Fitness Is FUN!

A place for vegan athletes from all levels and sports to keep their training journals.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Re: That spit on the squat mirror is mine

Postby seasiren » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:39 pm

:lol: You are honest! I'm doing a 5x5 now, looking forward to following
seasiren

Postby Frostfire » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:46 pm

Thanks Denise, good to see you around again :)

4 Jan. 2012 - Wed
*5 min warm-up on eliptical

Bench: 10 x bar, 10 x 75 lbs, 10 x 95 lbs, 10 x 100 lbs, 8 x 105 lbs, 6 x 110 lbs

Incline: 10 x bar, 10 x 55 lbs, 10 x 65 lbs
Decline: 10 x bar, 10 x 65 lbs, 10 x 75 lbs

Machine Dips: 10 x 150 lbs, 8 x 165 lbs, 6 x 165 lbs

Tri Press: 3 x 10 x 40 lbs

Gonna incorporate incline/decline for a very short while. I like the gains I get when I do them, but that many chest-type presses really does a number on my shoulders and I can't keep it up. Wanted to do pullovers, too, but totally forgot! Next time :)
http://www.ChingSanctuary.org
Frostfire

Postby vegan hal » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:09 am

Frostfire wrote:If I were dishonest, I'd tell you that I have this well thought-out plan for a 6-8 week 5x5 routine for squat where I'll go up 5 pounds each week until I crap out or I hit 8 weeks. But to be honest I was super unmotivated at the gym today and after my warm-up my head just wasn't in the game. I racked up 155 pounds and after 5 reps I just gave up! Well, being darned disappointed in myself I decided to make lemonade out of these lemons and turned it into a 5x5 workout that I will probably continue for 6-8 weeks.

great work grinding it out Frostfire!
vegan hal

Postby Frostfire » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:48 pm

Thanks Hal :)

10 Jan. 2012 - Tues
*warm-up walk to gym from work 1 mile.

Squat: 10 x pistol, 12 x 135 lbs, 5 x 5 x 165 lbs

Leg Curl: 3 x 8 x 50 lbs
Leg Ext: 3 x 10 x 50 lbs

Hip Add: 10 x 100 lbs, 2 x 8 x 105 lbs
Hip Abd: 10 x 100 lbs, 2 x 8 x 105 lbs

Donkey Calf: 15 x 105 lbs, 10 x 120 lbs

Okay, I'm totally slacking on my log! I did some back stuff last Friday, but then my weekends get so crazy I don't get around to posting it until Monday, but Monday this week continued to be crazy. Oh well, I'm just going to skip it.

Today's workout was awesome, my hamstrings were honestly still a little wrecked from last week's session. Funny how something so silly as a leg curl can destroy so completely. Kinda glad I changed it up!
Frostfire

Postby Frostfire » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:21 pm

Oh man, have I ever been slacking at posting and working out! I have a good reason though, I swear! I did bench last Wednesday and did some back on Friday, but then work got crazy. Spent Friday thru Sunday morning out in the field for work with very little sleep. We'd catch naps for an hour or two here and there but it was always interrupted. We'd have to get up and work for a few hours before catching another nap! Because of this erratic sleep, I was too wiped out the rest of Sunday to do anything. Went to the sanctuary on Monday and then spent Tuesday recovering from hauling grain around! Someday I'll actually stick to my routine :( . Life keeps getting in the way :) .

This is where I was:

Frostfire

Postby Frostfire » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:24 am

18 Jan. 2012 - Wed

Squat: 10 x pistol, 10 x 135 lbs, 5 x 5 x 175 lbs

Leg Curl: 3 x 10 x 50 lbs - one leg
Leg Ext: 3 x 10 x 50 lbs - one leg

Hip Add: 2 x 10 x 105 lbs, 4 x 105 lbs
Hip Abd: 2 x 10 x 105 lbs, 8 x 105 lbs

Leg-Press Calf: 3 x 10 x 75 lbs - one leg

Good session, felt better than last week. So next Tuesday marks 8 years that I've been lifting! Vegan Fitness has been here with me every step of the way, too. Thanks Vegan Fitness :mrgreen: .
Frostfire

Postby Lordmuppet » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:46 am

Frostfire wrote:Oh man, have I ever been slacking at posting and working out! I have a good reason though, I swear! I did bench last Wednesday and did some back on Friday, but then work got crazy. Spent Friday thru Sunday morning out in the field for work with very little sleep. We'd catch naps for an hour or two here and there but it was always interrupted. We'd have to get up and work for a few hours before catching another nap! Because of this erratic sleep, I was too wiped out the rest of Sunday to do anything. Went to the sanctuary on Monday and then spent Tuesday recovering from hauling grain around! Someday I'll actually stick to my routine :( . Life keeps getting in the way :) .

This is where I was:

wow that's really pretty when it is lit up! What is it?
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby Frostfire » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:32 pm

Its an oil rig. I thought it oddly lovely. Pictures don't do it justice, its around 150 feet/50 meters tall.
Frostfire

Postby Linnéa76 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:04 pm

Frostfire wrote: So next Tuesday marks 8 years that I've been lifting! Vegan Fitness has been here with me every step of the way, too. Thanks Vegan Fitness :mrgreen: .

Wow, you know the exact date you started lifting? :) I think it's nearly 3 years for me now, hope I'll be as strong as you in 5 years! 8)
-Talk is cheap-
Linnéa76

Postby downhillingdemon » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:36 pm

Must feel good to look back at where you started and where you are now in terms of both weight and technique! :D
"You can't hide from your shadow"
downhillingdemon

Postby Frostfire » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:31 pm

Thanks Linnea! I'm sure you will surpass me before then :)

And yeah DHD, it is fun to look back but sometimes I'm sad I'm not even stronger after so long!

25 Jan. 2012 - Wed
*warm-up walk to gym from work

Squats: 10 x pistol, 10 x 135 lbs, 5 x 165 lbs
5 x 5 x 185 lbs :)

Leg Curl: 3 x 10 x 50 lbs - one leg
Leg Ext: 3 x 10 x 60 lbs - one leg

Leg-Press Calf: 3 x 10 x 75 lbs - one leg

Sweet, wasn't sure I'd get all 5x5 at this weight, but I did! I promised myself beforehand that if I did get them, I wouldn't have to do hip adduction/hip abduction today, so I skipped those :) BTW, does anyone else call them the "Yes-No Machines"? That is common around here and I'm trying to decided whether its sexist or not, anyway . . .

In other log news, I went to a Cross Fit class with a friend last Friday because I wanted to try something new. BAD IDEA! There is a very good reason I don't do anything overhead anymore, even if its light/no weight. This class caused the worse RA flare I've had in a long time. BOTH my shoulders were frozen and throbbing and my elbows were toast. Couldn't unbend my arms for 3 days. I had to call out sick to work on Monday and only went Tuesday because by then I could tough it out. By Wednesday was okay for the gym, even though everything was still tender. Remind me never to do that again!
Frostfire

Postby Lordmuppet » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:06 pm

Linnéa76 wrote:
Frostfire wrote: So next Tuesday marks 8 years that I've been lifting! Vegan Fitness has been here with me every step of the way, too. Thanks Vegan Fitness :mrgreen: .

Wow, you know the exact date you started lifting? :) I think it's nearly 3 years for me now, hope I'll be as strong as you in 5 years! 8)

*sigh* okay this sort of healthy peer support won't cut it people! Please report for mandatory enrollment in Lordmuppet's Smacktalking 101. We have much work to do!

Your homework for this week involves a study of my (still ongoing) battle with Seitanic and in particular my subtle, yet effective use of images of Guter (the small, fat German kid from the Simpsons) to make Seitanic feel worse about himself.

:wink:
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby Frostfire » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:44 pm

Lordmuppet: Sir, yes sir! :)

30 Jan. 2012 - Mon

DB Bench Press: 10 x 25s, 10 x 30s, 10 x 40s, 8 x 45s, 5 x 50s, 3 x 50s

Pull-Overs: 15 x 25 lbs

Dips: 3 x 8 x bw

Shoulder Re-habbie Stuff: 3 x 10 x a wierd mix of rotator cuff stuff w/2.5 lbs plates.

I'm tackling my shoulder problem head on! I've always been of the philosophy that if a joint is bad, it always helps to strengthen the muscles around it. With that in mind, I'm adding rotator-cuff stuff to my routine. Someone awhile back had posted in someone else's log about shoulder rehab exercises, now I'm gonna have to track that down and make sure I'm doing it right and not forgetting anything. Also switched to dumbbells for a minute, my pressing was getting so uneven! DBs should fix that right up :)
Frostfire

Postby Lordmuppet » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:11 pm

Frostfire wrote:Lordmuppet: Sir, yes sir! :)

30 Jan. 2012 - Mon

DB Bench Press: 10 x 25s, 10 x 30s, 10 x 40s, 8 x 45s, 5 x 50s, 3 x 50s

Pull-Overs: 15 x 25 lbs

Dips: 3 x 8 x bw

Shoulder Re-habbie Stuff: 3 x 10 x a wierd mix of rotator cuff stuff w/2.5 lbs plates.

I'm tackling my shoulder problem head on! I've always been of the philosophy that if a joint is bad, it always helps to strengthen the muscles around it. With that in mind, I'm adding rotator-cuff stuff to my routine. Someone awhile back had posted in someone else's log about shoulder rehab exercises, now I'm gonna have to track that down and make sure I'm doing it right and not forgetting anything. Also switched to dumbbells for a minute, my pressing was getting so uneven! DBs should fix that right up :)

ever read any of Eric Cressey's stuff? He's meant to be THE shoulder health guy. Lot's of stuff online for free at t nation and also his own website.
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby Frostfire » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:37 pm

Thanks Lordmuppet! I will look into him :)

31 Jan. 2012 - Tues

Squats: 10 x pistol, 10 x 135 lbs, 5 x 170 lbs
5 x 5 x 195 lbs (89 kgs) - woot!

Leg Curl: 3 x 10 x 50 lbs - one leg at a time
Let Ext: 3 x 10 x 60 lbs - ditto

Leg Press Calf: 3 x 10 x 75 lbs - one leg at a time

Skipped hip adductor/abductor again today, again I promised myself I didn't have to do them if I got all 5x5 on squats! :) Next week its going down to 5x3 :)
Frostfire

PreviousNext

Return to Training Logs