Scott Jurek reflects on the passing of his friend Micah True

For all kinds of running related discussions, from sprinting to marathon, training to equipment. Also the forum for international <a href="http://www.veganrunners.org">veganrunners.org</a> network.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Scott Jurek reflects on the passing of his friend Micah True

Postby veganlisa » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:30 pm

Very touching... please read if you have a moment.

Scott Jurek reflects on the passing of his friend Micah True, aka Caballo Blanco.

THE DEER REMEMBERS THE WHITE HORSE
http://www.runnersworld.com/cda/microsi ... -0,00.html
veganlisa

Re: Scott Jurek reflects on the passing of his friend Micah

Postby skoptic » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:28 am

Only just got round to replying here .. but a great article. We should all have a lot of time to read anything that Scott says ... he is a mountain of a man.

It's a very sad story about Micah True - I'm very happy that during his life he was recognised for his attitude and quirky achievements - he had been given the chance to pass his message on to many people as a result. Ultra running will become more mainstream & awareness will increase which I hope will encourage others to run their own 'mini-life-journeys' - an antidote to modern life and 15 therapy & meditation sessions all rolled into one ;)
skoptic
Facebook Admin

Postby Hiking Fox » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:39 pm

Caballo Blanco dead??? That's really sad :cry:
Hiking Fox

Postby drrtyoldpunk » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:14 pm

I had almost finished reading THE book, in particular, the bit where Caballo Blanco is about to reveal his story after the first Copper Canyons ultra, when I heard about his death and the circumstances of such. I don't usually mourn the passing of someone I have never had any interaction with but the power of his words reflected through the pages of MacDougals book has had an enormous effect on me and has served to nudge me in the right direction. It is indeed sad. Here is a man that achieved so much, and lived his own end. RIP Caballo Blanco.
drrtyoldpunk

Return to Vegan Runners