The Matrix....for chickens

Armchair politics, ethical soapbox and current affairs. Place to discuss vegan ethics and general ethics and politics. Be nice.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

The Matrix....for chickens

Postby Fallen_Horse » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:56 am

This is still just a concept but wow, just, wow.

http://io9.com/5885510/holy-crap-its-the-matrix-for-chickens
Lovin' it!
Fallen_Horse

Re: The Matrix....for chickens

Postby kallefs » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:13 am

"I think it is time we stopped using the term 'animal' when referring to the precursor of the meat that ends up on our plates. Animals are things we keep in our homes and watch on David Attenborough programs. 'Animals' bred for consumption are crops and agricultural products like any other. We do not, and cannot, provide adequate welfare for these agricultural products and therefore welfare should be removed entirely."

I think I just puked a little in my mouth :(
Dum di dum!
kallefs

Postby israel » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:59 am

If its real or not it sure will make people stop eating meat i wish millions could read this
israel

Postby blinki » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:21 pm

Thankfully that's really off trend. People (who can afford to) like to pretend their chicken/eggs came from a wonderful happy farm where they played in a lovely big feild all day. They like their free range and their organic and stuff. Even if they don't really know what it means it makes them feel like they aren't a bad person.

The problem is the bit where folk can't afford to make those choices. Then the companies can get away with whatever so long as the price is down. So maybe it isn't some weird futuristic idea
blinki

Return to Ethics, Politics and Current Affairs