Building up to Tough Mudder!

A place for vegan athletes from all levels and sports to keep their training journals.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Building up to Tough Mudder!

Postby NatB » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:43 pm

OK fuck the small talk after being accused by Mr Baldy of having an eating disorder because I am 5ft7 and 55kg I smashed him in the bulking stakes and ate twice what he did for dinner! Be a long time before he gets invited back for dinner at mine :wink:

oh yeah training.....did Jons Hell yesterday ( conditioning class) followed by boxing then an hour of runing bike push ups and skipping today.

:P
Last edited by NatB on Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
NatB

Re: Nat starts here!

Postby baldy » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:36 am

Solid first post in a training log, trash talking and bulking!
You did very well, but I dunno if you won, seem to remember a large slice of peanut butter chocolate cake difference?
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby JP » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:42 am

lol!

kick ass!
JP
Site Admin

Postby dublin dave » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:44 pm

Excellent, trashing Baldy in your first post...keep it up... 8)
dublin dave

Postby Konstantin » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:08 pm

F-I-G-H-T !!!!!!!
You can see my training log if you're really bored: [url]www.veganfitness.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16086&start=360[/url]
Konstantin

Postby NatB » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:21 pm

Ahem Baldy is that the cake that you put in your bag and ate for lunch today? FAIL!!!!

And I managed to make 7am conditioning class this morning. The warm up was 250 squats and 50 push ups. Did think I was going to hurl the majority of that bottle of red we smashed last night all over the floor though.....!
NatB

Postby baldy » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:29 pm

Cake was actually really good, you missed out.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby NatB » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:00 pm

No training today :( After bragging to everyone I haven't been sick all winter I seem to be coming down with flu. Probably run down from the weekend. The upside is that as I live next door to my gym loads of the guys have popped in to make me cups of tea and drop off Fighters Only magazines to keep me from getting bored! Bless them!

Reading Vegan for Life (thanks Baldy!) which made me realise I need to start eating more protein as am struggling to put on muscle. Was avoiding soy and bread which probably wasnt necessary.

Hope to be back in gym for boxing tomorrow.
NatB

Postby sandra » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:12 pm

Hope you are feeling better
sandra

Postby NatB » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:49 pm

Thanks! :D
NatB

Postby NatB » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:35 pm

After a week off with flu it was a baptism of fire back at the gym with the conditioning class they call "Jon's Hell"! An hour of non stop punishing circuit training which Jon a champion K1 fighter does with you.

Depending on what fights he has coming up depends how hard you train. Thank god we had his selection of cheesy 1990's trance to keep the pace to!

The warm up is half an hour continous running, squats, burpees, stairclimbers, star jumps, high knee running, medcine ball presses and slams, press-ups and tuck jumps.

The second half is sets of alternating clean and press with a 15kg power bag and burpees. Or other combinations of two movements usually 3 x 5 minute sets.

Then we have between 5 to 10 minutes of non-stop ab exercises to finish.

Managed to do the entire class but am totally spent! Time for a hemp protein soy milk smoothie with fresh berries and coconut oil.
NatB

Postby NatB » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:20 am

Knee (old ACL and cartiledge injury) was playing up in the cold so didn't train yesterday.

Jon's Hell this morning. He's ramped up the class again and finished with sets of sprints mixed in with burpees and press-ups i.e. 10 sprints 10 press ups etc for 3x 5 minute sets.

Its been a slow start to the year - am not good at getting up at 6am in minus 1 degrees and hauling ass to gym (despite living next door!!) and have noticed a drop in fitness. Aiming to go every morning this week from now on.
NatB

Postby NatB » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:50 pm

Had a hit and miss week last week. Managed strength and conditioning class every other day but no fight classes. The rest of my life kind of got in the way :)

My rather lovely distraction is away for a month, so back in the game! Had the day off today and did Pilates and Strength and Conditioning Class. Back again for the same tomorrow. Hope to make BJJ tomorrow night too!

Need to work on establishing some goals which work in with my classes i.e. how to gauge how I'm improving. Also want to start weights sessions in between.
NatB

Postby NatB » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:57 am

Week started well with Pilates and S&C Class Monday. Then had a couple of days off (drinking wine!). Thursday S&C class, Friday S&C Class and Yoga.

Fridays class was a beast:

10 min warm-up jogging interspersed with squats, skips, lunges, jumps, push-ups and burpees

10 sprints
20 crunches
100 weighted squat and press
20 burpees
5 sprints active recovery
100 sumo squats with kettlebells
20 burpees
100 push ups
20 burpees
50 tricep push-ups/dips
Walking planks
40 crunches
Cool down with stretching

Plan is to do S&C class today and if there is any juice left in the tank boxing class. Need to mix it up with weights though. Have noticed since I stopped boxing my loss of upper body strength.
NatB

Postby NatB » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:10 pm

S&C class yesterday. S&C class today plus 25min run interespersed with sprints on the treadmill. Still not got to any fight classes but going to see our K1 coach fight tonight so hopefully that will give me a kick up the bum :)
NatB

Next

Return to Training Logs