Fox's dark chocolate chunk cookies

New vegan products out there? Queries about products, ingredients, vegan supplements?

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Re: Fox's dark chocolate chunk cookies

Postby skoptic » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:51 pm

103 cals per biscuit... they are not mucking about here! I'd better not find any or I'm turning into a lardass..
skoptic
Facebook Admin

Postby baldy » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:15 pm

skoptic wrote:103 cals per biscuit... they are not mucking about here! I'd better not find any or I'm turning into a lardass..

They sound better and better every post!

Turns out the tesco express close to my work is actually a sainsburys and they don't stock them either. FFS, this quest is proving very tricky.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby Hiking Fox » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:33 am

I will check the Co-op for these and report back
Hiking Fox

Postby baldy » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:13 am

Hiking Fox wrote:I will check the Co-op for these and report back

Co-op is always good, cos if they don't have the cookies you can just get doughnuts.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby Talyn » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:49 am

Bought a packet last night, they are on special and only £1 a packet... £1!!!
Talyn
User Activation Admin

Postby baldy » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:50 am

Talyn wrote:Bought a packet last night, they are on special and only £1 a packet... £1!!!

Getting very suspicious of you cutting diet, don't forget beach season is 25 days and counting.
baldy
Site Admin

Postby Talyn » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:03 am

baldy wrote:
Talyn wrote:Bought a packet last night, they are on special and only £1 a packet... £1!!!

Getting very suspicious of you cutting diet, don't forget beach season is 25 days and counting.

I can fit biscuits into my cutting macros. Will try and stop at a couple tonight.

I'm not ready for beach season anyway :)
Talyn
User Activation Admin

Postby muchluv » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:01 pm

They didn't reply. I sent them another email from a different email adress SPECIFICALLY how likely it is to get milk in them and if they left the dough from the previous batch to mix in on purpose, and they just sent me the same, generic reply.

hm, oh well.
Although the effeminate nature of my username may suggest otherwise, my gender actually falls into the male category.
muchluv
The VF YouTube Guvnor

Postby muchluv » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:25 pm

Why are these people ducking me?
Although the effeminate nature of my username may suggest otherwise, my gender actually falls into the male category.
muchluv
The VF YouTube Guvnor

Postby ninearms » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:09 am

They're not ducking you. The answer they gave was fine as far as I'm concerned. Risk of cross-contamination.

Baldy - not to worry: discovered today that Morrison's Double Chocolate Chip and Orange Double Chocolate Chip cookies are both vegan. You wouldn't like them.
“Begin at the beginning,” the King said gravely, “and go on till you come to the end. Then stop.”
ninearms
Perked Member

Postby muchluv » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:17 pm

They are ducking me, because I asked them specifically whether they let their batches mix in on purpose, and they ignored this question. Also, another vegan forum has a thread on this subject with people showing similar frustration.
muchluv
The VF YouTube Guvnor

Postby Hiking Fox » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:33 pm

muchluv wrote:They are ducking me, because I asked them specifically whether they let their batches mix in on purpose, and they ignored this question.

Probably cos it is a very strange question?
Hiking Fox

Postby Hiking Fox » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:36 pm

I've looked all over and cannot find this product in any shops :(
Hiking Fox

Postby Talyn » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:46 pm

muchluv wrote:They are ducking me, because I asked them specifically whether they let their batches mix in on purpose, and they ignored this question. Also, another vegan forum has a thread on this subject with people showing similar frustration.

I wouldn't worry about it. Milk products aren't listed in the ingredients so it would have traces at worst.

We all need to buy the biscuits if they are available so they roll them out to more stores. Seems like a lot of places don't stock them. I'm doing my part :P
Talyn
User Activation Admin

Postby muchluv » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:56 pm

Hiking Fox wrote:
muchluv wrote:They are ducking me, because I asked them specifically whether they let their batches mix in on purpose, and they ignored this question.

Probably cos it is a very strange question?

It's not really. Might the kind of thing they do. It says 'contains', but the food standards agencies recomendation is to say 'may contain'.

Just found out Green and Blacks dark chocolate used to say suitable for vegans, now it says milk in the ingredients. It doesn't have milk in the ingredients, though. They tested for milk and even after cleaning, found their dark chocolate still contains it, so they started putting milk in the ingredients.

This has answered a question for me though about the likelyhood of having milk in stuff when it says 'may contain'.

So probably, when chocolate is concerned, may contain = contains traces.

Also if they were letting the two mix in on purpose you would have thought they'd put it in the ingredients.

As for people who can't find them... big Tescos should do them.. think poundland does too.
muchluv
The VF YouTube Guvnor

PreviousNext

Return to Vegan Products and Supplements