VF Vegan Athletes site

Anything not covered above probably belongs here!

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

VF Vegan Athletes site

Postby Konstantin » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:51 pm

How about an update?

The launch has been great, there's been loads of interest we're relaly pleased with how it looks. Crossposting has been good and some sopurces have been really successful in promoting it.

In case you missed the news, Patrik's log lift attempt was not successful but still a great way to get the site moving. When it's been up a while we'll release some stats about hits etc., I think they're going to be good. There will be more news updates soon, including one skater who has just become national champion.

We also had a variety of emails via the contact facility, including some new athletes we didn't know about.

Van you help with the ext stage? We have no Facebook Group, and no Twitter account, and it would be great to have one. Can anyone volunteer to take this on? It would be a great help.

We also want to check each athlete annually to see if they have news, have stopped being vegan , etc. With over 50 athletes that's several each month already, can anyone help with this?

Thanks to everyone who'se helped the flying start already!
You can see my training log if you're really bored: [url]www.veganfitness.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16086&start=360[/url]
Konstantin

Re: Great Vegan Athletes site

Postby Fallen_Horse » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:35 am

What's that URL again?
Lovin' it!
Fallen_Horse

Re: Great Vegan Athletes site

Postby Catt Queen » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:56 am

Allie =^..^=
http://www.stronger.me.uk
Find me on Facebook
Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts.
That's what little girls are made of; to hell with sugar and spice.
Catt Queen

Re: VF Vegan Athletes site

Postby powerlifer » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:10 pm

Great site, would be good if they had a sample diet of what each athlete eats, can really help people see how a vegan diet looks on paper anyway.
Organic Herbal Products, Vega Cellular Foods, Vitashine Vegan Vitamin D3 Spray + More
http://www.amlaberry.co.uk
powerlifer

Postby Konstantin » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:32 pm

Good point powerlifer. Where we've been in touch with the athletes I've asked them what they eat and most have been helpful. For others we lifted it from other interviews where possible. Some we have not been able to get in touch with them so we don't have the info.

It's all evolving so it would be good to add this where possibe.
You can see my training log if you're really bored: [url]www.veganfitness.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16086&start=360[/url]
Konstantin

Postby skoptic » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:59 pm

Good works :) - I'm happy to help, I do some social media stuff for work, and host / manage / create some websites so 'site savvy' (mostly joomla, html blah - but drupal is gonna be the same) PM me up....
skoptic
Facebook Admin

Return to General Discussion