running with a sword, far in the distance…

A place for vegan athletes from all levels and sports to keep their training journals.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Re: running with a sword, far in the distance…

Postby LvH » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:09 pm

Unfortunately last week I only got in 9.41 mi total, and this week was even worse.

Next time I have vacation I need to specifically plan some runs with other people in advance, to make sure I actually go! My vacation habits are terrible, mainly sitting around at home, which I must love to do, since I do it so much when I can get away with it! I was also really sick one day again this week, probably due to all the weird (although vegan) food I was eating at weird times, etc., along with not eating healthy food.

So the point of this post is to remind myself to ***next vacation at least schedule ONE run with someone else***. That's all I ask because it'll be a huge improvement over my usual holidays.
LvH

Postby LvH » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:47 am

The last several weeks my running training has been terrible!! But I am back on track now, will report at the end of this week. A few runs will not have been reported...

Yesterday I did 6.43 miles at 11:43 min/mi pace. Yesterday was also good because I couldn't run with my group, and I had to find a new route that would work with the car sharing with my husband for that day. So good training and good planning, yay!

Planning is going to be KEY as I am starting a really heavy class load on top of working full time, this week. But I just read (again) how much exercise helps your brain / memory / learning, so I have every reason to keep running no matter how busy I get!!
LvH

Postby LvH » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:17 am

Training plan said \ I did

Su Easy 2-3 miles \ 3.33 miles, 11:50 min/mile
M XT up to 30 min \ 1 hr spinning class

After Monday it comes apart. Sunday I had some moderate achilles pain and Monday it was worse. I stupidly overdid it with that long (for me) 6+ mile run on Saturday (right before last Sunday), after almost no running for a couple of weeks.

The achilles pain has improved, but continued until this week even though I completely rested the rest of the week.

Saturday and Sunday (yesterday) I did some exercises that are supposed to help. I am also maybe going to switch back to my old running shoes because my new ones may be too bouncy / squishy. I have read that a squishy heel is bad for achilles tendonitis (on that always correct source of information, the internet). Then maybe get different new shoes? I think if I take mine back to the shop where I got them, I might at least get a discount on a different pair, since I only bought them in maybe November of last year.

Today I did a short 2.63 at 12:24. Still having some mild pain. But I should have picked a flat trail, instead of the hilly one that I chose just because I missed it after not going there for quite a while!

When I get up in the morning I can barely walk but the exercises are strength training so I am hoping that is DOMS not exacerbation.

I am going to look into swimming this week, I need my cardio fix! But I don't have contact lenses and can't see at all without my glasses, so maybe first I need contacts to wear under swim goggles. I would have to find and go to a new eye doc for that, which I don't have time/$ for. Arrgggh!! Sorry for all the whining, I'm just letting off steam. Or maybe I can pool run with my glasses on so I don't crash into people. We shall see. I am really fortunate that my work/school gym has a pool though!!!!
LvH

Postby LvH » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:33 am

After a couple of months of rather sporadic exercise, I hope to get back into a routine, for at least the next several weeks!!

2.0 mi treadmill (incline 0); 11.11 min/mi
2.53 mi run 11:19 min/mi
3.75 mi run (moderate hill) 11:23 min/mi
LvH

Postby LvH » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:30 pm

Only 2.0 miles at 10:53 minutes/mile last week on the treadmill at 0.3 incline. Had a giant exam to cram for, on top of the usual, but I was back on the treadmill today (and lost a couple lbs, apparently, too?)
LvH

Postby LvH » Wed May 23, 2012 10:56 pm

5.31 mi / 11:48 mpm
5.31 / 11:58
4.89 / 14:08 [half walked - adapting to really hot weather :) ]
LvH

Previous

Return to Training Logs