thanks Vegan Hal!
hope to see some action on your log again soon! Is all well with you?
Okay so here's what has happened the last two weeks.exercise
Had a wee attack of fatigue as last reported so took a week off weights and just went to two jiu jitsu sessions instead, the idea being active rest. Would have gone to a third jitsu session but clashed with Of Mice and Men which was fantastic!
The week after that (this week just finishing) I went back to the weights ...21st Feb 2012
(easing back in so as to avoid injury)
Squat belt few reps at 80kg
Dead con 100kg few singles
dips: struggle to complete one
"f*** the bike"
Notes (i write these down now during the session)
1) OHP feels good
2) right shoulder problems but okay once warmed up
3) weak as hell. everything (except OHP) felt hard.23rd Feb 2012
Squat belt 3x5x80kg
rack pull: not comfortable doing this with shoulder issue so stopped
Bench: can't even do painless partial reps with bar so quit it
OHP 1x4, 1x5, 1x3 at 40kg
Fat bar Neutral CUs 10,8,5
1) still some shoulder issues but fine with slightly wider grip on squat
2) right knee feels like it is hyperextending occasionally on squats and OHP (had this issue before year or so ago then it vanished). I had knocked right knee against a drawer the day before though.
3) minor shoulder discomfort on CUs25 Feb 2012
Squat belt 3x5x90kg
Dead con 160kg 1x1 grinder
Fat WPUs 1x10
"screw the bike"
1) stomach little sore after 3rd set of squats but think this is just down to boxers and belt being very tight
2) felt really really good hence trying the heavy Deadlift. Was going to go for a PR if the 160kg felt easy but it was a grinder.
Some grip work throughout the week. Wrist get stronger all the time but all this typing doesn't help.elimination diet
Only four days left of elimination diet. Thank goodness! Am so so bored of the food I eat at this point, would kill small fluffy things for a cup of coffee and have lost 3kg in last four weeks ugh (down to 67kg
). On the upside stomach has been good all month save a few days into the diet and when i ate a whole big bag of kettle chips very very quickly. I suspect I don't have a food intolerance and that it is simply the plain food (rice cakes and hummus) in the morning with peppermint tea AND not eating massive portions that has fixed things. Will post a longer report in the nutrition forum when I'm all done with it.
Hopefully stomach issues will be mostly a thing of the past and I can focus on packing on muscle
stand by for hypertrophy muppet!
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?