Patrik WR log lift attempt

Home of strength: powerlifting, olympic lifting, grip strength, strongman, odd object lifting, explosive power...

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Patrik WR log lift attempt

Postby Konstantin » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:59 pm

I've just heard from Mellos about Patrik's World Record log lift attempt. Unfortunately Patrik did not manage to do the full lift and acheive the record. Part of this is because the floor was unusual, it was a springy rubber.

He did do some cleans at the full weight, for show.

Maybe next time!
You can see my training log if you're really bored: [url]www.veganfitness.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16086&start=360[/url]
Konstantin

Re: Patrik WR log lift attempt

Postby Orkje » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:27 am

Too bad! I'm sure we'll see him press it overhead one day soon, though!

Having a springy rubber floor underfoot can't be conducive to keeping your balance indeed.
Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it's impossible to turn back. - Henry Rollins
Orkje

Postby baldy » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:03 am

Yeah that sucks, did anyone take videos? Always good to see the man in action.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby JP » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:38 am

it was always a big ask - and fair play to him for giving it a good honest go with a proper chance.

BUT!

This far reaching goal should not dillute the fact that he fucking pressed a 200kg log!!! Thats insane :D Not many people in the world can do that...
JP
Site Admin

Postby xJimx » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:23 am

JP wrote:This far reaching goal should not dillute the fact that he fucking pressed a 200kg log!!! Thats insane :D Not many people in the world can do that...

Indeed, plus in terms of folk with a 200+ log press he must be the lightest by some margin surely?
DYEL
xJimx

Postby JP » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:53 pm

xJimx wrote:Indeed, plus in terms of folk with a 200+ log press he must be the lightest by some margin surely?

not sure if people care about that so much :D And i think patrik is not making a big issue about that either...

But i would think he is the lightest by far?

mellos, do you know if he got the 200 log done in the session and verified it in front of the ref or did he just go all out for the 215?
JP
Site Admin

Postby Mellos » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:46 pm

We were not allowed to take pictures or videos during the event because it will be seen in the movie Kraftakt and of course the producer doesn´t want any scenes on the internet before the film is released.

Patrik seemed to clean any weight easily but the jerk looked hard even when he did 115 for reps (due to lack of stability I´d say).
He attempted to lift 190 kg 3 times but each time the clean was all he could get. He said that he just couldn´t commit to the lift and dive under it because he didn´t feel stable with the rubber floor. The log was then rolled to another position where the floor was a little more stable but by that time Patrik just had no energy left and once again couldn´t jerk the weight and called it a day as far as attempting a full lift goes.

The director of the movie could convince him to clean 200 kg for show and Patrik cleaned it easily. Surprised about how easy it was he agreed to try 215 and cleaned that weight, too. So all in all it was a great show even though he didn´t get any record.

190 kg would have been a new national record btw.
Also when Kryptonite asked, if we should rather be quiet on the attempts or cheer, we were told it would be better to be quiet, so there was absolute silence during the lifts. But on the 200 and 215 clean, when the official show was over, the crowd just went crazy (I can barely talk today, lol) and I am pretty sure that this helped him a lot.

So I am quite certain that he will break the record this year (which after the event he promised to do).

Considering the weight difference of Patrik and the other people, who lifted the 200 kg log:
Apart from Savickas, Patrik may actually be the only one to ever lift a 200 kg log with official IFSA measurements.
Lalas did 195 in training, Koklyaev did 202,5 but the log wasn´t as thick as normal and Blekaitis and Katona are both said to be very strong loglifters but I couldn´t find any numbers that exceed 192,5 kg.

So the difference to the other "people" would be 45 kg :lol:
But Patrik doesn´t blame the weight at all, he also said that his weight at the moment might be the heaviest he´ll ever be. Sometimes more weight just doesn´t help.
Current PBs:
195 kg SQ, 130 kg Bench, 245 kg DL, 200 kg SQ w/ wraps

Long Term Goals:
@ 75 kg: SQ - 252,5 kg, SQ w/ Wraps - 267,5 kg, DL - 307,5 kg, Total (w/ and w/o Wraps) - 710
@ 82,5 kg: SQ - 275 kg, SQ w/ Wraps - 277,5 kg, Total (w/ and w/o Wraps) - 772,5 kg

Team Insanity - The Laws of Physics are Merely a Suggestion
Mellos

Postby Orkje » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:53 pm

Thanks for the report. I really hope he makes the record some day!
Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it's impossible to turn back. - Henry Rollins
Orkje

Postby Konstantin » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:23 pm

Thanks for the report Mellos (and the call yesterday), great to have some background.

If Patrik breaks the record this year that will be brilliant. I'm a bit disappointed that he didn't get the World record but lets not forget what this monster has acheived!
You can see my training log if you're really bored: [url]www.veganfitness.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16086&start=360[/url]
Konstantin

Postby Mellos » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:34 pm

Found some official loglift rankings http://www.loglift.org/rankings/
Current PBs:

Long Term Goals:
@ 75 kg: SQ - 252,5 kg, SQ w/ Wraps - 267,5 kg, DL - 307,5 kg, Total (w/ and w/o Wraps) - 710
@ 82,5 kg: SQ - 275 kg, SQ w/ Wraps - 277,5 kg, Total (w/ and w/o Wraps) - 772,5 kg

Mellos

Postby ultraspontane » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:23 am

Why was the floor so wonky?
ultraspontane

Postby Mellos » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:53 pm

ultraspontane wrote:Why was the floor so wonky?

That is just the way it was in that theater thing.

Btw. Savickas recently set the world record to 215 kg in the easiest world record attempt ever.
So an additional 2,5 kg that Patrik has to put on his lift.
Current PBs:

Long Term Goals:

Mellos

Postby ultraspontane » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:45 am

Savickas is almost certainly roided to the gills, right?
ultraspontane

Postby Mellos » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:08 am

ultraspontane wrote:Savickas is almost certainly roided to the gills, right?

I may have said that before but most certainly every top competitor in every sport is roided these days because it is possible to take roids and not be detected and it does enhance your performance. If it´s possible and it helps people will do it.
Having said that I do by no means want to accuse certain people of taking roids or cheating. Those who are strongest with them would most likely be the strongest without them as well because they still put in so much hard work.

Anyway, in strength sports there seems to be some kind of a silent agreement not to talk about the subject. Everyone who reached a certain level knows what is going on and can pretty accurately tell who is taking. But the theme is controversial and can result in major disagreements (especially on the Internet), so let us rather just leave it with that.
Current PBs:

Long Term Goals:

Mellos

Postby ultraspontane » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:02 pm

No disrespect intended. I know those guys work their rear ends off to get to where they are, roids or not.

I guess for some reason I thought Patrik may be drug free since he is a vegan/vegetarian.
ultraspontane

Next

Return to Power and Strength