I'm going to enter Max's Muscle Up Challenge 2012
and will be training with a program 3-4 times per week. I want to gain muscle and keep my diet high protein and low carb so I can shred some body fat too. I'm fairly undisciplined with my diet so I figured this would be a good way to go about it.
Check out what I've planned for myself - do you think this would be sufficient in calories/macronutrients for a 64kg/164cm tall female?
I've tried to keep it well rounded but any thoughts/advice for me?
- Smoothie - strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, grapes w/ 30g scoop chocolate soy isolate protein, tbsp of LSA and 200ml almond milk.
- Either bowl of raw muesli w/ shredded coconut and 100ml almond milk and 1 tbsp LSA, or 2 slices of organic wholemeal multigrain toast w/ peanut butter.
- 3-4 pieces of fruit.
May sneak in a cup of strong organic black tea w/ stevia and almond/soy milk
- Either beans, quinoa, tofu and/or lentils and chickpeas.
- Soy garlic vegetables (broccoli, capsicum, beetroot, mushroom, carrot, bok choy, eggplant, zucchini, onion) cooked w/ 1 tbsp organic coconut oil.
- Salad (fresh kale, spinach, avocado, carrots, capsicum, mushroom, tomato, most ingredients will be organic). *Anyone got a good recipe for dressing?
- 2 pieces of fruit and handful of soaked almonds.
- Smoothie; 30g scoop of aforementioned protein powder, 200ml almond/soy milk, banana and a tbsp of LSA if I didn't have it with my muesli in the morning.
- Maybe soup? More beans? Open to ideas here... may have to trawl for recipes depending on the suggestions I get.
Thanks in advance.
"The only thing stopping you from reaching your goal is you, so get out of the way!"