What's in your lunchbox? And what lunchbox do you use?

Any queries about vegan diet, nutrition, dieting, bulking and healthy eating in general. Diets and food from vegan perspective.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

What's in your lunchbox? And what lunchbox do you use?

Postby 7bluewren » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:47 pm

Just wondering what other vegans eat when they need to pack a lunchbox. And what lunchbox/drink bottle you prefer if any?

I need some help because I usually get lazy about lunchboxes. Sometimes so much that I just grab a plastic bag, chuck in a bunch of fruit and a bunch of vegetables whole out of the crisper and go like that. Gets me some weird looks at uni...

My ideal lunchbox when I'm not lazy is probably: 2-3 peices of fruit, A HUGE salad (with homemade dressing and truckloads of veggies, sometimes with beans, nuts/seeds, sprouts, whatever's on hand) and a whole carrot to munch on. I think I'd like to add in some more calories but I don't really know what to add. I like to stay pretty high raw during the day, just because I feel good that way, but generally have a healthy cooked vegan meal for dinner with my family. I don't want to O.D on nuts/fats. Ideally I'd eat more fruit but my brekky usually consist of a lot of fruit and I can only afford to buy so much. Maybe I just try to buy more of what fruit is the cheapest like bananas and take a couple to uni with me too. People at uni think I'm kinda weird because of all the fruit & green stuff I eat. Also the volume of my food is so much more than other people's. I take up like a whole shelf in the communal fridge lol.

I've been thinking that maybe I should invest in some kind of automatic vegetable slicer, to make my salad really fast... what do you think?

Also any tips on a lunch box that might suit me? I want something leakproof and with a large compartment for my humongous salad. 4 cup capacity at least? (At home I eat my salad out of a mixing bowl) I'm happy to just carry my fruit & carrot whole and separate. But something for a big salad and even something to put my dressing in would be good. And a decent drink bottle! would like something that is lightweight & big, probably 1 L would be good. I can appreciate laptop lunches blog, but don't think those apply to me that well, but I could see them being great for my kids.
7bluewren

Re: What's in your lunchbox? And what lunchbox do you use?

Postby blinki » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:06 pm

My lunch box is my biggest tupperware tub. Sometimes more than one tub if things need their own comparment. My water bottle is just one I bought water in then refilled. Simple, kind of boring but does the job.

My lunches usually involves 2/3 bits of fruit, couscous, homemade burger/suasages/falafels, a bagel/roll and crisps/rice crackers
blinki

Postby Jrun » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:41 am

burito, 2 fruits, nuts or granola bar
ski freak
Jrun

Postby beforewisdom » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:40 am

Jrun wrote:burito, 2 fruits, nuts or granola bar

Man has name the same as a defunct servlet container.

"The plural of anecdote is not data." (Roger Brinner)
beforewisdom

Postby Jrun » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:07 am

I guess that came out wrong...I have a burtio, 2 fruits, a granola bar and or almonds
ski freak
Jrun

Postby Catt Queen » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:00 am

One tub full of various raw veggies sliced into sticks, hummus to dip veg in. Second tub of homemade something or other to reheat at work. Always got a stash if fresh fruit and nuts in my drawer at work, as well as a pint glass for continuous refills from the water dispenser. Always got a bottle of water in my bag too, just in case... usually just refilled with tap water.
Allie =^..^=
http://www.stronger.me.uk
Find me on Facebook
Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts.
That's what little girls are made of; to hell with sugar and spice.
Catt Queen

Postby Talyn » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:44 am

Seitan with chilli sauce, cucumber and spinach. Most days. Pretty boring. /forevercutting
Talyn
User Activation Admin

Postby powerlifer » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:02 pm

I often have a wrap or pitta with various different fillings to keep this interesting. Piece or two of fruit. Wholefood bars or serving or two of nuts/seeds.

I eat pretty clean most of the time, find it helps put on muscle better with minimal fat increase.
Organic Herbal Products, Vega Cellular Foods, Vitashine Vegan Vitamin D3 Spray + More
http://www.amlaberry.co.uk
powerlifer

Postby xJimx » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:14 pm

I'm on the road quite a bit so just stuff my laptop bag with stuff that travels well & (in the warmer months) won't go smelly in the heat - i.e. peanut butter sandwiches, bags of nuts, apples, dried fruit.
DYEL
xJimx

Postby Konstantin » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:13 pm

Currently nothing as it is after 11:00.

I usually use a tupperware container and a few other re-used food containers. Today I had 2 sandwiches (spliced sausage, tofutti creamy smooth), mixed sprouted veg, sprouted little radish, an apple, and about 250g of seed cake (made out of sunflower pumpkin and hemp seeds, walnuts and dates), sultanas. Sometimes I make a rice sald from cooked rice, chick peas, leek, soy sauce, peas and whatever veg is lying around.
You can see my training log if you're really bored: [url]www.veganfitness.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16086&start=360[/url]
Konstantin

Return to Vegan Diets, Nutrition and Healthy Eating