compression clothing

New vegan products out there? Queries about products, ingredients, vegan supplements?

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

compression clothing

Postby Darcy » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:47 am

Okay so I'd kind of dismissed this as mostly ridiculous, overpriced, gimmicky lycra...

But I am DESPERATE for something which will help with better recovery and enable me to keep training this hard/more. So I am trying everything.

If you use it:

1. What's the best brand?

2. Do you have ridiculously long legs? If so, what brand do you use?

Thanks!

I did a search for this and weirdly nothing came up... apologies if I've missed the thread somewhere!
Darcy

Re: compression clothing

Postby Darcy » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:18 am

Oh, and has anyone seen these? http://www.redvenom.co.uk/

They seem too cheap to be true... any thoughts!?
Darcy

Postby fredrikw » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:03 am

Compression clothing is really popular right now, runners and triathletes seems to have taken them in completely. I have a pair of Skins Travel&Recovery which I use infrequently, and they feel very comfortable when your legs are toasted from long and hard training and racing. When it comes to their efficiency, I think they might be a part of recovery, but probably quite small compared to everything you can do to recover properly.
--- non-racers. the emptiness of those lives shocks me ---
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby baldy » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:51 pm

Darcy wrote:Oh, and has anyone seen these? http://www.redvenom.co.uk/

They seem too cheap to be true... any thoughts!?

Looks like they are a bargain, Darcy did you ever get anything from them?
I am busy researching compression gear (seems like a good excuse to wear lycra).
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby xJimx » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:40 pm

I always wear a longsleeve Under Armour 'Heat Gear' top in the gym. Main reason for wearing it initially was that it stops me getting friction marks on my arms from my gymnastic ring straps without getting in the way like a baggier top might do, plus I reckon it could help prevent niggles so why not?

Also in the sumemr it's good 'cos it absorbs most of the sweat. Plus it makes me looks quite hench 8)
DYEL
xJimx

Postby baldy » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:51 pm

xJimx wrote: it makes me looks quite hench 8)

This is the main reason I was thinking of getting one, what colour do you think makes you look the most hench?
Black would be the obvious answer, but I have a feeling a white top gives more shadows which makes the curves look bigger, like with white underwear.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby xJimx » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:10 am

Lets be honest it's the main reason anyone wears anything that tight.

My top is black, but that was mainly so it wouldn't get too dirty (apart from chalk obviously, but that brushes off easily). I think a white top would get mucky pretty quick, therefore perhaps grey would be optimal?
DYEL
xJimx

Postby JP » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:19 pm

love my compression shorts over the quads, difference is hard to quantify or judge, but i do note it when i am NOT wearing them after a while of wearing them.
JP
Site Admin

Return to Vegan Products and Supplements