buying fresh meat vid...

Anything not covered above probably belongs here!

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

buying fresh meat vid...

Postby mabli » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:17 pm

Would like to do something like this locally... I really love the last woman's reaction... mad when she was quite happy to buy meat

http://www.youtube.com/embed/oUoCZOOxgv8
mabli

Re: buying fresh meat vid...

Postby beforewisdom » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:33 pm

I couldn't imagine a supermarket in the U.S. allowing such a stunt to take place on their property. I imagine a similar attitude would exist in the UK?

Maybe setting something up on a public space outside of a McDonalds?

"The plural of anecdote is not data." (Roger Brinner)
beforewisdom

Postby mabli » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:12 pm

yep, was thinking of doing it in the street, as if we selling sausages... not sure how moral it is to use animals though...
mabli

Postby DB » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:19 pm

Hilarious! Oh wait, that pretty much really happens. Amazing no one knows where sausage comes from. Or pork chops. Or steak. Or most any of their food for that matter.
DB

Postby vegan hal » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:30 pm

DB wrote:Hilarious! Oh wait, that pretty much really happens. Amazing no one knows where sausage comes from. Or pork chops. Or steak. Or most any of their food for that matter.

and I bet most people don't realise that pork IS actually from baby pigs -- less than 6 months old. I thought the video was great. points out the hypocrisy.
vegan hal

Postby fredrikw » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:27 pm

Great as a video, not so great to do for real IMO. I can imagine is being a bit stressful for the piglets to be used as props in a crowded super market, lifted into a box over and over again.
--- non-racers. the emptiness of those lives shocks me ---
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby Goob » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:46 pm

This kind of stuff always pisses me off. People are happy to buy and eat dead pigs, cows, and chickens but they get mad if you talk about what it actually is, especially if children are around. It's proof they know being vegan is the right thing to do, they are just too selfish to do it.
Mikhail Koklyaev wrote:Benedikt he is deadlift god , I'm only amateur
Goob

Postby Konstantin » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:10 pm

The thing is that normally meat is made from animals that die of old age or else decide to give up their lives to ensure humans get some meat, so no wonder these people are shocked that someone is actually killing animals for meat.
You can see my training log if you're really bored: [url]www.veganfitness.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16086&start=360[/url]
Konstantin

Postby beforewisdom » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:31 pm

mabli wrote:yep, was thinking of doing it in the street, as if we selling sausages... not sure how moral it is to use animals though...

If the worse thing that happens to a baby pig is that is that someone holds it in their arms while hiding in a box it would be a much better world.

The people you interface with might be less likely to eat pork in the future if they see how nice baby pigs are during your street demo.

beforewisdom

Postby beforewisdom » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:32 pm

Konstantin wrote:The thing is that normally meat is made from animals that die of old age or else decide to give up their lives to ensure humans get some meat, so no wonder these people are shocked that someone is actually killing animals for meat.

I always thought meat came from Douglas Adams like animals that ask to be eaten.

beforewisdom

Postby israel » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:30 am

Just if you do it have someone who can protect you - dont do it alone and not just you and the man in a box but at least 1 other person who can be someone that is "outside" of the situation that can calm things down

i think the pigs dont suffer that much in comparison to the benifts and in general

I first thought it will be pushing away pepole from veganism but i now think its actually ok must vegans should be regular and preferably muscular and beautiful and calm but nothing wouldnt have happened if there was no preachy "annoying" vegans
israel

Postby mabli » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:21 am

israel wrote:nothing wouldnt have happened if there was no preachy "annoying" vegans

are you calling me preachy and annoying :wink:

well Im not muscular and beautiful anyway lol
mabli

Postby Konstantin » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:18 am

It might be nice to have someone waiting around the corner to introduce them to a veggie hotdog and cupcake to make up for the reaction you just caused them and remind them that they can actually live on vegan food rather than eating 1 part meat 3 parts denial.
You can see my training log if you're really bored: [url]www.veganfitness.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16086&start=360[/url]
Konstantin

Postby israel » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:50 pm

:oops:
What i meant is its good that some vegans are not preachy and not to over do it - but i think this thing might be good

Im not preachy but also not regular and and beautiful and defintly not calm :lol:
israel

Postby beforewisdom » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:20 pm

I'm vegan, not preachy and I am one sexy beast. Should I fly to England for this demo?

beforewisdom

Next

Return to General Discussion