VPure now nuique.com

Any queries about vegan diet, nutrition, dieting, bulking and healthy eating in general. Diets and food from vegan perspective.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

VPure now nuique.com

Postby beforewisdom » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:04 pm

I got an email stating that V-Pure, the vegan EPA Omega 3 efa company, is now going to be at
nuique.com

Fortunately, they have a number of competitors now so it is not such a big deal, you don't have to get get vegan EPA from England, etc etc.

FWIW, I really like the combo DHA/EPS that nutropic puts out ( Omega 3 Zen )
beforewisdom

Re: VPure now nuique.com

Postby tal » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:08 pm

And their 'sportique' part of their website is full of non-vegan, probably animal tested shit.

Fucking bastards.

beforewisdom, where do you get the omega 3 zen stuff?

edit: I emailed them and complained, please do the same!
tal

Postby Lordmuppet » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:33 pm

[quote="Talyn"]And their 'sportique' part of their website is full of non-vegan, probably animal tested shit.

Fucking bastards.

good news! from their newsletter

"SPORTIQUE products are made with botanical & natural ingredients and have no animal fats or by-products and they’re NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS!"

:D
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby tal » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:42 pm

[quote="Lordmuppet"]"SPORTIQUE products are made with botanical & natural ingredients and have no animal fats or by-products and they’re NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS!"

Unfortunately if you look at the ingredients of the products on their website, they do not conform to their own statements.
tal

Postby Lordmuppet » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:49 pm

[quote="Talyn"][quote="Lordmuppet"]"SPORTIQUE products are made with botanical & natural ingredients and have no animal fats or by-products and they’re NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS!"

Unfortunately if you look at the ingredients of the products on their website, they do not conform to their own statements.

ah had a look. I assume you're talking about the beeswax?
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby beforewisdom » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:51 am

[quote="Talyn"]And their 'sportique' part of their website is full of non-vegan, probably animal tested shit.

Fucking bastards.

NuTropics is an American brand, so I am not sure of the mail order situation for you. I've seen Omega 3 Zen on the American vegan product mail order sites and the vitaminshoppe.com. You can probably find other places by Googling on "NuTropics Omega 3 Zen", likely Amazon too.

There are also other brands now too.

If you can't find any of them let me know, I have links somewhere.
beforewisdom

Postby Lordmuppet » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:59 am

[quote="beforewisdom"][quote="Talyn"]And their 'sportique' part of their website is full of non-vegan, probably animal tested shit.

Fucking bastards.

NuTropics is an American brand, so I am not sure of the mail order situation for you. I've seen Omega 3 Zen on the American vegan product mail order sites and the vitaminshoppe.com. You can probably find other places by Googling on "NuTropics Omega 3 Zen", likely Amazon too.

There are also other brands now too.

If you can't find any of them let me know, I have links somewhere.

www.gvtc.co.uk sell a bunch of different types.

think everything on there is vegan but don't quote me on that. It isn't clear from their blurb but they sell vegan condoms and candles so that's a good sign.

Oh and I've bought a bunch of stuff from them and the customer service is good (I had to cancel an order).
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby foodsforlife » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:05 pm

Jeez - if you get branded an illegitimately born copulator just for changing the name of your website and selling cosmetics with beeswax (even Lush do that!) then God help and farmers or butchers who live near you, or vets, or small children passing your house with cheese and onion crisps

It's no wonder people think Vegans are extreme!

I think part of the problem is that far too many vegans have nutritionally inadequate diets and are short in essential fats zinc, and B vitamins. Theres no need for it, but that would explain the extraordinary levels of anger, angst and obstreporousness that some vegans display.

Some of them are almost menopausal!

V Pure now contains 400mg of D H A per dose and is very good value for money see http://youtu.be/JiT11aL01Q4
foodsforlife

Postby foodsforlife » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:26 pm

If you have friends who take fish oil then you may find this compare the market style comparison of popular favourite fish oil brands vs vegan algae useful
[url]
http://www.nuique.com/blog/index.php/20 ... pplements/[/url]
foodsforlife

Postby beforewisdom » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:14 pm

foodsforlie,
Do you work for nuique or have another financial relationship with the company? Just curious.
beforewisdom

Postby foodsforlife » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:41 pm

I work for me and the planet . Currently helping Dos Winkel at The Sea First Foundation / Sea The Truth the movie with a new cookbook http://www.nonfishalicious.com/

Thus very enthusiastic about anyone who tries to offer solutions to the looming catastrophic consequences of relying on fish, beef and pigs to feed the humans, pigs and cows on our quickly suficating world

Why would one want to use fish oil when algae is better value, more sustainable, free from mercury and PCBs, and better for health and wealth?

It's not just me, I have loads of friends who love veganism but are so embarrased by other "vegans" who are rediculously unrealistic, unpractical, unreasonable, negative, destructive, vindictive and vitriolic.

For the last 22 years my efforts to convince the companies that run the world that there is a better, more sustainable, more ethical way to make profit and please their shareholders has too often been thwarted not by meat and fish eaters but by vegans themselves intent not on saving the world as Donald Watson argued but on feircely retaining their status as an exclusive weird underground cult of pedantic semantic fruitloops with only couple of thousand members.

Far too much time is spent by these naive abusive morons criticising companies who are trying to do better rather than coming up with practical solutions to the world's woes.
Last edited by foodsforlife on Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
foodsforlife

Postby tal » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:49 pm

[quote="foodsforlife"]It's not just me, I have loads of friends who love veganism but are so embarrased by other "vegans" who are rediculously unrealistic, unpractical, unreasonable, negative, destructive, vindictive and vitriolic.

<insert irony here>

You are rather bitter, aren't you?

I'd be happy to debate this further with you, but I'm yet to see any evidence you're not just a walking billboard for your own companies.
tal

Postby baldy » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:59 pm

[quote="foodsforlife"]feircely retaining their status as an exclusive weird underground cult of autistic fruitloops with only couple of thousand members.

Just to correct you on that point, we actually have 8000 members.
Maybe off topic but personally I would take a unrealistic, unpractical, unreasonable, negative, destructive, vindictive and vitriolic vegan over an over optimistic energised raw evangelist.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby tal » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:02 pm

The use of adjectives in this thread is unnecessary, obsessive, out-of-control, indecent and unjust. It makes me feel angry, sad, mopey, tired and depressed. More of an effort should be made to make this thread consise, clear, efficient, effective and direct. This would make me much happier, pleasant, relieved and satisfied.

:roll:
tal

Postby rattus » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:06 pm

[quote="foodsforlife"]weird underground cult of autistic fruitloops

How do I join up?
rattus

Next

Return to Vegan Diets, Nutrition and Healthy Eating