Mike Tyson Goes Vegan

Armchair politics, ethical soapbox and current affairs. Place to discuss vegan ethics and general ethics and politics. Be nice.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Re: Mike Tyson Goes Vegan

Postby etherspin » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:39 am

xrodolfox wrote:That video was so weird.

WORD!
best bit ? "If you get given a toaster as a gift and you already have a toaster can you regift it ?" ... "Mmm mm ("no"/negative) , probably take it to the pawn shop"
etherspin

Postby israel » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:12 pm

I think the funniest craziest part when he says :

wow your a cool dude

That is so funny
my blog thats about simple recipes (vegan) :

http://reallysimplefood.blogspot.com/
israel

Postby baldy » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:21 pm

Half way through watching this, looks pretty good. Link probably only works for UK and IE folks.
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/tyson/4od#3188594
James Toback's film of Mike Tyson's life, told in the ex-fighter's own words, finds the controversial ex-heavyweight champion ruefully reflecting on his past, which has included a failed marriage, a conviction for rape, drugs use and fights where he didn't bother training, happy just to pick up the cheque at the end.

But he is also forthcoming about his difficult childhood and what the loss of trainer Cus D'Amato, who was also a father figure and mentor, meant to him. Toback has know Tyson for 20 years but this is no whitewash, more a film of a troubled man unburdening himself with an honesty a stranger could never elicit.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby Twoism » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:49 pm

^ Cheers, going to check it out now.
Twoism

Postby knackers » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:38 am

“Animals do have a voice. If you ignore their suffering, I will remind you of it. If you don't understand them, I will translate. If you don't hear them, I will be their voice. You may silence them but you cannot silence me as long as I live.” ~ Anita Mahdessian (C
knackers

Postby Richard » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:34 am

It's good that such a high profile person has become vegan, as it will get a lot of attention the more people who hear about it, it just spreads and spreads. However, I hope that he doesn't drop it or say something silly to put people off. I haven't heard anything lately though...
Richard

Previous

Return to Ethics, Politics and Current Affairs