bulkers corner

Any queries about vegan diet, nutrition, dieting, bulking and healthy eating in general. Diets and food from vegan perspective.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Re: bulkers corner

Postby baldy » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:45 am

_zet wrote: Also, had an arm wrestle with my old man today, he's 50 and I'm 24. I lost 4 times. He was surprised that whilst i've gotten bigger I'm still not stronger.

Arm wrestling has lots of technique to it apparently. In my old gym I wrestled the personally trainer, I could easily out bench, squat, deadlift him and weighted 20kg more than him. It was a very very close match, I won but ended up hurting my arm. Things like grip strength and position of your wrist and leading with your shoulder all influence it. You should get your dad to teach you the technique, sounds like a cool old man :)

If your eating 5000 calories a day, and are sure it really is 5000 calories and its not making you fat. The stage 2 is to tweak the carbs, fats and proteins. For a month add 60ml of olive oil to your diet, see what happens. Next month add extra 60 grams of protein and see if that changes anything.

Are you taking any crazy supplements that might be preventing the bulk? Drunk a death shake lately? Vegan Doughnuts?
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby JP » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:29 am

i dont eat that much sweet stuff, or doughnuts or stuff like that, just dont have the sweet tooth.

I also dont measure my food ever. I eat a bit more if i lean up, eat a bit less if i put on fat.

BUt this xmas break has made me to eat less often and bigger meals, as a result feel a bit more tubby and soft :D Maybe the calories have gone up?

bw now at 108-109kg - thinking of getting to about 110 and then trying to work th fat away in the run up to the comps.
JP
Site Admin

Postby baldy » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:05 pm

6000 calories and 250g protein (0.5kg fat) BOOM!
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby xJimx » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:23 pm

baldy wrote:Image

Where from & how much? Looks like one of the Meridian containers.
DYEL
xJimx

Postby baldy » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:27 pm

xJimx wrote:Where from & how much? Looks like one of the Meridian containers.

£10 for 1kg great value and its 100% almonds.
http://www.myprotein.com/uk/products/almond-butter

Going to make a death shake in a minute, with chocolate soya protein powder, frozen banana and this butter. Might turn into a bit of a death shake.
baldy
Site Admin

Postby JP » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:54 pm

solid! let us know about the taste
JP
Site Admin

Postby baldy » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:27 pm

JP wrote:solid! let us know about the taste

Its a lot more runny than I expected, had to stir it up quite a lot. Made a shake with 30g myprotein chocolate soya protein, 1 frozen banana, 2 tablespoons almond butter, 1 teaspoon flaxseed, 600ml water, it was lovely, would be even nicer with a shot of coffee.
baldy
Site Admin

Postby powerlifer » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:07 pm

If you have a high speed blender such as a vitamix you should try making your own nut butters so cheap if you purchase nuts in bulk and you can all sorts of spices, dried herbs and other powders to increase the nutrients and flavour.

Making chocolate or carob almond butters are brilliant. Cashew too but generally needs abit of sweetner as the taste is abit mild.
Organic Herbal Products, Vega Cellular Foods, Vitashine Vegan Vitamin D3 Spray + More
http://www.amlaberry.co.uk
powerlifer

Postby blinki » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:50 pm

I've got my cheesey flavoured goo to a point I'm happy with it. It's about 150 calories and 9g protein per two-three tablespoons which isn't amazingly high but I can eat enough of it that it doesn't matter. It's my new solution to day where I'm struggling to eat enough
blinki

Postby gabrielxxx » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:38 pm

_zet wrote:it's interesting. Looking at both omnivore/vegetarian/vegan bulking diets, I see that most are based around 3,500-4,000 range. I simply see that as far too little to bulk on and this is someone who measures all food etc. People are often surprised at how much I'm eating. Also, had an arm wrestle with my old man today, he's 50 and I'm 24. I lost 4 times. He was surprised that whilst i've gotten bigger I'm still not stronger.

I often wonder if anything medically is wrong with me or it's just a genetics thing.

That shit is called old man strength. Just think about your Fathers and Uncles who are/were about 40, 50 years old, must be something related to tendon strength.
gabrielxxx

Postby rattus » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:34 am

gabrielxxx wrote:That shit is called old man strength. Just think about your Fathers and Uncles who are/were about 40, 50 years old, must be something related to tendon strength.

Ah ... the hubris of youth!!

Believe me, at 50, I am far from being an old man!!! :evil: <<GRR!!!!>> :D
rattus

Postby baldy » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:50 pm

just ate 10 tesco's ginger bread men. I don't even like ginger bread men.
baldy
Site Admin

Postby rattus » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:01 pm

Surely in these enlightened times it is not acceptable to refer to them is either ginger, or indeed, men?

A better description would be "Spiced Bread Figures".

Also the fact you ate 10 of them shows an unthinking bias to the decimal system, which is based on an assumption of a full, and standard, set of digits. This is offensive to me, as I do not have 10.

To remedy this I suggest you eat another spiced bread figure and think a little more deeply about your obvious prejudices.
rattus

Postby baldy » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:36 pm

Had the last of my morrisons ginger sponge cakes yesterday. Had to smoother them in custard to stop myself gagging.
baldy
Site Admin

Postby sergio » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:59 pm

3 kg on 2 months. No isolated protein, I've just added some shakes between meals and things that were not regular in my diet such as coconut milk or peanut butter. Not sure how much fat and how much muscle I've put on. I definitely suck at bulking.
I accidentally replaced all of my blood with coffee.
sergio

PreviousNext

Return to Vegan Diets, Nutrition and Healthy Eating