How to help veganfitness.net

Anything not covered above probably belongs here!

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Re: How to help veganfitness.net

Postby baldy » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:39 pm

xrodolfox wrote:^Can this info needs to be someplace more prominent than a thread? Perhaps a permanent side bar?

I *finally* donated a tiny bit, but I can do more as the year goes on. I want to make it something regular...

Having NOT to look through a thread (and read, understand things, etc.) would really help, especially for the many intertube neophytes out there.

Thanks for the donation!

I agree with you 100%, in the short term there will just be a new thread with hopefully clear instructions and buttons in the first post. In the medium term it will be a side bar and a proper page with full details of what we use the money for and how to donate.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby beforewisdom » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:05 pm

baldy wrote:
beforewisdom wrote:
fredrikw wrote:Best way to find out is probably to go to paypal's web page and find out.

You didn't read my post. I went to the paypal site and I tried the donation link. It didn't work for me being from the US.

We have received a couple of US donations, so not sure what error you are getting. Anyway this link is for US$
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... CVQTZGEFAW

I figured out the problem and was able to donate 50 dollars ( about 30 pounds ).

Two things when making a non-recurring credit card donation to veganfitness.net through PayPal

1. After typing in an amount, hit the yellow button immediately after the amount of money, wait for the page to refresh
  2. After choosing your country from the drop down menu, wait for the page to refresh, again. U.S. donors should see a menu for state

"The plural of anecdote is not data." (Roger Brinner)
beforewisdom

Postby beforewisdom » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:13 pm

I have an idea that may help.

Have the donation button at the top of the page go to a post on veganfitness.net.

That post can briefly explain ( 3 - 4 ) lines what the donations are need for, how much has been collected and how much more is needed to secure another year ( working towards a goal with a visible indicator of progress is motivating ). This post can be updated weekly.

In the post include all of the pay pal links, and with warnings about need to hit submit just for the donation amount and then waiting for the page to refresh a second time when choosing your country.

"The plural of anecdote is not data." (Roger Brinner)
beforewisdom

Postby bob_summers » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:19 pm

I've only just seen this post, and since I use an adblocker I hadn't noticed any difference from the old server apart from the speed!
So I'll sort out a donation shortly.
"No se deja de pedalear cuando se envejece.
Se envejece cuando se deja de pedalear"
bob_summers

Postby soniczip » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:11 pm

i've been off awhile... great news, excellent thinking!!! well done :D
i'm focusing on some kind of stuff
soniczip

Postby powerlifer » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:45 pm

Do you guys do link exchange?

If so i would like to exchange links with my vegan blog

Helps get better page rank and more traffic, i will do a post soon also on this place hopefully redirect a few here :).
Organic Herbal Products, Vega Cellular Foods, Vitashine Vegan Vitamin D3 Spray + More
http://www.amlaberry.co.uk
powerlifer

Postby JP » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:33 am

powerlifer wrote:Do you guys do link exchange?

If so i would like to exchange links with my vegan blog

Helps get better page rank and more traffic, i will do a post soon also on this place hopefully redirect a few here :).

you just did :D

As in, there are no link pages as such, but you can have your blog link on your signature etc anyway - which helps it to get out there.

And if you think VF is a good site then please do include it to your web site, and also when people ask about VF related things just offer them the link.

Thats why VF enjoys really good google ratings!
JP
Site Admin

Postby powerlifer » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:38 am

Haha yeah your right, i just wasn't sure if there was a dedicated link section.

Will be doing a blog post shortly like i say, hopefully direct a few of my readers this way.
Organic Herbal Products, Vega Cellular Foods, Vitashine Vegan Vitamin D3 Spray + More
powerlifer

Postby powerlifer » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:29 pm

Im not sure who does the coding for the site but the adsense ad at the bottom is aligned to the left if you want it center aligned just stick the adsense <script> inbetween this.

<div style="text-align:center;">
Adsense script here
</div>
powerlifer

Postby baldy » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:25 pm

powerlifer wrote:Im not sure who does the coding for the site but the adsense ad at the bottom is aligned to the left if you want it center aligned just stick the adsense <script> inbetween this.

<div style="text-align:center;">
Adsense script here
</div>

Will add it to "the list".
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby powerlifer » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:01 pm

baldy wrote:Will add it to "the list".

Cool, i have found in the past that center aligned down at the bottom of forums gets the most clicks. Hopefully it will help this place get a few more.
powerlifer

Postby Lordmuppet » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:25 pm

Hi again folks :)

really simple way many of you could help is to just link to the site on your website if you have a 'useful links' section :)

This can only increase traffic to the site :)
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Previous

Return to General Discussion