtn, NZ!!!

Postby M3F » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:15 am

Wow so stoked to have come across this forum. to make a long story as short as poss. 18 months ago my quite overweight non vegan self moved to sydney, quit smoking, took up running, got to a healthy weight through processed and crappy foods, came back to NZ, got social again. put lots of weight back on, stopped running as much, got grumpy, tried all kinds of things - raw, whole, clean, nothing ever stuck. i went vegan a few weeks ago and am determined to get back to running half marathon distance like i could mid/late last year before i put on 10kg really fast. Vent vegan a couple weeks ago due to the health benefits mostly. Any help for keeping me on track, losing the weight, getting my running better and being healthier would be hugely, hugely appreciated! Thanks heaps and nice to meet you all in advance.
M3F

Re: Hi from Wgtn, NZ!!!

Postby JP » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:53 pm

Welcome mate add always good to great someone going vegan. Most folk here are vegan for ethical reasons but many also strive to be as healthy as possible.

I am not one of them though ;)

Enjoy the forum!
JP
Site Admin

Postby Mr. Cleetus » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:03 pm

Welcome from Wellington. :)

Do you have a particular half in mind? There's some fantastic running around Wellington, especially if you like running offroad. Have you tried running with any of the organised groups around town? They can be fantastic for motivation.
Mr. Cleetus

Postby M3F » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:46 pm

I actually prefer running on my own. I have 2 toddlers, I'm at university part time, have 2 extra adults living in our house and do heaps of volunteer work so the time on my own is much preferred. I'm looking at the Armstrong half as it is still 9 weeks away, all else fails ill do the Lower Hutt one in October which is the last one i ran. i have kept running right through my weight gain at least a couple times a week but mostly under 5km so my base fitness should be okay to build on and survive.

I shy away from offroad since I run alone and also tend to avoid groups because of my weight and lack of fitness too. Im sure once i get back to where i was i might be more keen
M3F

Postby Mr. Cleetus » Tue May 01, 2012 9:46 pm

hah, hmm, I guess my advice is not so much use to you then :P Consider the group once you get some confidence up. Depending on the group there are often runners of all abilities, so no doubt you will be able to find others to run with at a pace you like. There will always be someone there to drag you out when the weather is like today and you don't want to go out.

Good luck with your training. You could always try starting a training log here to see if that gives you some motivation. You could also give one of the many available on line training programmes a go. There are endless free 1/2 marathon schedules you could download (across all abilities). Having such a schedule can also help with motivation. I suspect they must even have some on the Wellington half page.
Mr. Cleetus

Postby loveliberate » Fri May 18, 2012 2:08 am

Hello & Welcome! :D
“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." http://www.a-human-right.com - http://www.corneredcat.com - http://www.aware.org
loveliberate

Return to New member introductions